[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Throat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1059.jpg (66KB, 750x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1059.jpg
66KB, 750x594px
What to do about throat? Pic related shit hurts.
>>
>>18289223
go to a doctor and get antibiotics
>>
>>18289224
Tried that, doctor prescribed anti biotics but they still havent worked at all in the last three days, what can i do to ease pain?
>>
>>18289223
>>18289229
Call doc and tell them they aren't working. You'll probably get stronger anti biotics or possible surgery to remove them if it's confirmed that it's tonsillitis. For the mean time ibuprofen is pretty good for oral discomfort also gargle warm salt water.
>>
>>18289237
Okay thank you.
>>
Ten days of penicillin for a reason
>>
>>18289239
They usually work within hours of first dose but that could just be me reacting to medicine quickly. Not OP.
>>
>>18289223
What the hell is that? It is not sexually transmitted, is it?
>>
>>18289250
Not OP either and it usually takes days for me, 3 would be bare minimum and whatever the fuck OP got, it looks pretty bad. When I was sick pretty often 3-4 years ago I did experiment with skipping on antibiotics and it took about the same time with as without.

>>18289237
>gargle warm salt water.
+1
>>
>>18289250
No, you have to keep taking the full course until it kills all the bacteria. Your symptoms might clear up before it's actually done. Any bacteria that survive will develop a resistance to the antibiotic you used, and you can pass that antibiotic-resistant bacteria to other people.
>>
Op take another shot including your mouth and try to get a straight on view.

If the uvula is deviated to one side it is quinsy, in which case you should see an ent surgeon quickly

Are you snoring, have any difficulty breathing or experienced any change in your voice? The other possibility is retropharyngeal abscess
>>
>>18289229
Antibiotics only shorten the duration of strep throat by a day or two. It will probably last at least a week. Man up, eat some icecream and take some paracetamol and ibuprofen

Source: doctor
>>
>>18289273
Wrong post you responded to? I do take my pills for the full course when docs prescribe them to me btw.
>>
>>18289223
How the fuck did this happen to you ?
>>
>>18289293
OK you're taking the antibiotics fine.

But it's dangerous to assume it's still just tonsillitis at this stage. Pathology evolves. If you're feeling as bad as you were when you saw your doctor then you should go back
>>
just scrape it off with your finger you pussy
>>
>>18289223
Keep taking your antibiotics. I just got over tonsillitis myself, ask for pharixia/benzydamine oral rinse, or other throat numbing liquid you gargle. Mine was .15% ML and it worked like a charm.
>>
>>18289223
What the fuckkkk
>>
Gargle salt water, I guarantee it will help. But looking at a throat like that, I'm not sure. But it's worth a try
>>
>>18289223
the are tonsil stones i get them all the time. you can pop them out with your fingers almost like a zit... that's what i do
>>
>>18289223
That shit lasted for almost a month for me. Damn it
>>
>>18289597
>>18289223
Definitely don't do that
>>
>>18289597

oooooohhhh i wanna see a video of tonsil stones popping
>>
Uh, I suffered those since my childhood and spend more time sick than healthy because of them. Might work if you have a doctor give you some antibiotics, but ir it is something that continue to happen they might consider surgery to remove the tonsils. They did that to me and I varely get sick now.
>>
>>18289229
Those things ruined my life when younger and ended up in surgery to remive my tonssils, but my case was very severe.
Try WARM water with salt, make gargles, also even if feels good try not to poke them out, you can accidentay hurt your tonsils and they are already swollen. The water ia more gentle.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.