[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling overwhelmed with life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1480587200828.jpg (14KB, 497x315px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480587200828.jpg
14KB, 497x315px
I used to not stress. I'm 21/m/Australia

I found out I had depression in November, I've been medicated and seen counsellors and psychologists. Recently been weaning off the medication.

I had my first relationship this year. It lasted 2 months 1 week and half a day before I found out she was cheating.

I'm about $800 in debt and I need about $700 to fix my car thats got a few "non important but should be taken care of before they turn into something bad" issues with it.

About 2 weeks ago I took a job I don't really like that pays below minimum wage just ao I had some some extra money to go out with the gf that I no longer have.

I've got like 5 assignments due in the next 2 weeks and a bunch of lectures to catch up on.

I don't usually feel overwhelmed but I don't know where to start. Maybe I just needed to put everything out there and vent, but any help is appreciated
>>
>>18290612
>I took a job I don't really like that pays below minimum wage
You know that's illegal, right?
>>
>>18290618
Not OP, but Amerifat here:

Lots of places here will regularly pay hourly wages less than minimum wage and it's legal because the employees are given tip-share or anything that *might* make up the difference if they're lucky.
>>
>>18290622
You obviously didn't read OP's post, he's from Australia. Your ass-backwards American law is irrelevant here.
>>
>>18290618
Yeah I know, But its the only place that will hire me. And money's money
>>
>>18290625
>But its the only place that will hire me.
What makes you say that?

>And money's money
Not if you're being paid less than you ought to. Don't be surprised if they fuck you over in other ways.
>>
>>18290629
Because I applied all over and this place is the only place that 1.) flexible around uni hours and 2.) actually hired me
>>
hang in there, OP, you're doing well by listing the shit down. cause the main task will be to prioritise: e.g. when does the debt have to paid off? >not just yet, then don't worry about it.
>car? ditto. (I hate to say it)
or maybe get some help from your folks if you can.

maybe just focus on the assignments for now, do some work, save the funds, then pay off the debt and get the car fixed in the next few weeks, yeah.

take it easy with yourself.
>>
>>18290638
What is it?
>>
>>18290643
Thanks man.

Ones a speeding fine (sister borrowed my car) that made its way to a warrant because the gov. didn't tell me that the paperwork didn't go through properly. and part of it I owe my brother.

I don't have good relationship with my parents. i live with my dad, but he doesn't work and just smokes bongs all day, and I rarely talk to my mother because she married an obnoxious idiot and surrounds herself with shitty people. So borrowing from them is out of the question.

I have $0 left over after I pay bills usually. Since I got this job i have an extra $50 a week to put towards debts.

>>18290649

Pizza delivery. I get paid 12/hour + I have to pay for my own petrol
>>
>>18290612
>gf
I see your problem. It's like trying to quit drinking vodka replacing it with whiskey. Gf won't bring you happiness, she will only fuck you up beyond repair. You just pulled your shit together and you already jumped into void with your "but muh loneliness" shit and got yourself a gf... Don't you have friends that you're so desperate to be around with somebody just to feel better? Use girls for your primary needs and that's it. Once you'll feel comfortable being all alone, that's the time you should consider dating. First you need to learn to live alone in order to let someone in into your life.

Believe me, I've been together for 12 years until she cheated and left and after 2 years I'm feeling better than ever. Just focus on yourself, not your imaginary needs for someone to be around.
>>
>>18290670
I'm just saying I've recently become single and thats adding to my stress. Nothing to do with her bringing me happiness. Its just lowered my happiness now that we've broken up
>>
>>18290665
well in that case, your brother can wait a few weeks I'd hope, and tell that sister of yours to cough up. you have enough shit to deal with without this crap.

also, take to your mother more often, even if you disapprove of her husband. just my 2c.

good luck, anon!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.