[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well Fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: stahp.jpg (10KB, 268x291px) Image search: [Google]
stahp.jpg
10KB, 268x291px
Greetings Anons,

I just finished up my freshman year at College, and I just got blind sided hard. I thought I was doing well in all of my courses, but somehow my grade in English dropped from a B to an F out of nowhere, and I don't know what happened. If this is legit, and not a mess up how do I deal with the massive stress this puts me in. I know I can come back, and still keep my HOPE Scholarship for now, but what are some good ways with dealing with the immense anxiety attacks I keep having?
>>
>>18285163
Contact your prof. Email them or drop by their office. Ask what's up.
>>
>>18285163
You don't just suddenly drop a grade that sharp. What did you do?
>>
>>18285185
We had a big packet due by the end of the semester. It had a bunch of assignments that we were to turn in later. I turned them in, and believe the Assignments were done correctly, and somehow I dropped to an F between midterm and now, or at least that's what my current grade is rn.
>>
>>18285163
English teacher here

The single hardest grade to get in freshman English is an F, simply because if you do all the assignments you are bound to learn enough to squeak by.

There are really only two ways to get an F - not do all the work, or get caught plagiarizing.

Chances are that the teacher didn't get your packet. If you can prove you submitted it, he/she will probably give you another chance and change the grade accordingly.
>>
Talk to the prof, it might have been a mistake and can be changed. If not he can at least explain what went wrong and you can learn from your mistakes.
>>
>>18285522
I honestly cannot imagine what the plagiarism-detection industry's coders need to do, in order to avoid generating millions of false positives based on the fact that the student really just doesn't have anything original to say or an original topic to write about.

Just make sure you're not failing students without double checking an automated test result. I say this because I'm fanatical about automation and I know that automating judgment of humans is even less perfect than the typical public school teacher.
>>
>>18285807
Teacher here again.

I have never used any plagiarism detector. The cases I've found all fell into one of these categories

1. A stupid error in the copying, like one that gave away the date of the original, or an American student using British spelling, or the like.
2. A turn of phrase that the student doesn't realize is unique to a specific scholar or school of thought.
3. I actually recognized the source (Chances are that any teacher will be well-read in the field he/she teaches)
4. "No student ever wrote this". There is a jargon, an argument style, a way of expression that only experienced practitioners in a field pick up over time, and that even the most brilliant student wouldn't use.

All these are just the triggers of suspicion, sending me to the library - or often just to my own bookshelves, since another sign of plagiarism is that they always use the most obvious and easy to find sources.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.