[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be close to getting AA degree, going to transfer to uni >look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1404798650002.jpg (23KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
1404798650002.jpg
23KB, 393x391px
>be close to getting AA degree, going to transfer to uni
>look up reviews by students for local universities in florida
>most of the reviews for all the universities I was considering were negative, saying things like X program is terrible, professors hardly care or know their own material, staff is a bunch of assholes, and crime/shootings occur occasionally

How do you decide on a university when they all sound shitty?
>>
>>18287063
I went to UF. It's a great school. You can also do fine at several of the other florida schools. Pick the school that is strongest for the major you like. For example, UF is best in FL for engineering
>>
>>18287141
When did you graduate?
>>
Depending on your field of study, your priorities regarding deciding your university should start with finances (where you're able to afford going to, if it's in a commute-able distance, etc). If you've got that all figured out (you should generally pick the cheapest option which is almost always the closest option), then worry about university quality and all that jazz.
Most Florida universities are similar in that (with the exception of FSU and UF) they're geared towards training their local population for jobs in the workforce, and so they'll share a lot of the same problems (low student-teacher ratio, teacher's assistants teaching courses, etc).
They're all perfectly fine universities, especially FSU and UF, but your number one goal in going to college is to get out of there with as little student debt as possible.
>>
>>18287204
Got my BS and then MS a few years ago. Now I'm working on PhD
>>
>>18287228
I'm transferring out of Daytona State College soon and they keep shilling UCF to me because of them being sister universities. I've read reviews with a lot of students saying the UCF staff was useless and rude. Might you know about them?
>>
Universities are a meme. Get a degree at a college if possible. Infinitely better.
>>
>>18287650
what makes you say that?
>>
>>18287063
90% of reviews for ANYTHING are negative, because only those with bad experiences feel strongly enough to write.
90% of bad reviews of schools and teachers are by failing students, for the same reason
It follows that the occasional good review is probably more significant than all the bad ones, because it is written by someone who did well and may therefore be more intelligent and thoughtful in judgment.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.