[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hard Situation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).png (6KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
6KB, 318x159px
>been working at regal cinemas for two years now
>my first job
>everyone hates or ignores me
>I hear people talk shit about me behind my back that Im awkward and weird
>People are distant from me because they dont want to associate themselves with a freak.
>I overhear my boss will get rid of me the first chance he gets.
>dont understand, I do my job well, is that why Im still here after all this time?
>want to quit, but its my only job after job searching for four years.
>Im pretty miserable, and everyone hates me.

what should I do?
>>
>>18286816
You can go one of two ways, you can quit and do something else, or you can conform at work.

Anyone who says you have to be 100% you 100% of the time is a fuckface. Putting on a normie mask for a shift is what I've been doing at work for literally 20 years. It's none of their fucking business.

I keep my mouth shut, I don't cause any problems, I do exactly what I have to, then I punch the clock and wash the fake me off and do my own shit.

Everywhere I've worked has had shit like this come up because I'm not like my "peers". But I just go there to get a check, not to make friends.
>>
>>18286864
thank you for your divine wisdom, that helps a really fuckton alot.
>>
>>18286816

>what should I do?

Focus on getting a new job and improving your life. Seriously, there are literally a trillion things more important than the opinions of a bunch of adolescent burnouts working at a fucking movie theater.

In my experience, most burnout type occupations foster a really tight pack mentality, meaning that unless you conform with their group and their mannerisms they'll immediately dismiss you because being able to come to work and pick on someone is literally their only escape from feeling like terrible failures. This shit has happened to me at several different jobs simply because I didn't hang out with everyone after work and I didn't show up to company hang outs and shit. I honestly didn't give a shit about my entry level shit-tier job and the people there took that as disrespect and, in a way, it was. They were pissed because I was just breezing through that job on my way to college and they were 18-24 years old working the same shitty job for years wandering aimlessly while doing nothing with their lives.

Even in your next job, don't get caught up in office politics. Its pointless and dumb and its what useless people do to entertain themselves and distract them from the fact that they're shit and their job is shit.
>>
>>18286864
>Anyone who says you have to be 100% you 100% of the time is a fuckface. Putting on a normie mask for a shift is what I've been doing at work for literally 20 years. It's none of their fucking business.
This right here. I ALWAYS encourage people to be themselves and I think that's the best way to go through life. However, a job is where you make money to live. Conform on the outside while staying true to yourself on the inside. Play the part while at the job.
>>
>>18286871
It's what I do. You don't like it, or have a better way, by all means, share it with the class.
>>
>>18286882
you misunderstand, Im saying thank you, it helped a lot
>>
>>18286874
But his boss wants to fire him and he implied that there are no jobs that are hiring currently. What should he do to convince the boss to fuck off?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.