[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heard my roommate rape his gf.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 14

File: movie-scene1.jpg (57KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
movie-scene1.jpg
57KB, 1280x536px
My roommate's been dating this girl for as long as I've known him and they always seem happy and in love. I think I heard them get in a fight once but mostly they never have tension. I've always liked my roommate. Everyone does. He's all around a friendly guy with lots of friends. I would say he's become one of my best friends over the years. His gf is extremely quiet but also incredibly nice, polite. She comes off as very pure.

A few nights ago I went to use his bathroom when I saw her passed out on the floor having like a seizure or some shit. Like she had vomited and was convulsing. So I told her bf, and he started panicking. Then he closed the door.

I heard some noises that sounded like he was having sex, but I just assumed she had come out of whatever it was or maybe I was just hearing shit.

A few minutes later I hear her yelling, "WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK." Then she starts sobbing. Then she yells, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME." Then I hear the word rape come out, and I immediately turn up the TV volume really loudly. I just panicked.

The door shakes several times, and once I see it crack open then immediately slammed shut. Idk why I didn't get up and do something I think I was just so shocked at what was going on. I didn't want to believe it. I never imagined these two in this situation. I thought about leaving but I was afraid something worse might happen, so I just went to my room and slammed the door really hard. I went between listening to her crying to make sure she was still alright and hiding my head in my pillow.

Later on in the evening I heard them in the living area. She still sounded extremely upset, she was begging to leave. She kept saying, "I swear I won't tell anyone. I just want to go home." Then I heard something crash and footsteps running. Then he was running out after.

He came back in a few minutes later. He starts cussing. Later on I hear them on the phone, and I pass out.(1/2)
>>
Come forward, tell her you got her back.

Cut ties with this rapist shitbird. Even if she doesn't want to come forward herself.

Be a fucking man that can live with himself and not someone who always remembers this night and calls himself a piece of shit wishing he could of done something.

If you don't, if you think you're any kind of decent, It will become something that will follow you for the rest of your life and be something you always regret.
>>
Now I guess this is the weird shit.

I was hoping it was just a misunderstanding, and I was hoping that I could just pretend it never happened. After that I figured I would never see her again. Whatever happened, it would just get to fade to the back of my mind. I mean, I was hoping for that. I knew there was one scenario where it was all legit and I would have to testify against my friend or some shit.

But she was there the next morning. She looked pretty bad like her whole face was swollen from crying. I kinda checked her over as she was grabbing something from the fridge. Just to see if it looked like he beat her or something. Didn't seem like it.

She is usually really nice. Asks how I'm doing. May she'll even sit down and hang out with me some. She didn't even acknowledge I was there.

And it's pretty much been the same since. She comes in with him looking happy and stuff, but she sees me and she actually will look down at the ground and bolt to his bedroom without a word.

I've been acting casual with my roommate. Haven't said anything. I have no idea how to act towards her, though. If she wants to stay with the guy who raped her while she was having a seizure, that's none of my business.

I'm wondering if I should plan on moving out though. Like what are the odds I get in the middle of this? Overall I still like the dude as a roommate. Idk if this will happen again, though. That would suck. Just sorta unsure of what to do next. (2/2)
>>
>>18284196
>Come forward, tell her you got her back.
I'm not as close to her. I would if she asked me for help, but she just ignores me.
>>
>>18284198
>If she wants to stay with the guy who raped her that's none of my business.

You stupid fucking shithead, I'm so angry reading this. You have every opportunity to help this girl, and you're literally sitting here deceiving yourself with these excuses. All because you don't want to testify and ruin your precious friendship. I wish there was a stronger way to say KYS.
>>
>>18284180
I had a roommate sophomore year of college. Didn't say more than probably 200 works to the guy the whole time we lived together. Had his gf over all the time and they would fight at least once a week. Anyway, my other roommate who had his room next to theirs told me he almost called the cops one night because it sounded like this dude was beating the shit out of his gf. I just assumed they were having rough sex plus i didn't care because she annoyed me. He could have raped her or she could have been freaking the fuck out saying all that weird shit because she was emotional. If this stuff keeps happening then talk to your roommate or her. She probably is embarrassed that you saw her like that which is why she seems to be avoiding you.
>>
>>18284215
>You have every opportunity to help this girl, and you're literally sitting here deceiving yourself with these excuses.

