[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I try?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1264320268432.jpg (51KB, 740x250px) Image search: [Google]
1264320268432.jpg
51KB, 740x250px
>1 year LDR
>not a clean break at the end
>"we'll always be friends"
>stay friends for 6 months but drifting apart especially once she meets someone else
>"I'm cutting you and everyone I know out and moving to a different state because my new guys wills it"
>check obits every once in a while because going out of my mind with worry, even close friends don't have news from her, barely speaks to family
>everyone agrees her new guy is a psycho overcompensating for repressed cuck fantasies

I emailed her last year on her birthday and again a Christmas, but she didn't reply. I've held back from calling her. I know I can't "save" her, I know I can't use rational argument to make her see sense.

A year and half has passed, I repressed the hurt as hard as I could until a couple of weeks ago when it got too much and I started getting more and more depressed. I grieved extremely hard for her yesterday and today. I cried more than I ever remember crying before.

Why do I still want to reach out to her after she basically stabbed me and everyone else in the back? How do I stop? Conversely I also feel like I'm the one leaving her behind, doing nothing feels like leaving a wounded friend behind on the battlefield. Don't I owe it to her, to her friends, to her family and to myself to try?
>>
>>18287607
You don't have to owe any of them anything.
Live your life, bro. If you are that in-need of pain, go ahead and try again. Chances are it will be the same mess all over again.
>>
>>18287630
Thanks anon. I try to move on but it sickens me how empowered I was and now I feel so powerless. I feel like I broke her, I feel responsible and I don't know how to make that feeling go away.
>>
>>18287607

don't try to get her back. you've lost someone important. you may want to think you can do something to help her. I mean, you think she needs your help? She has her family.

It is a sad thing to hear and this might not seem sympathetic to the way that you are feeling. What I'm suggesting is that there really isn't anything you're going to be able to do or say to stop the thought of her from entering your mind.

It doesn't last forever. Just try to survive
>>
Had a LDR, was obsessed, but overall I recognize it was bad for my mental health. But we kept with it for nearly 2 years. She tried to end things a million times because of various reasons, but we were obsessed with each other so we always mutually crawled back. Eventually it reached a point where I got tired of crawling back and really just accepted it. She said she doesn't want to talk for a few months now, as she's tried to do before but I never let her. This time, I ignore the very rare message she sends me because I've realized that now that I've finally given myself a chance to let go, my anxiety is gone. I was always trying to help her because I cared about her, but she's self destructive and stupid, and I'm tired of letting her effect my well being. I might never have a meaningful conversation with her again... And I don't really care right now.

You can't force someone to let them save you. People need to make their own mistakes. You're never going to have her back the same way, anon. You're in her past. Put her in your past too.
>>
>>18287708
>She has her family

But she doesn't really, this controlling fuck is doing everything he can to isolate her. That's one of the signs of an abusive relationship and you know it, so I don't see how anyone here can defend it.

It's very difficult to just sit idly by and let that stand.

>It doesn't last forever. Just try to survive
I know. I know when I find someone else the memories will start to fade. But they'll never be gone, and I feel like I'll always carry this guilt inside me.

>>18287770
>You're never going to have her back the same way, anon.
Yea, I've made my peace with that. What corrodes my soul is that this person, this friend of mine, has willingly entered into an abusive relationship. What does that say about me? I left her worse than I found her.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.