[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend died in a car crash...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

I don't know what to fucking do with myself.
I went to grab chinese w him yesterday...and he's fucking gone now. I'm fucking pissed at him because it's his own damn fault. He was speeding on a narrow ass road and crashed his fucking car. Apparently like half the forest was on fire as well before the cops came.

Fuck, this is messing me up so much. I'm losing it, like I know I'll wake up tomorrow and have to remind myself that he's gone. I knew the fuck for 11 years, played soccer with him, went to school with him, and just finished working valet with him.

Yeah, it feels like the right time to kill myself. I guess this just finally pushed me over the edge. Thanks for reading I guess, it was kinda cathartic for me to write.
>>
Brother, please don't do this. Whatever pain you're feeling right now will be felt again by everyone who cares about you.

+1 (800) 273-8255

Talk to somebody. Talk to me if that helps. Just please hang in there.

I am so, so sorry for your loss.
>>
>>18290367
suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do. don't be that guy.

it's not going to bring your friend back and it's just going to inflict the same feelings on your loved ones.

sorry for your loss. it's tough, but you must go on.

call the number in the other poster's reply, or talk to us.
>>
>>18290367
Dude I know how it feels to lose your best friend. Mine died 6 months ago out of fucking nowhere. It gets better... it just takes time. You have to stay strong, your friend would want that. Suicide is for the weak. And you are not weak! You will push through this difficult time and it will make you stronger, trust me. Go talk to someone, don't be alone.
>>
>>18290367
My friend, please listen closesly to me. No matter what you feel right now, no matter how much you feel like you won't ever get over this, it won't last forever. The pain will subside, you need to learn to weather the storm of powerful emotions. They come and go but do not define you. Balance will come about again. Focus on your breath. Sit calmly, breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth slowly at the same intervals for in as out. Concentrate on the naval and continue breathing deep breaths into the diaphram. Learn the ways of mindfullness. It is the only remedy for this.
>>
>>18290367
my best friend died a year ago I was in the same painful situation, I understand how you feel but please taking your own life isn't worth it. you'll get better, I promise.
>>
>>18290367
>I'm fucking pissed at him because it's his own damn fault.
>Fuck, this is messing me up so much. I'm losing it
>Yeah, it feels like the right time to kill myself.
You're angry and heartbroken that your friend threw away his life, and now you're considering doing the same thing? Making somebody else feel exactly what you're feeling now?

On the off chance that you're thinking "I don't have anybody in my life who would feel that way about me," I PROMISE you that you're wrong.

Think about what you're saying. You know you shouldn't do this.
>>
>>18290382
>>18290408
>>18290400
>>18290387
>>18290386

I wasn't actually expecting any responses, but this was a nice surprise. Regardless, everything just seems so foreign to me now. Nothing seems to make sense anymore, and I'm just stuck feeling like I don't belong here.
I don't see this getting better, and I've already made up my mind, I probably should have made it clear that I wasn't really looking for advice.

I can't explain what I'm feeling right now and what's going through my mind, and to be honest, I just want it to stop. I'll have completed my suicide soon enough, so yeah... I'm fucked up
>>
>>18290416
>I don't see this getting better
Doesn't matter. As someone who has been through something very similar (my girlfriend's sister died in college - it wasn't her fault, and we were good friends) it does get better. I'm telling you that it does get better. Of course it never goes back to how it was, but it does get better. Even if it feels like it never will, it still gets better.

There is a reason people say "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." It's a cliche, but people say it because it's true.

>I can't explain what I'm feeling right now and what's going through my mind,
You don't have to. You let yourself process it all for a while and slowly it goes away. I promise.
>I just want it to stop
It will. Without you killing yourself.

Dying isn't a relief from pain. People think it is, but it isn't. If you hang in there, eventually you will feel the relief you need. If you die, you'll never feel that, and you'll make other people feel as bad as you're feeling now.
>>
>>18290416
>this was a nice surprise
>i wasn't really looking for advice
>i'm going to do it anyway

why did you come here then?
>>
>>18290433
This. You posted here instead of /b/ because you wanted someone to talk you out of it. Let us talk you out of it, then.
>>
>>18290433
>>18290435
it was more of a vent post I guess, but I just can't take anyone who's telling me to not kill my self seriously. Telling me it gets better? That's a bunch of horseshit. I'll never be able to do so much as even hold down a job. Fuck, I should've mentioned it earlier, but I already suffer from severe panic attacks, and after I heard about my friend I've been in this foreign state of mind that makes everything 10x harder for me. My therapist says I'm suffering from depersonalization and whenever the fuck it is it's not going away
>>
>>18291524
>Fuck, I should've mentioned it earlier, but I already suffer from severe panic attacks

What or who made you like this?
>>
>>18290367
He's dead, there's nothing you can do, everyone dies, get over it.
>>
>>18291524
>'m suffering from depersonalization
Isn't that kind of shit that only lasts during your 20's?
You could try writing a book about it, maybe you'll be the next Phillip Dick or something
>>
File: 1473286898235.jpg (65KB, 500x559px) Image search: [Google]
1473286898235.jpg
65KB, 500x559px
I lost my mom to cancer dude. I cant say i haven't thought about suicide, or still dont to this day. Im not gonna say it gets easier. You will always feel a hole in your chest that your friend filled. But you will get more comfortable with that hole. Imagine how you feel now, and imagine you mom feeling that way. Imagine your other friends feeling that way. You dont want to do that to them. Stay strong. If you need someone to talk to who has gone thru a loss a big as yours im open to talk. I deal with it by writing. I write songs and play guitar. You need to find something similar you can do to help you through your healing. Stay safe and dont give. Wubba Lubba Dub Dub.
>>
Sometimes it feels good to have no friends.
Don't give up OP
>>
>>18290367
It's painful. Take some time to get grounded. Come to terms with what is. That's all you can do for now.
You should go see the family. Check up on them. If you're feeling bad imagine what they might be going through.
>>
>>18292265
This × 1000

You don't get better. You just learn to be happy while you're incomplete. Some days, you don't really feel the void, but other days, it's the only thing in the world. Spend time with friends and family and reminisce. The people we love never truly leave us.
>>
>>18292380
>The people we love never truly leave us.
5 years and I still think about my dad regularly. This time of year more so than most because it's when he died. Thinking about him doesn't slow me down though. It used too, but not anymore. It's just a bittersweet thought now. I have great memories of him, and some pretty bad ones when he was at his lowest but I frankly just remember the good times. Life truly does go on.

I think OP should seek some sort of help, professional or not, because you shouldn't be on the ledge with suicide to the point where tragedy makes you want to jump off it. That may be some other underlying issue OP might have that needs to be address. People grieve but it shouldn't make you want to end your life.
>>
>all these people pretending to care about OP when they didnt even know he existed a day ago
Fuck em man. They're all phonies.
>>
>>18293113
it's called empathy. you should try it sometime.
>>
>>18293113
I try my best to take what everyone says seriously, but this actually really bothers me

I just get the feeling that no one's actually genuine, like for some reason it's just a way for them to feel better about themselves for trying to 'help' someone

idk anymore man
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.