There are resources available to her. Like I said she's been with him a long time, so I'm sure it's not that easy to just leave him. If she wanted help though she could have gone to the hospital and had a rape kit done.

Instead she comes back and stays the night with him?
>>
>my roommate is a violent rapist but idk i still wanna be friends

lmao what the fuck is wrong with you the only reason you even know this fucker is because you were randomly assigned to live with him and you're considering moving out anyway who the fuck cares if you have to testify against him? another human being is suffering here

how can you even sleep at night with this going on every day?
>>
>>18284222
>"I swear I won't tell anyone. I just want to go home."
who knows what kind of coercion is going on here just because she is back doesn't mean everything is okay or it's totally by her own free will. you even said she is behaving totally differently now. everything is obviously not okay.

you took the time to make this thread. you know what the right thing to do is, stop making excuses and just be done with it.

reach out to her in a moment where your roommate isn't around, slip her a note, something, it doesn't even take a lot of effort.
>>
>>18284222
Shut up, shut the fuck up. This is about you, my god I wish I could see you in person. For all you know she's blackmailed, it's YOU'RE responsibility, as a witness to report this to the police. My god, the longer you sit on your spineless ass the more furious I get.
>>
>>18284222
>>18284230
cont'd Hey well at least you'll still have your cool bro, right?
>>
Yea OP let her know she can text you and you got her back if needed.
>>
>>18284230
Hey I don't know if this crime really happened but I'm going to potentially ruin this guy's life and report it to the police. Dumbass.
>>
>>18284223
>my roommate is a violent rapist but idk i still wanna be friends
>my boyfriend violently raped me but idk i still wanna date

You tell me how this isn't a really confusing and awkward position to be in. If she's feeling like she can date him still, there must be more that I don't know about or something

Look it's none of my business ultimately. I just don't want to be caught up in it. I think it's a little unfair of them to involve me. If she even thought about that I almost feel like she wouldn't show up at our place anymore.
>>
>>18284237
Hey, maybe you'll magically figure it out on your own! Grow up
>>
>>18284237
No just tell the girl you got her back if there's trouble. Tell in person so there's nothing for her to show the guy, if she goes mental.
>>
>>18284180
she probably loved it
>>
>>18284240
Lol you are so naive. You have no idea what this guy actually did. It could have just been a huge argument. OP didn't talk to his roommate nor the girl so this is all conjecture on his part. To go to the authorities and get this put against his roommate when he has no idea is irresponsible. You're the type of idiot that freaks out whenever a girl cries rape without needing to see any evidence. Louts like you ruin lives by skipping the process of proving anything or gathering evidence. I think it is you that needs to grow up.
>>
>>18284246
>A few minutes later I hear her yelling, "WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK
>Then she yells, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME." Then I hear the word rape come out

You sound like one of those frat tools that thinks it's an excuse if she blacked out.
>>
>>18284242
>if she goes mental

I don't think she will. She seems really sensible. I've never seen her do anything like this before or like... act in a way that seemed like she was trying to get attention. I guess I'm saying she doesn't seem like the type to cry rape and hold it over someone's head. She also doesn't seem like the type to throw another person under the bus.

It's a little disappointing that she would still show up around here after that and idk what to make of that part of it.

If I get a moment, I'll say something though. Maybe a note's not the best just because what if he sees it some other way idk. He's a pretty big dude.
>>
>>18284246
>>18284250
cont'd, Not to mention, she has every option back out of the report.
>>
>>18284250
Lol I sincerely hope you're a woman because no man can be this retarded. I'll try to break this down so the hamster that powers your brain doesn't get worn out.

OP has no idea what happened
He heard her freaking out and the word rape

Thats all we definitively know. Before OP calls the police, if this really bothers him, he should talk to the girl and her boyfriend. Rape charges can fuck up a man's life. If he did rape her he should face consequences but today people always side with the girl in rape cases even without substantial evidence. Before he makes that huge step he should proceed with caution.
>>
>>18284246

Yah that's why I'm not trying to get involved. I'm very sure of what I heard, but who knows what could have happened behind the door.

It's up to her to report it. Maybe she doesn't want anyone to know either. Maybe she's protecting him.
>>
>>18284257
>He's a pretty big dude.
For you.

