[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I improve my self-confidence, /adv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: where.jpg (95KB, 1106x620px) Image search: [Google]
where.jpg
95KB, 1106x620px
How do I improve my self-confidence, /adv/?
>>
>>18287097
Go into computer programming.
Telling computers what to do is the first step to tell people what to do. And this power brings confidence.

Source: personal experience.
>>
>>18287116
The catch is if you go in comp sci, you can't get any girls.
>>
>>18287116
Is confidence really just all about telling people what to do?
>>
>>18287097

What's you problem? Are we talking really about confidence or only about picking girls up?
>>
>>18287953
Confidence is a firm belief in yourself as a human being.

I'm trying to figure out how it works for my own sake too... thinking most of it has to do with affirming your own worth in your life, and building an awareness of how you impact the world around you
>>
You need to know yourself and not hide any facts from your subconscious, so to say.
If you are ugly, you need to accept this fact, if you killed kittens as a teenager, you should remember that you did it and accept it, not run from it and so on.
From knowing your truth self you become automatically very confident.
I got there by a lot of reading and introspection during my lonely high school times and also drugs like LSD and mushrooms. Now it feels like I can see through life, so what can scare me? What to be anxious about? I know myself and know something of this world.
>>
File: 71R6N-%2Bs31L.jpg (188KB, 958x1411px) Image search: [Google]
71R6N-%2Bs31L.jpg
188KB, 958x1411px
>>18287097

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v99YFYPCqU8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZmUMRAN-qc
>>
>>18287097
its mostly about:

1.- Telling the truth: Whenever you lie or exagerate things about yourself you are only making it harder for your brain to keep up to what lies you told who, so you waste "processing power", just be honest with yourself and everyone you interact to

2.- Knowing what you want: Whenever you have an objective in your life it really shows, since you dismiss everything that wont be useful to complete that porpuse, there is nothing that gives more respect to anyone than this since most if the people are just looking for porpuse or already know they wont fulfill it and when they find someone with it porpuse they feel aroused/ashamed

3.-Being good at something: Whenever you spend a shitload of time doing something you just become good at it, the mastery acquired gives you a lot of selfsteem since you feel useful to society

4.- Giving always your best no matter what: The result doesnt matter even when you know you will fail, you should always being trying your best (sometimes you can even turn around the tables just by showing up instead of giving up) by doing this not only you show up as a respondable member of society (a shit load of people wont show up) and you will always know you did what you could and what had to be done whatever the outcome leaving no regreets on your path

5.- Do it for fun: if you are going to school / work against your will or well being, just dont go you are hurting yourself, set yourself some personal achievements for tour daily life but never do anything against your own will or just because others do so

Bonus: Donate part of your work/time for a good cause, helps you appreciate what you have and boosts your confidence to know you are doing something good for others
>>
>>18287097
By having things to be proud of. Skills hobbies and accomplishments.

What those are are up to you.

But if you have nothing to show for yourself of course you wont be confident.

Or if you focus all your energy on something you cant do or being someone youre not. Like an ultra charismatic lady killer. Some of us dont got it, but it seems a lot of neets are focused on it.

Thatll also kill your life buzz good.
>>
>>18288248
Another 2 i would add are:

Never put up excuses, always take responsability and quickly admit you are wrong whenever you are

And build your own PERSONAL webpage, this will force you to write a biography, skills, show off projects, write a good CV, social networks, etc, this point will make you acomplish most of the points I just described, and will make you feel important (even if you are not) and overall force you to behave like a respectable human being, example of a website https://vazeri.github.io/indexEN.html
>>
>>18287097
Fake it no matter how hard and uncomfortable it is. Faking eventually leads to actual confidence.

Source: me
>>
>>18288248
What if I have no goals?
>>
>>18288905
what do you actually do? are you a neet?
>>
>>18288911
Done with the finals and I'm currently looking for a job but I live too far away from everything. I have no hobbies or passions really. All I do is browse 4chan.
>>
>>18288916
This might sound retarded, the only way to polish your social skills and gain more confidnece might be to interact with people,

I strongly reccomend you to get a job on sales so you can develop your self-confidence (literally you wont be able to sell shit if you dont have any and if you cant make the costumer trust you)

Make it your hobbie to "upgrade" you selfteem and read How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie, I worked at sales for around 5 years and today i litteraly can do whatever i want with anyone today, probably the best skill that i have adquired

im kind of a sociopath tho
>>
>>18288930
Thanks for you advice anon, I'll try to read this book, saved your reply.
>>
>>18288827
this might fool other fools but it wont last long
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.