[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW DO I LOSE WEIGHT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

I'm 6'2 and currently weigh 280lbs (it fluctuates wildly). As you can see by my picture a lot of the weight is being carried on my face. I don't eat all that terribly and I'd like to think I'm fairly active. /fit/ is full of jealous tellers so I'm not going back there. Any advice would be great. -Lambright
>>
>>18285840
Hello fatass. You lose weigth by being constantly hungry for few months.

And you get hungry by eating less than your tdee preferably combined by adopting some mild sport like walking or swimming.

Now go read
>>>/fit/17018018 sticky, count calories
prepare for hunger and godspeed!

And remember, weigth is about
90% food, 9% sport, 1% genetics.
You literally cant be fat if you dont eat.

And you generally dont want to lose weigth (that is jist side effect), but adopt healtier life style.
>>
>>18285863
Fuck you, dude. I already said /fit/ was useless. Get out of my thread.
>>
it's all about calories

eat small to get small m8

find you TDEE
eat at a manageable deficit
count your calorie intake
>>
>>18285867
Well fit is full of useless memes, steroids and tfw no gf and feeling threads, but the sticky simply doesnt lie.

If you cant even force yourself to read the sticky, you have no hope to lose the fat. Your choice.
>>
>>18285876
>TDEE

Wat?
>>
>>18285840
Jesus, Wayne. What have you done to yourself?
>>
>>18285840
You will not lose weight. You will die fat and ugly. There is no secret to excersize and dieting, it's common fucking sense.
>>
>>18285886
your total daily energy expenditure, I.E. how many calories you burn through your day to day activity.

The safe bet is to assume no activity and shoot closer to your BMR.
>>
>>18285840
Losing weight is very simple op. Like super easy.
Energy in < energy out
Yep. That's it. That's the key to weight loss
>>
>>18285840
Eat a lot more vegetables and fruit, make stir frys. Have lean meats, I. E no breaded chicken, lean chicken instead. Take it easy on the carbs, and get out for a walk every day. A man your weight doing that will notice changes fairly quickly.
>>
>>18285867
you suck dude fuck off
>>
>>18285840
You look frightening!
>>
>>18285840
Eat less, move more, take bronkaid.
>>
>>18286049
What is bronkaid?
>>
Eat less, no sugar and light on the animal fats and work out! No booze either. If you cheat occasionally its ok dont get down on yourself. You need to do cardio...i like circuit training. Drink lots of water.
>>
dont bother with diet stuff or low fat processed foods. Empty calories. They feed you but they dont nurish you. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Good Luck friend
>>
>HOW DO I LOSE WEIGHT?

3 key methods:

Hard mode: intermittent fasting
--Quick start: pick an 8 hour window in the day, don't eat outside of it. Go 16 hours each day without eating.
--Pros: if you actually do this, you WILL lose weight unless you're making strategic choices to pack as many empty calories as possible into your eating window.
--Cons: you won't actually do this.

Medium mode: lift lift lift lift lift
--Quick start: youtube search 'six pack shortcuts' and do whatever the chinaman tells you to do. Use tinyass weights for your tinyass muscles at first.
--Pros: this one fits best into a long-term lifestyle, you just need to not give up on it.
--Cons: you need to drop weight before you get strong; they're not going to happen at the same time. Or you can get strong and stay pudgy for the time being, your call.

Easy mode: calories in calories out
--Quick start: buy a dialing wand for your smartphone and download MyFitnessPal, scan barcodes on all the trash you eat.
--Pros: this one goes directly into hard numbers; if you're honest with the app then the app will be sniper-accurate truthful to you.
--Cons: have fun spending the next 3 years telling your smartphone what and when you eat.
>>
>>18285840
You're an ignorant asshole who deserves to be fat for the rest of your life.

You won't listen to me because as I've already stated, you're an ignorant asshole, but I'll tell you anyway because I'm a nice guy.

GO TO /FIT/ AND READ THE STICKY

It's hands down thr best advice available to you on how to lose weight. Viewing the sticky doesn't require you to look at the threads on /fit/ and if you choose not to follow my advice, again, you're an ignorant asshole who deserves to be fat for the rest of your short life.

/fit/ has a lot to offer someone in your position, but you have to be willing to sift through some bullshit. Don't post there if you're that much of a pussy, just lurk moar faggot.
>>
File: GWLA.png (72KB, 1872x215px) Image search: [Google]
GWLA.png
72KB, 1872x215px
>>18285840
Read pic related. Something I've found recently to add to this is to make lattes and exercise whilst you're steaming the milk (fill mug with milk, pour in pan and heat it on gas mark 4 until its steaming, stir occasionally to circulate heat). Not only do you get a tasty beverage but also improve your level of fitness so long as you keep to one a day.
>>
>>18285867
Die from diabetes fatass
>>
Do keto.
>>
>>18285867
Read the sticky. Calorie count and fucking work out its as simple as that you angry neckbeard cunt.
>>
go to the fucking gym and put down the twinkies
>>
>>18285840
As someone who lost 50 pounds without ever regularly working out, its water. Do not drink anything but water (yes, anything). Drink at least a glass of water between and during meals. And I started from the 235ish range.
>>
>I'd like to think I'm fairly active
>currently weigh 280lbs