Im just saying dont leave a text or a message because it could turn against you. Fuck, just say anytime theres trouble she can text you.
>>
>>18284260
I am a man, lol and you obviously are as well. You fucking idiot, do I have to say again? She can call off charges.
>>
>>18284263
Just leave it alone OP. Not enough evidence to actually suspect her of being raped. Like I said my old roommate had some nasty arguments with his gf that made it seems like he was just beating the living shit out of her. Then the next day she was without a scratch and cuddling with him. If this keeps happening and escalates then confront him or ask her if she needs help. Besides that it isn't your problemo and I think you're doing the right thing by just keeping to yourself.
>>
>>18284268
You are what is wrong with men currently.
>>
>>18284274
He can and should tell her hes there if she ever needs help
>>
>>18284274
Plus some girls would probably forgive their bf's for raping them. Idk why that's my business to tell them they can't.

It's her freedom.
>>
>>18284238
>You tell me how this isn't a really confusing and awkward position to be in.
Because you know she was raped?

Where the fuck is the confusion?

And how do you know she "wants to date" and isn't trapped with an abuser or he threatened retaliation if she told anyone or whatever the fuck other scenario could be going on right now?

How about this faggot: instead of fucking WHINING on 4chan go whine to the POLICE and save everyone a lot of time and frustration trying to talk sense into your thick fucking head
>>
>>18284279
Yes that is an opinion, very good. Ice cream tastes good.
>>
>>18284279
>Idk what to say
All men are feminist cucks, right? Yeah!
>>
>>18284287
>instead of fucking WHINING on 4chan go whine to the POLICE

Look...

I came here to find out if this could get me in trouble somehow. And if people thought I should move out or not. So you're not even offering me relevant advice.

Otherwise I'm considering living with him again next year, but idk if this stuff is gonna happen again I really need to know if it's going to interfere with my life.
>>
>>18284215
>>18284230
Calm your tits, you fucking moron.
>>
>>18284294
OP is a cuck look at the psychological torment he's in just because he's too much of a spineless pussy to report and open-and-shut obvious crime that happened in his own residence
>>
>>18284301
No see, that's whats wrong with men these days.
They don't know when to turn up the TV volume and look away.
>>
>>18284297
>Just sorta unsure of what to do next.

I'm telling you what to do next. It's relevant advice related to your question.

Sorry it's not the validation you were actually looking for. Retard.
>>
You are a spineless piece of dense shit, OP.
>>
This thread reminds me of the time I heard someone next door screaming "HELP HELP I AM BEING RAPED" but because I didn't see it and there was no evidence besides her acting completely different, almost as though she went through a traumatic experience and is trying to pretend it didn't happen, I didn't do anything. I would have said something, however, if there was irrefutable video evidence and multiple eye witnesses to this crime which usually only happens when people aren't looking.
Since the only evidence I had was her screaming that she was being raped, I couldn't tell what happened. So I made a thread on 4chan making it absolutely clear that I know that she's been raped but just don't want to do anything about it.
>>
>>18284297
>Otherwise I'm considering living with him again next year, but idk if this stuff is gonna happen again I really need to know if it's going to interfere with my life.
Ok so ask him if he plans to keep raping his gfs in the future because you find it to be a real drag. It's the only way you'll get the answer you're looking for.

do you even realize how fucking stupid you sound?
>>
>>18284297
Do this OP, just talk with him about it. Seems like you guys are cool so it won't be a huge deal.

"Hey, I like living with you and wanted to do it again next year. I just hate those crazy arguments that couples have so I try to avoid it. That kind of stuff doesn't happen frequently with you and your gf does it?"

Legally speaking I don't think you can get in trouble. "Generally, a party does not have a duty to protect an individual from the acts of a third party".
>>
>>18284310
Horrible logical fallacy. Work on your logic before you discredit your argument again.
>>
OP, you are a shit head.

Do you know anything about trauma and abuse? Do you think it's really that easy to leave an abusive partner and that there are no uncertainties involved at all? Are you naive enough to think that if somebody doesn't immediately leave an abusive partner, that means it couldn't possibly be that bad and they must be comfortable and content?

She's probably scared and confuses and feels like she doesn't have anybody to turn to.

All you have to do is fucking walk up to her and talk to her and let her know that you will listen to her if she feels like telling you anything and will support her. That's literally it. But your excuse for not doing this is "well, I'm friends with the probable rapist, and I dunno me and the probable rape victim are just kinda casual acquaintances." You think you have to be BFFs with a person in order to not ignore something that is very likely abuse?

