[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Very shy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1493877403561.jpg (72KB, 480x545px) Image search: [Google]
1493877403561.jpg
72KB, 480x545px
I'm probably one of the shyest people ever. And my job's bread and butter requires me to talk to people. I work with my bf and I feel like I'm failing him by not being able to talk to people. Is there anything I can do to get over this fear. I wanna get better
>>
Honestly you working at that job will do wonders for that. You are doing exactly what you should do: practice. Except that you're going to fuck up and be awkward. After a couple days, you'll get a routine down, and then after that you'll feel more confident to add on and improvise in the moment. But do be aware your first few WILL suck. That's just life, yo.
>>
Baby steps! Make it a goal to carry on a conversation with, say, someone at the checkout counter or wherever you shop, ask them a couple things about themselves. Then ramp up a bit while going over how the conversation went, whether good or bad, and try to realize that even the worst conversations you have didn't cause any long term damage to you or your life.
>>
>>18289801
Have you read Dale Carnegie's books yet? Start with 'How to win friends and influence people'. Also remember sometimes the people we consider best at talking to people are really the best at listening to people. Once you learn to listen and suggest positive or intuitive choices sales is pretty much a breeze. At that point though you gotta be careful not to take advantage of people for personal gain, which many salespeople fall into doing. Yes it may make a few commissions larger but it really hurts long term sales. Remember the best deal for both parties usually is one where both of you leave a little something on the table so to speak. Strong positive word of mouth is a very good self generating lead in sales.
>>
>>18289801
>I'm the shyest person ever!
>muh boyfriend..

Shut the fuck up, you don't know what it's really like to be a wallflower
>>
>>18289917
My bf came up to me. I wasn't actively looking for a bf at the time.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.