Pick one
>>
>>18285840
Hi you can water fast. I've done it before and lost a lot of weight. You can for a long time because you're bigger. I'm a little big too, well chubby and have for about 20 days. It really makes you appreciate food instead eating for no reason/because you're bored.
>>
File: 20170428_190311.jpg (772KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170428_190311.jpg
772KB, 2048x1152px
>>18287251
I go out every day. To the store and cleaning my motorhome. I also take care of the property I live on. I'm not sedentary! Pic related is my dinner. All protein.
>>
>>18287315
Go lowcarb/keto
>>
>>18287321
No carbs in steak, retard.
>>
>>18287358
I fucking know that i didnt say there were. Reread pos
>>
>>18287358
That's obviously not all he's eating
>>
>>18287358
>Implying you eat steaks for breakfast/lunch/dinner
I'm sure your daily Hot Pockets have nothing to do with it, you fat turd.
>>
>>18287368
>>18287371
>>18287373

So much samefag in this thread. Fuck off if you don't want to be helpful, idiot.
>>
I'm an RDN. Don't get overwhelmed, try and keep things simple. Good luck!
>>
Lambright, I told you how to lose weight maybe four months ago. You fat pig.
>>
>>18285840
Just starve
>>
>>18287321

This guy is obese, and can lose weight rapidly without doing a more difficult diet. If he goes full blown keto right off the bat, he's going to fail.
>>
>>18287315

Also one of first symptoms of organ failure is weight gain/loss. Your doctors average check up won't detect that shit until it's too late.
>>
>>18287386
You gave horrible advice. You don't belong on this board and you really shouldn't be posting. Lurk more.
>>
>>18287400
Oh well i went straight to keto for a couple weeks, ate a little carbs then went back he can do carb cycling if he diciplines himself well enough
>>
>>18287412

Personally, I don't like going keto. I also never recommend it to otherwise clients. Carb cycling for actual athletes on the other hand...
>>
>>18287421

otherwise healthy clients*
>>
>>18285867
As someone that dropped 60 pounds in less than a year, kept the weight off and now have good physique, I can tell you that you're going to remain fat exactly because of this attitude.
>>
>>18285840
Youre writing has no aesthetic.
>>
>>18287402
I was going to tell you how I dropped 50 pounds, but you don't deserve it. Have fun dying of renal failure at 55, asshole
>>
>>18287456
You didn't drop 50lbs liar. You idiots are even less helpful than /fit/. Sad!
>>
File: IMG_20170505_075337.jpg (433KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_075337.jpg
433KB, 2048x1536px
This is my dinner from last night. Catfish.
>>
File: IMG_20170505_075243.jpg (372KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_075243.jpg
372KB, 1536x2048px
I also made onion rings.
>>
File: egghead.jpg (25KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
egghead.jpg
25KB, 350x263px
I never got that big, biggest I ever got was 215, but I'm 175 now.

I cut out soda entirely. Soda was adding more than an entire meal's worth of extra calories a day.

I stopped eating at restaurants or else split restaurant meals into two-three servings. In America those meals are an entire day's worth of calories.

I exercised daily. NOT CARDIO. Free weights and push-ups and a pull-up bar (you're gonna want to wait a while on that pull up bar...)

>I don't eat all that terribly
You're at 280 pounds. You eat HORRIFICALLY.
>and I'd like to think I'm fairly active
If this is at all true, and I doubt it, your eating habits would have to be even worse.

Start keeping a running tab in your head of the approx. calories you're taking in. Not a precise count, just a general ballpark. Aim to eat around 500-600 calories per meal, three meals a day, with zero snacking.

Seriously, no fucking snacking. Drink some water if you feel hungry. Let your stomach shrink back to a reasonable size.
>>
>>18286352
otc asthma medication that suppresses appetite.
>>
>>18285840
I was 6'1 360 at one point. I'm now 220 pounds and still losing. Here's what I did:

Find your TDEE. This stands for total daily energy expenditure. at 6'2 280 pounds you need 2700 calories to maintain your body weight. Your goal is to eat 500-1000 calories less than this a day (1 lb and 2 lb loss a week, respectively)
How do you do this? Track what you stuff into your engorged mouth. Sign up for a food tracker. I use My Fitness Pal, but there are others like Lose It! that work as well. MFP is easy to use and the app isnt shit so its easy to track away from home. Literally log every single damn thing you eat. Cheating on your entries is just cheating on yourself. If you go over your allowed limit a day, own up to it, log it, see those damn red numbers and make it up the next day.
Do this every single day, continue to exercise as you say you do (lmao like I believe it, your face looks like you weigh 300+ not 280 but whatever) but do not track it, those are bonus calories that will speed your weight loss.

