[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medication effects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Nin.jpg (124KB, 468x467px) Image search: [Google]
Nin.jpg
124KB, 468x467px
I'll be taking Zoloft and Lexatin from now on. Still haven't started. What to expect? Will Zoloft make me suicidal or lose appetite?
>>
Bump. This is pretty important for me so I'd like knowing what to be ready for
>>
>>18285954

obviously it varies from person to person

i have been on zoloft (sertraline) for two months now. My doctor started me on a low dose and steadily increased it and now I am on 150mg a day. The main side effects I have are diarrhea, stomach pains, and occasionally sensation that my heart is racing at a million miles per hour (even though the bpm is 75-80).

First few weeks I felt a little bit spaced out, but that has largely gone now. Also, it can give you insomnia (I had it anyway so take sleeping tablets whilst I am recovering from my breakdown).

It has made a huge improvement to my mood, it isn't a miracle drug by any means, so keep at it, even when you feel terrible, and hopefully you will get better soon.

Just as a word of warning, with the diarrhea, make sure you take on plenty of fluids, as you will become dehydrated very fast.
>>
>>18286207
Thank you. What are you taking it for? I told my doctor that I'm having anxiety attacks way too often, that I'm not very motivated and that I have hypochondria and he told me to take those. I didn't tell him I have OCD though, which I've read it's good for. I'd like to mainly fix my anxiety, does it work for that?
>>
>>18286231

I am taking them for severe depression, anxiety and OCD.

I started having panic attacks every couple of weeks which steadily got worse over a 6 month period, when I was having them every day. I have quite a stressful job (which I enjoy) but coupled with insomnia, panic attacks etc, I was so tired of pretending to be normal that I broke down. Planned to kill myself etc.

I feel a lot better than i did though, and it is only two months in. You should tell your doctor about the OCD though - also, listen to your doctor! I didn't and carried on working against her advice and suffered another breakdown about 6 weeks after started taking meds and was diagnosed. Last two weeks I have been off work and it has done me the world of good - relaxing, playing video games, going for walks.

I do appreciate that not everyone is as fortunate as me to have an understanding employer, but if your doctor thinks time off work is best then do that - equally if they think you need to work and keep busy, do that. Just listen to your doctor.

This might sound stupid, but regarding the diarrhea, I bought a two litre jug which I fill twice a day with water and keep in my fridge, means that I know exactly how much I drink and to top up if I haven't had enough.

I hope you make a quick recovery.
>>
>>18286323
Thank you, again, you sound like a genuinely good person.
Currently I'm not working but I'm studying, but I'm planning to, reason is that being in my house doing nothing REALLY fucks up my anxiety, so I really need to be busy. I think the problem isn't not being relaxed, sadly. I don't know how common my problem is.
And I'm seeing my doctor again in 15 days- hopefully I'll be feeling better by then. I'm a bit nervous about starting medication, which I'll do tomorrow.
>>
>>18286335

I think it is really normal and rational to be worried about taking medication - I had convinced myself it was something that other people do and that I didn't need it, and by taking it, it was admitting defeat and letting depression define who I am. It genuinely isn't the case, and I regret not getting help sooner.

My doctor recommended a book to me 'Overcoming Depression: The Curse of the strong' - by Tim Cantopher. It is a very good book, it goes into why certain people are more prone to depression, how to overcome it, the types of medication available etc. It isn't a stupid self-help book (the title is shit), it is a calm, rational, well thought out book. It done me a lot of good reading it. It was very useful in that my girlfriend read it to get an understanding of what i was/am going through - it might be worth considering, once you've read it, giving it someone close to you (i know that is presumptuous, and if you haven't got anyone, i really apologise, not my intention to offend).

>I think the problem isn't not being relaxed, sadly. I don't know how common my problem is.

I was very similar, i didn't want to give up work etc, but you do need an amount of downtime, I regret not doing that earlier as well. Even simple things like watching comfy TV or reading for pleasure, you don't want your brain working too hard.

I was given diazempan to take when I was feeling really bad, and in two weeks i have only felt the need to take it twice. It is comforting knowing it is there, and also satisfying when I feel shit and don't take it. It might be worth mentioning it to your doctor if there is anything you can have when really bad.

do you mind me asking what country you're from?
>>
>>18286357
I'm from Spain- I guess my english gave me away. But it should also be taken into account since our system is different.
Thanks, I'll definitely check that book out if it's online. I also have taken Diazepam in the past, but it had absolutely no effect on me, it was useless. I only felt grumpier if anything.
>>
>>18286400

No, your english is great, if you were from UK i was going to recommend a couple of helplines that are good.

anyway, best of luck anon, you WILL get better, but it takes time.
>>
>>18286412
Haha, thank you for the compliment and for the help. I might take Lexatin in a few minutes. I do hope it gets better, I will try to be patient.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.