See, this is what people mean about rape not being taken seriously enough. When people hear the term "rape culture," it immediately puts them on the defensive, because to them, it sounds like an accusation that mainstream society is literally pro-rape. And they think to themselves, "that's preposterous, nobody is pro-rape, everybody agrees it's bad! How can rape culture be a thing?"

Yes, everybody agrees rape is bad, and that rapists should be punished. In he abstract. Like, the rapist who jumps out of the bushes to attack a stranger on a jog.

But when the rapist is a good student... "should we really ruin his life over this?" If he's a father, "couldn't bringing this to light tear apart the family?" If he's a business man, "well, I think these victims are just trying to get some money."

Nobody is pro-rape, nobody thinks anybody is pro-rape, but when you add in the complexities of life to the simplistic form of it, people start to make the sort of rationalizations you do about rape.
>>
>>18284316
Yeah those weird ass arguments you keep having. Your girlfriend keeps shouting "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME", but I can't quite put my finger on it. Hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>18284310
>"HELP HELP I AM BEING RAPED"
She didn't say that?

>>18284312
>do you even realize how fucking stupid you sound?
He's a rlly good roommate dude.

>>18284316
>"Hey, I like living with you and wanted to do it again next year. I just hate those crazy arguments that couples have so I try to avoid it. That kind of stuff doesn't happen frequently with you and your gf does it?"

Actual good idea. Thanks.
>>
>>18284329
I think this is more about OP being a coward than anything else desu
>>
>>18284332
>He's a rlly good roommate dude.
>But I want to move out, do you guys think i should move out because of my roommate?

do you even realize how fucking stupid you sound?
>>
>>18284329
Nobody is rationalizing anything you sperg. There is just no evidence, as stated this is all conjecture.
>>18284331
Lol that could have been provoked by a number of reasons.
>>
>>18284329
>Inb4 EVIDENCE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Well duh, nobody is saying we should throw that out. What happens if the guy isn't a rapist?

>Hey, do you want to talk about what happened the other night? You looked really upset and I heard a confrontation, and you haven't quite been yourself lately. You can talk to me about it if you want.

>Oh yeah I just hit my head on the night stand, no biggie.

See how nobody goes to jail?

It's not like just doing the bare minimum and talking to her will automatically send this guy to jail. "Innocent until proven guilty" is a standard in the courts where it comes to conviction, not some excuse to avoid LOOKING INTO SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY in the first place.

>Hey, that guy looks like a burglar breaking into a home. Should we approach him?
>We can't because he hasn't yet been convicted of the crime we haven't even started investigating yet.
>>
>>18284332
>She didn't say that?
Do you need a signed document detailing what "rape" means and asserting that what was done to her fits the definition she spelled out to you, or are you confident enough about what happened to make a thread titled unambiguously "Heard my roommate rape his gf?"
>>
>>18284337
>I hear words that sound complex
Durr you have aspergers

Please give me one reason as to how that could of been provoked, I'm dying to read.
>>
>>18284334
Obviously I sound stupid when you rephrase what I'm saying to sound stupid.

I was wondering if I should move out or not because of this situation, period. Otherwise I have no desire to. He's a good roommate. We have a really good apartment in a good location with a good price. Etc.
>>
>>18284343
Sure, I'll give a possible scenario

She could have been freaking out and ruining items in his room. He could have grabbed her and held her down to prevent her from destroying his property. As he is holding her down she freaks out "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME". He continues to hold her down and she says rape because she could be potentially drunk and very emotional. We have no idea what her mentality was or why she was initially on the floor. My scenario is just as likely as him raping her. So to act as if one is true is asinine.
>>
>>18284347
>He's a good roommate. We have a really good apartment in a good location with a good price. Etc.

OP's IQ estimate is:
>>
>>18284351
There's nothing stupid about what he said.
>>
>>18284347
I didn't rephrase what you said to sound stupid I simply referred to thinks you ACTUALLY said.

