[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people deal with emotions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Ok, so.. long story short.

>Long term B6, B12, Iron, and Vit D deficiency
>Had serious chronic fatigue, hypersomnia etc.
>Got treated; injections and pills; I'm getting better. More energy, more capable.
>Had dark circles around my eyes since I was 10-11 (now in my 20s), that are finally starting to clear up, so very long term.
>By the time I was 18, I didn't feel a very large spectrum of emotions. Usually just happiness or anger.
>Was very subdued emotionally, fairly cold
>Since getting treatment I'm now experiencing more emotions

Issue is, I don't know how to deal with these things. I haven't had to in years, and when I did it was in short, brief spats. Like I don't even know what some of these emotions I'm experiencing are because it's just not been something present to me for a long time. It's very plausible the health issues I had caused depression, but I never really lacked motivation to do things. I don't understand what's happening with all of these feelings, I do not how to process them.

I tried getting an NHS therapist 2 months ago, and I'm still waiting. I don't have the money for private really, not right now. I think I'm a little scared that this will intensify and become a distraction, how do you deal with these kinds of emotions on a daily basis?
>>
Anyone..?
>>
Try to connect the emotions you are feeling with things happening around you, or where spesifically do you feel them.

For example, if you feel something heavy in your chest, it might be sadness or regret. You can look up all of these thing online. Just search something along the lines of "where do people feel emotions". Hope this helped
>>
>>18288548
>How do people deal with emotions

Well personally I drink.
>>
I compartmentalize mine.
The ones that can be resolved I think through. The ones I can't think around get buried deep down.
>>
>>18288700
It seems quite vague, how do people aptly distinguish them?
>>
Hi Anon.

>>18288700
The second part of this Anon's post is very good, the first part can be tricky if you are just starting out on this emotional rollercoaster. Trying to place your emotions to why they are happening in the beginning can lead to frustration. Sometimes people just feel sad or happy and there isn't really a reason, or the reason is not in front of them.

The most important thing is to experience these emotions fully and not push them down. Eventually you will be able to place the types of emotions. That only leads to disaster. When you push down emotions, you don't learn how to deal with them, so when something happens that triggers extreme angry/sad/humilitating feelings happens, you aren't able to deal with them.

You can't rationalize away feelings. Feelings aren't rational. What >>18288710 is doing is extremely unhealthy. The best thing you can do with feelings is learn to experience them fully, otherwise they will seep out in other ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRk7VFLH-aE
This is a good video regarding this topic.

You said you cannot afford a therapist, so grabbing some of the therapy "Guide Books" might help. Look into the basics of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and the connection between thoughts, behaviors, and feelings. If that doesn't work out for you (it doesn't for some people), I recommend Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, which is more about mindfulness and emotion regulation.

I hope I helped a bit Anon.
>>
>>18288831
Mmm ok I watched the video, bits and pieces seem wishy washy, but I get the jist of it I think.

I really wish I could talk to someone about these things and process them, but unfortunately I don't really have people around me I could do that with. No friends anymore and my parents aren't good at talking.

I'm starting to have new feelings about things that have happened, like ones that were just overall encompassed by either 'positivity' or 'negativity', but I don't have anywhere to put them. The concept of that alone is making me feel a little anxious or stressed.
>>
>>18288869

It really does sound like a therapist needs to happen in your future. Have you considered online therapy? It's cheaper and I've heard mixed results but it could hold you over until the NHS kicks in.
>>
>>18288548
You're growing up, maturating emotionally.

That being said, your symptoms sound like they could be part of a larger syndrome/disease. Unless you are vegan, you should not naturally have these kinds of deficiencies.
>>
>>18288896
We've looked into it. We've found nothing to cause it.

>>18288889
Eh, I think I would need to do it face to face to really process these things and avoid avoiding them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.