[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I really need to bring a wedding gift?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: BvKMLjiCYAEqYBW.jpg (20KB, 403x538px) Image search: [Google]
BvKMLjiCYAEqYBW.jpg
20KB, 403x538px
I am attending a friends wedding reception this weekend but I am too broke for a gift.

Friend and his wife are more well off than me and they got married in Hawaii and toured around asia for 3 weeks. Do I really to bring them a gift?

I already have to spend 100$ on uber to get there and come back because venue is in buttfuck nowhere.
>>
It'd be rude of you to go without one, so yes, I would say it's expected that you take something.
>>
>>18289643
i would rather just skip the whole thing but i already rsvped with my menu option.

friend already knows that i had to move back in with my parents. maybe hell get a clue?

what about an iou?
>>
>>18289651
>maybe hell get a clue?
What? It'd be socially unacceptable for you to turn up without a gift, the fact that you had to move back in with your parents doesn't change that. Heck, it means you have more money since you're not spending it on rent and stuff.

>what about an iou?
Again, not acceptable.

I mean, no one's going to say anything to your face. But they're providing you with a meal and a nice event, don't be surprised if they start cutting you off if you're this inconsiderate or socially unaware
>>
>>18289657
i lost my job and ive been unemployed for some time now. i also find it hard to feel super guilty about it because the guy has a slick government job which probably over pays him.

what if i just got them a card and explained my situation in the card with the promise that ill send them something when im back on my feet?
>>
>>18289677
Him having money has nothing to do with you being socially obliged to buy a gift.

>what if i just got them a card and explained my situation in the card with the promise that ill send them something when im back on my feet?
That's pathetic in more ways than one.

Borrow money from your parents or whatever if you have to
>>
>>18289687
ffffuuuuuccccckkkkkk...

should i just message him and explain my situation?
>>
>>18289641
Bro buy them like a 10$ bottle of wine and wrap it up all fancy
>>
>>18289697
First of all, he'd probably be busy. Secondly, you're placing him in the awkward position of having to tell you he understands and that it's fine even if it's not.
>>
>>18289699
wine is something you bring to a dinner party. wedding gifts should either be cash or something that isnt single use.
>>
>>18289699
Wine isn't something you give as a wedding gift.
>>
>>18289703
if the shoe was on the other foot i wouldnt feel bad about him stiffing me on a gift.
>>
>>18289709
You're not in his position and you probably have never been in his position, so you can't say that. He and his fiancee are spending thousands on this wedding, it's expected that you give something in return.

But hey, tell him that and see what happens. Like I said, don't be surprised if they start cutting you off.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.