[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Universities in Russia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1434790023422.jpg (103KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1434790023422.jpg
103KB, 640x640px
Hi, guys, mechanical engineering student here, need advice on universities.
In a couple of months I'll be ready with the Bachelor degree and wondered if I could do a Master somewhere in Russia.
My case is not that strange, I live in a post-soviet country and I'm fluent in 4 languages, one of which is Russian (which is as good as my English and German). My biggest opportunity for a Master is something technical related in Germany, probably Industrial Management or something similar, but I don't want to live in Germany right now, somehow can't assimilate that multi-culturalism bullshit which is happening. Austria is also not a bad option, but I find it more difficult to find a job over there and in Switzerland - the place is more than expensive for me now.
So after collecting info from different places I started to think in another direction. I've been three times in Moscow already, made some friends and somehow like the atmosphere, the people I've met were more than friendly, so I guess I'll integrate pretty quickly. I've never met someone who actually went there as a foreigner in order to obtain a degree in something, so the university life is complete unknown for me.
I'm looking for advice from a Russian, who has been in central or western Europe, so he could share some kind of experience. Any advice will be appreciated!
Cheers!
>>
Google knows a shitload more than this board ever did.
>>
Dude you are aware that Russian universities work differently than German? Ive been to both, Russians universities are really shit and not worth, most pass the exam by paying and so on.
Also, no Russian university is in high regards in the West.
>>
MSU
Nothing else is worth it really.
Moscow is damn expensive tho, Austria would be much better for you
>>
>>18286447
You forgot HSE.
>>
>>18286427
Russia may be a lot of things but engineering is something that its excellent in.
>>
>>18286447
I know two guys who went to MAI and the Bauman institute. They say that the stuff we learn in the US is much easier than what they learned. Im a computer engineering student in the US BTW and Im definately gonna work in the microprocessor or military sensor fusion industry in Russia since I dont have the social skills to pass shitty western "smile and be part of the team:))" interviews. Also I failed to convince my professors to give me recomnendations so I have no chance to find a job in the Western empire
>>
>>18286508
You are delusional if you think you will be happy working in Russia. Not even Russians want to work there. Yeah West is shit, I agree, but Russia is not better at all.
>>
>>18286524
A country will always be bad if there is no investment, global propaganda against it and constant brain drain.
>>
>>18286524
Not happy compared to what? Filling out 1000s of job applications before going to my wageslave job living paycheck to paychack while Chad McMoneybags gets his engineering job because he impressed the female HR or has connections all over the place. Sorry, GDP doesnt mean shit to me as long as Im not in danger of getting evicted and can buy enough food to survive while working the job my degree relates to. Also if russian technological companies continue to grow, the wealth there will increase and Ill steadily get a higher salary.
>>
>>18286524
>not even russians
BS argument
The grass is always greener on the other side so of course theyll want to go there.
>>
OP here, thanks for the replies!
Something happened so I couldn't reply for some time.

The Bauman institute was one of my goals, but I really don't know how is it to study there, all I get is either "10/10" or "a shithole".
Money is not a big concern since there is the Russian Cultural Center in my country and they give quite a good check if you manage to get past the tests and they are fairly easy because of the lack of people wanting to go there (I guess it's not a common destination, but then again - there is only one gymnasium which gives proper skills in Russian).
Will I encounter some bent professors on a daily basis over there?
The BШE seems also a good option in terms of management, but it's not the best for my needs.
Back to the costs - if I manage to get one of the scholarships, the fees and the dorm costs are laughably small for Moscow, the prices of cigarettes, food and alcohol are also acceptable , plus I am keen on finding some stupid job for the period, so I'm going to manage to tie both ends.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.