[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I’ll try to be brief. A few years ago my widowed grandfather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
13KB, 259x194px
I’ll try to be brief.

A few years ago my widowed grandfather married a woman from the church he attended. Her daughter recently told them that she was diagnosed with stage four cancer, specifically in the lymph nodes, throat, behind the lungs, and breast, and gave her six months to live if she did not get treatment. This would obviously require extensive treatment, and my grandfather conveniently has plenty of money to cover expenses.

We were originally told that she was going to have surgery followed by a double dose of chemo every day for two weeks. Later on they said that there were two delays in the chemo treatment - The first time ecause the doctor did not sign the correct authorization, and the second time because they neglected to order the chemo medication materials. Now I was recently told that they delayed the treatment because they wanted her to heal from the surgery. They requested that my grandfather pay for treatment that was out of their insurance network to the tune of $175,000.

She had surgery two weeks ago to remove some of the tumors. Yesterday, she had a double dose of chemo. In the same day. The doctors now say that most of the cancer cells are killed and that she will only will require chemo once every three weeks.

Is this possible? Otherwise, how can I can convince my grandfather that he is being screwed over?
>>
Who gets to touch the money? I hope not the woman lol
>>
>>18284444

We think that he would write the daughter a check and she would "pay" the hospital.
>>
>>18284452
Shit. Tell him to see the money or if its gone see the receipts of payment.
>>
>>18284460

I'm going to follow up with him to see if he wrote a check yet. Hopefully it's not too late.

Does her story sound realistic or do you think she's pulling a quick cash grab? I would love to orchestrate a way to make him realize what's going on.
>>
>>18284474
Tell the grandfather to get the bills and check they are valid. I think its bullshit.
>>
>>18284439
It does sound about right. Stage 4 hodgkins lymphatic cancer still has a 5 year survival rate of 65%.

The problem with stage 4 lymphoma is it comes back. The repeated chemo is to keep it under control.

This doesnt mean he isnt getting fucked though. Its still possible
>>
>>18284490
>>18284480

Thanks for responding. Sincerely appreciate the help.
>>
>>18284490

But wouldn't you need more treatments of chemo now? It doesn't seem like one day of treatment is enough.
>>
>>18284501
I don't know, im not a doctor ive just read a lot about cancer n stuff for reasons.

My basic understanding if your grandfather is being told the truth is the doctors probably think its pretty well under control but not gone. So a regular treatment would slow/stop it coming back.

Also chemo fucking sucks. It destroys quality of life. So i wouldnt imagine theyd want to blast her too much constantly while she has some shred of health.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.