[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cashier Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: McDonalds Cashier.jpg (339KB, 990x618px) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds Cashier.jpg
339KB, 990x618px
What are are good tips for a cashier on dealing with various types of customers in a fast food restaurant?

-shy ones
-rude ones
-ones that take a long time to order
-ones that make a big order with various adjustments
-ones that are too talkative
-ones that don't speak English

and any other type of customer that make require a bit more effort in pleasing
>>
>>18285781
Do what comes naturally to you. It's enough and you can do better next time.
>>
>>18285781
>-shy ones
>-ones that are too talkative
Given them time. Maybe even suggest shit yourself.

>-rude ones
Smile away.

>-ones that take a long time to order
Friendly reminder.

>-ones that make a big order with various adjustments
Deal with it.

>-ones that don't speak English
Pictures are your friend.
>>
>-shy ones
"Do you need more time?" (gesturing towards out of the line if there's a line)

>-rude ones
This is just called thick skin training. Down the road, you'll be better off for having done it. Try not to work shitty frontline jobs the rest of your life.

>-ones that take a long time to order
See: 'shy ones'

>-ones that make a big order with various adjustments
This is the bane of every restaurant manager/owner's existence; it's more unpleasant than the dream where Jon Taffer and Gordon Ramsay both walk into your place at the same time. Part of the reason technology is being pushed so hard is so that it can FINALLY be the customer's own fault when they order and confirm one thing then scream bloody murder because the waitress didn't bring them something completely different. McKiosks are actually your friend here, just don't be the laziest employee if you don't want to get replaced by them.

>-ones that are too talkative
In a fast food restaurant? If there's a line, then the folks further back can handle that for you. If there's not a line, see 'rude ones.'

>-ones that don't speak English
That's a problem for your manager to solve; if the manager says its for you to solve then start sending your applications out because bad leadership seldom ends well. The essence of leadership is found in tackling the challenge yourself, rather than blaming your subordinates for failing to do it in your place.
>>
>>18285907
>That's a problem for your manager to solve

Further expansion on this from same poster:

If your place were already set up for foreign language customers, then you (as a cashier) would not be bringing this issue to light.

You can try asking the dude in charge to make adjustments, after he blows a fuse and makes threats at you then you will know it's time to start looking for other work elsewhere.

If it's a big name burger joint, then the manager is probably borderline retarded. Below-average managers work at Denny's and the genuinely good ones are running their own small brands.
>>
File: spock.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
spock.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>18285896
> Maybe even suggest shit yourself.
I'm sorry, but if a cashier told me to go shit myself, I'd ask for the manager
>>
>>18285918
You've never heard the tortured souls at fast food places ask you if you want the thing their employer is trying to unload? You must be a healthy eater then, keep up the good work.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.