[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to be an inventor. Advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: imagesk.png (4KB, 434x111px) Image search: [Google]
imagesk.png
4KB, 434x111px
I want to be an inventor.
Advice?
>>
> Function is the limit of change. (That's a rough translation of your equation into proper English.)

Find a problem, and fix it. People say to start small but I actually recommend setting your mind to big things and then going at something small that's important to you and escalating from there.

Then find an interest and an area of expertise. Currently I'm hella into drones and I've been working on getting together my sketches and software to pitch the idea of a commercial shopping drone concept. You could do much the same. What'd you like OP? Space? Robots? Structural engineering? Sucking cock? Find the area that interests you and become an expert in it. Then revolutionize it.

Mind if you don't become the next Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, your inventions will pretty much live restrained to "As seen on TV!" ads, but that shouldn't stop you. I believe in you anon.
>>
>>18287313
hello, OP here. My desire to be an inventor comes from reading about Tesla. But, to tell the truth the intentions want to design are targeted to be used against extraterrestrial life. I know it sounds silly, but I am very afraid of the future of humanity if we were to be encountered, or encounter an alien race. Thanks for your advice, I will take it to heart!
>>
>>18287349
It's unlikely to be us anytime soon and if an alien race can travel the distance from planet buckfuckville to anywhere near us, they also would have the technology to end us in seconds at worst. So yeah, find a more real problem to fix.
>>
>>18287349

Hello OP, I also wanted to (and succeeded) at being an inventor.

The best way is to study (Masters or PhD) in the field closest to the one you want to invent things in, and then work on research projects in the area. This way, you can understand the state-of-the-art of your field, and gain enough knowledge to do cutting edge work.

If you're worried about not being a good fit, try doing some research projects in undergrad/grad school and see where it takes you
>>
>>18287313
>derivative of a function....
>...change in x as it approaches zero

ftfy
>>
>>18287360
I agree with you to some degree. It does not seem anywhere near that such thing will happen.
Well, I am into energy, and the manipulation of it. So for a closer, and realistic goal: finding ways to deliver and obtain energy more efficiently??
>>
>>18287372
I agree with you, I am currently majoring in physics. To what field are your creations related? if you dont mind me asking.
>>
>>18287297
yeah. start as you mean to go on.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.