[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The girl I used to be in love with is now in an relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 0.jpg (7KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
7KB, 226x223px
The girl I used to be in love with is now in an relationship with a controlling narcissist. He's made her cut all of her friends out her life, delete her Facebook account and move to another state. She's barely still in touch with her parents.

To be fair, I don't know how abusive the relationship is, but when we were together she was into S&M and extremely submissive. She did get into this of her accord, but I'm worried that she's in over her head.

It's the isolation that bothers me the most, but I don't know if I'm out of line trying to contact her. She doesn't reply to my emails (but this could just because she's worried he'd find out) and I badly want to call her to see if she's ok.

Am I being an sperglord or am I right to be concerned? Should I call or am I interfering?

pic semi-related. I'll admit I do still have tender feelings for her, but I also accept that we can probably never be together again because the (geographical) distance between us is why it didn't work out in the first place. I'm not sure if my feelings are clouding my judgment and driving this, or if this is the normal reaction a concerned friend should have.
>>
You don't know the situation. You were in love with her, it's more likely that you're convinced her new boyfriend is an asshole out of spite than him making her do this.
>>
>>18290540
Like I said, it's not just me that she's cut out of her life. If it were I could understand. The general consensus is that this guy is a lying, manipulative asshole.

The last message she sent me reads as follows:
"Its kinda new and different to say the least. Being wrapped around someone's finger while slowly losing control is different for me. All I can say is I am not acting like myself at all. You're not the only one that is noticing. I am talking less and less to my room mates and family. But we can't really talk anymore like we used to. It's inappropriate for me to talk to anyone else while I am dating this guy. Take care of yourself, namaste friend".

Again, if it were just me I'd understand, but we all know that isolating someone is step 1) of an abusive relationship.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". This plays over in my head and it's been rotting away at me for the best part of a year.
>>
>>18290535
>The girl I used to be in love with

"Used to be" She is literally none of your business now. Drop your "white knight" fantasy of saving her.
>>
>>18290600
this

>The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
That's a bullshit slogan that can't be applied in real life. I don't see you doing anything about those starving children in Africa either. Or about the millions of cases of domestic violence out there. And I'm sure there were many cases of injustice you witnessed in your life, but you didn't care about them or didn't even notice them, because you weren't emotionally invested in any of them. You only care about this one particular case because you still have feelings for her and deep down you want to have her back. It's not because you're some avatar of good morals and defender of the oppressed, it's because of your selfish desires and you lie yourself with this morality issue.

She didn't even ask for your help, but you presumed she wants it anyway. Assuming that you know better than her whether that relationship is good for her is pretty disrespectful, actually. Maybe she is in an abusive relationship maybe she's not, but it's none of your business. Yes, trying to do something about it will make you look like a giant sperglord.
>>
>tfw no qt sub gf to abuse and isolate until you are the center of her world
>>
It's not your place to do anything. I feel for you anon, a girl I used to date is in a similar situation now and as much as it sucks, you need to live your life and not get involved in her problems, no matter how much you want to.

Ultimately if she is in an abusive relationship, she's the only one who can decide to get herself out of it. If she can't pull herself away from him with the resources already available to her, nothing is going to change with your presence in the situation.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.