[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is dating ? What it means to be dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1422818069418.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1422818069418.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
I've posted something similar recently, but I'm still confused

What the fuck is "dating" ?

>Be me, 19, collage, move to another city
> mild jet lag insomnia
>meet a girl
>she texts me everyday
>I ask her out on a date
> YES!! she says
> "Don't think about not sleeping after that anon" she says
>we go out on a date
>we talk for almost 5 hours, we walk trough parks, drink coffee - the regular stuff
>she seems to like me
>"Anon you have to take me camping sometimes !" She says the next day
>we text for a couple of more days
>I ask out on another date, this time cinema
>"Uhh, sorry, I'm just too busy right now and will probably be for the next few weekends"
>she keeps texting me still

What the fuck am I on, are we dating ? Or what the fuck is going on ? Can someone elaborate, I've never dated anyone before, I've always met girls on concerts/pubs/bars and kissed them there, this shit is all new to me

Someone elaborate, I can't fucking sleep
>>
>>18289476
You're dating if you go on dates.
But until you have a talk and go steady, she'll be talking to other guys the same way she's talking with you.
>>
>>18289490
So it's normal that people go on dates with more people and I shouldn't really expect anything now ?
>>
>>18289476

So you calmed down from before? Awesome! I was in your first thread.

This is dating, what you are doing. You are not exclusive yet, so don't be mad if she meets with other guys. Keep at it, have fun, and something may develop.
>>
>>18289517
Well that sounds crap

I've never technically "dated" anyone, and last time I was on a date it ended with as you call it "being exclusive" a.k.a we kissed
>>
>>18289532
>it ended with as you call it "being exclusive" a.k.a we kissed

This is a joke, right? "Exclusive" means she won't date other people (and neither will you). Kissing doesn't make it exclusive, dude.

To be fair, most people don't "date around". They usually pursue one person at a time. Just saying, going on a date doesn't make her your girlfriend or anything. At least not yet.
>>
>>18289508
The short answer is yes, the addendum being "if they can."

Gender ratios have become a popular topic in relationship research in the past couple of years, and the basic finding is:
>More men than women, women are sluts
>More women than men, men are sluts

So if you want a good answer, look at the gender ratio in your area, and that'll give you a reasonable indication of the likelihood that she is talking to more than just you.
>>
>>18289536
Well I'm bad with the terminology, and in my language the word for "dating" doesn't even exist. The only appropriate word that does exist would be "зaбaвљaњe" or going on dates while zoućre in a relationship. In my hometown people first become a couple and than date, I guess it's a culture thing and I've always thought it was some western thing to date in this way. I've moved to the capital recently and people do seem more "westernly"

So far I've got used to :
either
1. I know the person from before, we talk, flirt, go to a gig/whatever and we kiss
2. A "date" where we go somewhere, coffee or whatever and either get along or go on our own paths
I was aware that things work differently, so I didn't expect anything from the first date, but it just seems so exhausting to go on a dozen of dates until it's official. This is just making me uncomfortable, I want to know where I am and is it a yes or a no.

I guess I'll just have to get used to this
>>
>>18289551
>I want to know where I am and is it a yes or a no.

Yeah, even those of us born in that culture feel that way. It's not that bad, but we get you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.