I did this for two years. It's hard as fuck to resist the temptations, to not fall back into old eating patterns, to change up the foods you eat, but it's brain dead simple if you track everything and stick to it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

You can do it fattie, I did, and you're starting 80 pounds lighter than I did.
>>
just stop eating for a month straight and go run 10 miles. Its as simple as making a decision, unless youre literally retarded
/thread/
>>
Don't bother responding, guys. Really. I told him all the shit from the sticky like six months ago, all he did was tell me to fuck myself and then go about defending rapists.
>>
>>18285840
>I don't eat all that terribly

Uh, yes you do. Eat lean protein and veggies, don't bother exercising. You can walk and lose weight, but it's mostly your calories.
>>
>>18285840
Before you discount my advice,
Only 2 options-eat less or exercise more.

Ask yourself which is easier for you.
If its eating less do it. Cutting shit like soda out be amazed with results.

If it's exercise, just go long and slow. Buy a six month gym membership up-front and make an oath to go every weekend no matter fucking what.

Eliptical and bike are best. Go full 60 minutes, 5 minute cooldown, and leave. Any intensity.

I started out burning 300 calories an hour that way, ended up burning 2000/hr. Obviously thats bullshit but its what machine said. Point is, consistency.

Your body is the result of years and years of behavior. It will take time to change. You don't need to be a guru or /fit/ to improve self. Just eat less, or go to gym more (or both). Recommend gym, once a week, for a few months. Then re-evaluate. quit if you want, change it up. but commit to 3 months and see how much it sucks and if still worth it to you.

If kids and can't, I relate sucks.

But otherwise, you can commit to one day a week for 1 hour. Its 1 hour a week closer to what you want.
>>
>People falling for this shitty troll
>>
>>18285840
John this is bad, come up to my office at 3 tomorrow, we need to talk

-Hoffman
>>
>>18285840
All lot of fat people lose weight by just stopping to drink soda. It the worst think you can drink. If you do, stop it now.
>>
>>18290838
*thing not think
>>
>>18289940
Putting a finger in someone isn't rape you dummy. -Punished Lambright
>>
>>18291319
depends on your jurisdiction, but in many, the phrase is "penetration, however slight" as either rape or definitely sexual assault
>>
>>18285840

Is that Sonoma or Napa, OP?
>>
File: go-be-fat-somewhere-else.jpg (44KB, 562x434px) Image search: [Google]
go-be-fat-somewhere-else.jpg
44KB, 562x434px
>>18287358
Um, you realize that the lighter areas in steak is FAT, right?

Step 1 to losing fat? Don't eat more fat.
>>
>>18285840
>HOW DO I LOSE WEIGHT?
Ensure that your calorific intake - your TDEE = lower than your BMR

>As you can see by my picture a lot of the weight is being carried on my face
Because the only picture we have is of your face above your chin(s), I weigh in at 190lbs and look nothing like you, I doubt your face is carrying an extra 90lbs compared to me.

>I don't eat all that terribly and I'd like to think I'm fairly active
You're chatting shit.
You are either eating really unhealthy food, or eating too much.
I'd also like to know what constitutes being "fairly active"

How to help us help you:
>Give us a full body picture
>Tell us how often you exercise, what you do, for how long and how intense you exercise
>Tell us what you eat in a week
>>
>>18291345
Fat introduces a feeling of satiation, it's not a boogieman that magics its way into your reserves just because you put it in your mouth.

1) sugar is far worse, and is insidious

2) as an example of satiation, stidies have it that people drink more calories' in low-fat milk to hit satiation than regular milk.

Fat can be a friend.
>>
>>18291329
I'm not talking about the law. I'm talking about common sense which most of you guys severely lack. Putting your finger inside someone who is asleep is far from rape.
>>
>>18291420
Yup. I can eat a smallish steak and feel full, but it would take more in terms of caloric intake to feel full from Chinese food. OP, just stick to meat, veggies, nuts and fruits. Avoid sugar and drink lots of water.
>>
>>18291468
What the hell are you on about? What does this have to do w/ weight loss?
>>
File: bacon.jpg (46KB, 540x392px) Image search: [Google]
bacon.jpg
46KB, 540x392px
>>18291420
> Fat introduces a feeling of satiation, it's not a boogieman
You keep telling yourself that, fatty.

> sugar is far worse
Why do you think it's an either/or thing?

> stidies have it that people drink more calories' in low-fat milk to hit satiation
Studies also have it that if you don't stuff your face until your beltline is bursting, that you'll stand a much better chance of losing weight.

Try a salad once in a while, porky.
>>
>>18291556
Far from a fatty, chum.
Just a guy who never buys into the horseshit dieticians come up with wrt eating styles that saw us good for millenia. "Butter is bad" oh wait they were wrong. "Cholesterol magics its way into the arteries from the stomach" hah "fat is *so scary*" further lol.
Calories and satiation, mes ami, and not ending up a fat fucker is trivial.

Sugar, though, is something new. We don't have an innate defense against over indulging.
>>
>>18291577
This guy gets it.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.