[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to get bf to college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0280.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0280.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
basically, i'm going to college for business away from home this august. ill be starting my sophomore year since i took my freshman year classes in high school. i love my boyfriend a lot and he's really bright, but he isn't going to college/doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. i'm not shallow and i do want to stay with him but i really really want him to go to college. not even just for me, but for him to have a better future in general. all his 20+ year old siblings live with him and i want to see him make something of himself. what do i say to him without coming off as a dick?
>>
Can he afford college? Not just in terms of having the money, or having family support, but can his family afford to support him through going to college without hurting their standard of living?

If the answer is no, it may not be that he doesn't want to go to college, but rather that he doesn't want to burden his family who would totally support him, so he lies and says he doesn't want to go to college as a rationalization technique.
>>
>>18284206
This was my first thought too

There's plenty of other options nowadays for people not yakking the college route to still make lots of money and be successful. Ie learning a trade or something like that

College isn't for everyone. I was an all A student who breezed through high school above all my classmates without doing any studying or anything like that. Only reason I'm going to college is because of scholarships i go free. Otherwise honestly i wouldn't, it just feels like a big waste of time

How bright is he? College is really slow pace for me so he could feel like it'll hinder him like it does me
>>
>>18284206
the local colleges in my town are about 3k/year which isn't awful... he works so i'm guessing he could pay for it if he worked hard and saved but i mean who knows i just want him to be independent... i don't want him living with 4+ siblings forever
>>
>>18284235
why don't u just dump him already, we know you want to no need to beat around the bush.
>>
>>18284235
Not the anon you responded to but you said you're moving for college
Dorm or apartment?

If apartment:
If you don't want him living with his siblings why not suggest he come with you and find a job there. He doesn't have to go to college to be successful
>>
I rushed into college cause everyone was going and got a shitty degree working a shitty job, let him take his time to decide what he wants, stop rushing him.

I know people who went to college in their late 20's and they are happy and successful and doing what they enjoy, unlike me.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.