[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Partner is way more talented than me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1486862573402.png (593KB, 1280x3098px) Image search: [Google]
1486862573402.png
593KB, 1280x3098px
So my partner is amazing. To the point of it being too much for me.
She does wonders art-wise, has good hands, can navigate; can support others probably better than me despite it being my main thing, etc

Being out-skilled in so many things by her makes me feel so worthless and insecure. I'm afraid to open it up with her because it's a rather new thing and I'm afraid she might leave me if she understands how talentless and insecure I am.

What do?
>>
>>18287165
How long do you know each other? Since you're together at all and she sounds intelligent, she probably is pretty well aware of your faults at they weren't a deal breaker for her. Also you probably overlook some awesome qualities about yourself, and some flaws of hers and just pay more attention to the opposites.

If she's as talented as you say, it can be more of a problem for her, since too few people can match her and finding one who does (aka. you) is tricky. Tons of super talented people had "less awesome" partners, at least from the outside perspective.
>>
>>18287165
She picked you, dummy. It takes two to tango.

If you feel bad,pick something you want to learn and get fuckin good. Or ask her to teach you how to make art in her style.
>>
>>18287165
Why do you think she's with you? You clearly are amazing in some ways, or she wouldn't give you the time of day.
>>
I'm on the opposite end of this. My girlfriend is actually talentless. She works a minimum wage job and I'm at 6 digits.

I've been pushing her to go to college or SOMETHING but she insists she's fine working a shitty job with shitty hours and shitty pay. It pisses me off how little she cares about her future. Or maybe it's pure laziness.

Sex is great though. And we play a lot of video games together and generally have the same tastes in media. She's not stupid, but she's not really smart either.

I've thought about breaking up with her over it but never committed. Maybe I'm just settling. Who knows.
>>
>>18287637
If you are secure and she likes what she's doing, why does it matter what she isn't doing?
>>
>>18287646
Because even though I have money, she struggles to pay her half of rent. I want us to be equals.
>>
>>18287647
>I want us to be equals.
Then you want different things.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.