[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How imporant is High school?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9402.jpg (828KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9402.jpg
828KB, 1920x1440px
So I had my first of 5 higher exams today. It was maths, I fucked up. Knocked all my confidence out me. Pretty sure I'm going to do badly on the rest of them or maybe some C grade passes here and there. Now I'm not sure on what the general consensus is of universities in different countries but in Scotland it's feels like you must be a perfect student and get at least 3 A's do loads of other extra curricular activities to ever hope to step into a university. Since In most cases retaking my exams is pointless since they all ask for "grades on first attempt" So now I'm worried that I'm always gonna be stuck below average, with a below average grades being stuck with below average job and wage. All we ever hear is how impossible it is to go to any university since there is another 1000 teens with much better personal statements, grades and CVs ready to take your space on the course.
Fuck my life
Fuck school
>>
>>18289120
>How important is High school?

It's not important. Go to a community college, then transfer to a Uni. Nobody cares about high school
>>
>>18289120
I literally got into Abertay uni with a HNC awarded a week after the semester started and not even a certificate. Fuck highschool; go to college and then maybe go to uni
>>
>>18289120
Man. Life is a flow. How you did on that test is not how you'll do again. Everything is a process. Especially education.

You'll be fine if you let yourself be fine. Don't allow a perceived failure to hold you from achieving when it's really just a learning process. Everything is.
>>
Wow highschool in notamerica sounds hell
>>
>>18289120
Every level in life is interested only in the preceding level. University wants to know your high school record, but postgrad only wants to know your undergrad record. First job may be interested in your uni grades, but second job only wants to know how you did in your first job, and so on.

In your case - first of all, don't assume in advance you're going to do very badly. But if you do, follow the logic above. A year in a 6th form college (or the Scottish equivalent) with good grades will mean that universities will only be interested in it, and not what came before.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.