[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which should I take?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1493826447012.png (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1493826447012.png
7KB, 205x246px
I got two offers from two different cites,
one is in a really fancy first tier city in my country and is a big company, salary is kind of good for my age
Other one is in Paris(Which I've always wanted to go), but salary is much lower and company is not as good as the other one, but I think is good for my future career and an opportunity that I can work and stay in Europe ... I really dont know which one is better for me
>>
Paris is an expensive shithole, don't fucking go there.
>>
>>18285517
This.
But only to the extent you can't get your shit together to organise shared accommodation (because the French don't house share as a rule) with someone cool. Otherwise it's doable, but if the salary's lower, you'll be on the breadline.

Weigh the pros and cons very carefully: check out the professional details thoroughly and do up cost of living analysis too.

don't just go on a whim.
>>
>>18285528
My parents told me they can help me with money if I become really poor, but they dont really like me go to Paris
>>
>>18285553
And I more care about after that contract is easier for me find other job in europe and looking good in my resume
>>
>>18285577
if the Paris job is better for your career going forward, I'd do the Paris job for the couple years or so it'll last if it will make your way forward that much better. You sound like a pretty young person so you have the time and resilience to tough it out.
>>
"I wouldn't go to France"
>>
>>18285607
Yea Im 22 I guess is pretty young
The thing is..I dont really sure it will help my career but I think the odds are bigger than the first one
>>
>>18285553
what country are you from, OP?
As I say, you will have to do the maths as well as carefully consider your career options.
>>
>>18285501
Isn't Paris going to shit rn though?
>>
>>18285644
yes it is. but maybe that conversation belongs on /pol/
>>
>>18285640
Argentina
Yea I know but I still dont know what to choose
>>
>>18285644
I know but I think it will help me work in europe, thats most important to me
>>
My brother got a very good job in Paris a few years ago, great starting salary, great benefits, but demanding work. He found a place to live near his work, near a metro station just outside the ring road (peripherique) and lived there by himself for like 6 months until he figured it was much cheaper to live together with his friend. but it's not easy to find suitable accommodation quickly! living in Paris is the romantic dream, but it's not so romantic when you've no free time or money to do anything. don't be some dumb migrant, they have enough of those there.

the other job sounds much better, in terms of career , experience plus money. once you save enough and get experience, maybe you can go to Europe and do something more easily then.

also if you don't speak very good French you will have a hard time, just be warned.
>>
>>18285670
accommodation wont be a problem now, one of my friends just told me he gonna stay there for months and he's already there like two weeks, is enough for me find a new place..
what Im afraid is I dont when is next time I have the chance to gain some international experience
>>
>>18285713
ok i see, well that's good news as it might take a week or 2 to find a place.
what kind of industry are you in?
>>
>>18285727
Hotel, international experience is kinda important in this industry
>>
>>18285740
yes, that's true. how long is the contract? 1 year?
>>
>>18285742
Yea, 1 year.
And about language, I have a Japanese who doesnt really speak Spanish but she is doing well so I think I can make a living there
>>
well, 1 year will pass quickly. if you do take it, just make sure to be very polite to the other place when you decline - make sure you explain your desire to get international experience etc etc so they know know you are a serious candidate.
because who knows, you may end up back there looking for work and it's best to leave a good impression.
>>
>>18285786
Yea you're totally right..Okay I think I will take the second offer
You're really helpful, thanks!
>>
>>18285832
Woah, young anon. Do the maths first and make sure it will be OK. even if your parents will help, you should first know how to calculate your expenses and make a budget.

where in Paris is the hotel, by the way? arrondissement or street.
>>
>>18285501
>unironiclly wanting to live in a non white city like Paris
Kek
>>
>>18285858
more of an "international" than just French experience then.
>>
>>18285866
Nvm just read you're from Argentina
You'll fit right in, in Paris ;^)
>>
>>18285849
Will I think 3500 EUR should be enough?

Le Bristol Paris is the name
>>
>>18285870
i'm not the OP mate and I'm not argentinian either.
>>
>>18285875
for what, OP? one month? one year?
you have to do this yourself, you know. you're a big boy now. you can easily find cost of living for cities online. will you have a salary or is it unpaid? think about all this. of course rent will be the big expense. but also transport if you don't live near your hotel. (it's in an expensive area) are meals provided at the hotel? what about air fare?
get your pen and paper and calculator out and make notes!
>>
>>18285501
I hear Frexit is just an election away. I would check out the political situation there as well.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.