[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression and anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 181x279px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 181x279px
Hey anons,

First time making a thread on this board, although I've posted on many of them in the past. So I'm 25 years old and for basically all of my teenage/adult life I've suffered with depression. It comes and goes, can last for months at a time. I've been to the doctor many times and been on a bunch of different SSRI medications, none of which helped me, and some of which gave me pretty bad side effects. Doctor never followed up with me on any of them, so it fell on me to just go back to him after a few months of the medicine not working, at which point he'd just prescribe me something else.

Anyway, in the last year I've developed pretty severe anxiety as well. Just another joyous little mental ailment bestowed upon me for my enjoyment I guess. Some days it's so bad I can't leave the house at all. I'm engaged and she's super supportive of me, but in the end there's not much she can obviously do to help - and as time goes on I'm just feeling bad for putting her through my nonsense. I've done therapy before too, with no success.

Not sure what I'm even asking to be honest, except I guess, has anybody gone through a similar story? And if so, what helped? If anything did.

Pic not related obviously.
>>
File: 1490617993173.gif (2MB, 444x287px) Image search: [Google]
1490617993173.gif
2MB, 444x287px
>>18285145
sure I've been depressed and fought my way out of it. The thing that helped me the most was finding a physically demanding hobby where I can disconnect my brain. It's meditation for me and my depression that lasted 3 years got BTFO after like half a year of consistent effort.

Maybe you're getting anxiety because you're on the way to completely fucking up your life and handing all the power over your life over to a woman? Don't marry anyone ever you pleb
>>
>>18285145

i was diagnosed with severe depression, anxiety and OCD 2 months ago - having gone through my life fine, basically had a breakdown 6 months ago, and tried carrying on as normal.

i have been on 150mg of sertraline, and it does help. I also have diazempan for when i feel particularly bad, and i take some heavy duty sleeping tablets each night to sleep.

I know you said that medication hasn't worked for you. I read Overcoming Depression: The Curse of the Strong by Tim Cantopher - and found it really useful in helping me to rationalise my depression.

I would recommend it, but i do appreciate that my depression is a short term thing, whereas it is something that you have suffered with for a long time.

If you want to chat or whatever, i will keep checking the thread
>>
>>18285168

Thanks for the advice, I'm glad you managed to get over your depression. I wouldn't say I've handed any power over, its a loving relationship and although we're engaged neither of us have ANY plans of marriage for a hell of a long time.
>>
have you tried any kind of therapy, OP? CBT or NLP may be effective. I found the Mindful Way Through Depression audiobook + book + CD very helpful too. get well soon!
>>
>>18285193
alright, good luck friend.
>>
>>18285190

I've been on Lexapro,citalopram,ciprager,prozac and zoloft without any real help. I never tried reading any books on it before, only online stories and such. I'll look up The Curse of the Strong, thanks a lot for the reply,appreciate it.
>>
>>18285201

I never had any of those, I saw a therapist for a number of weeks but we basically just talked about bad feelings and being mindful. It helped a little at the time, but it was quick to disappear. I'll check out that audiobook,thanks a lot.
>>
>>18285145
Visit an actual psychiatrist
tell them to put you on a sertraline(or trintellix if you can afford it) + nortriptyline combination 50mg each once a day.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.