What you have said in this thread so far actually is stupid.

if you roommate was so great you wouldn't have made a thread about needing "advice" on whether to move out because of the shitty situation he has caused for you

honestly how did you even get into college in the first place? you are too stupid to live tier
>>
>>18284349
That was very creative, except nothing was said about a trashed room, her being drunk. Not to mention she had a seizure. You should take up writing mythology.
>>
>>18284360
He did something once. And not to me. And his gf stayed with him after it. Maybe ur the stupid one. Ever think abt that.
>>
>>18284360
OP hasn't said anything to seem dumb. Seems like 99% of the time he had a perfect roommate and this was just that 1%. Doesn't mean his roommate is shit.
>>
>>18284363
>And not to me.
And yet here you are crying about it to strangers on the internet wanting to move out over it
>>
>>18284363
OP, you were there when it happened. She managed to get the door open and may have noticed you being out there, watching and doing nothing.
Why would she tell you what happened? You witnessed her being raped, and did nothing. What is she supposed to think?
>>
I thought it was redpillers that were always whining about "whiteknighting," but this one redpiller is whiteknighting for OP so hard tonight.

>No he's not dumb for not wanting to look into something that could likely be a rape because he likes his roommate who might be the perpetrator! Leave OP alone!
>>
>>18284357
That's a cool opinion.
>>
>>18284368
I was wondering what the best move would be here. It's not a normal situation. I'm obviously confused and feel awkward about it. Don't know anyone else who has been in it before.

I wanted to find out what other people would do in the situation. I can see the pros and the cons of staying. Didn't know if there was some other things I may not have considered.
>>
>>18284365
Everything in moderation. I only rape 1% of the time. It would be crazy to call me a rapist because of that. Is somebody who just snaps a few vacation photos on his iPhone now and then a photographer? Are you a chef because you made Shepard's pie once?
>>
Ask if she's ok, don't threaten to call police until it happens again. That kind of situation would fuck me up.
>>
>>18284373
>I wanted to find out what other people would do in the situation.
>I came here to find out if this could get me in trouble somehow. And if people thought I should move out or not. So you're not even offering me relevant advice.

And now you're contradicting yourself
>>
>>18284361
OP didn't mention a trashed room because he did not seem to venture into his roommate's room. If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? We don't know if she was having a seizure. Don't state that as a fact. Again, she could have been drunk but we don't know that either.

The pith of my argument is that we don't know anything. There are hundreds of variables at play and so many people on her want to act like it is fact that he raped his gf. This seems to be the first time anything like this has ever happened so believing he didn't rape her is not as far fetched as many would like to make it seem.
>>
>>18284363
You must be fucking trolling m8. Yea. Stay with him. Because obviously you have no problem with rape/abuse. Also, grow the fuck up.
>>
>>18284381
>We don't know if she was having a seizure. Don't state that as a fact
OP witnessed it.

>The pith of my argument is that we don't know anything.
No, YOU don't because you didn't read the fucking thread.
>>
>>18284369
>You witnessed her being raped, and did nothing. What is she supposed to think?

I mean she is hanging around w her rapist. What am I supposed to think? Everyone here is talking about blackmail and shit. Like that's even logical. "Don't tell everyone I raped you or I'll tell everyone I raped you." What lol.

She seems happy when she's with him overall. I only saw her crying one other time after this and he was comforting her. She just acts awkward around me. Which makes it weirder because I already feel awkward being forced into the situation to begin with.
>>
>>18284369
>>18284376
Again, no evidence of rape so your argument is invalid. These are all hypotheticals yet everyone wants to act as if it is fact that a rape occurred and OP did nothing. Could a rape have occurred? Yea, sure. Could a rape not have occurred? Yea, sure. We will never know.
>>
>>18284387
>She just acts awkward around me.
It's because you were a witness to her being raped and didn't do or say anything about it. So yeah, it's awkward. there's nothing "weird" about it.
>>
>>18284387
She's pretending it never happened. Does that mean she's okay with being raped?
You're pretending it never happened. Does that mean you're okay with her being raped?
>>
>>18284387
Just ignore these people OP.

>>18284385
I've read every post on this thread lol. My arguments are grounded in what we know, not conjecture. OP stated it looked like a seizure but he was unsure about this. So, that also is not a definitive fact.
>>
>>18284387
Dude, people stay with abusers all the fucking time. Does that make it ok?
>>
>>18284392
>no evidence
So it was just her freaking out that one night? Okay, so after she calmed down and had a night's sleep on it, everything should be normal now. Her acting completely different since then is mere coincidence.
>We will never know.
Unless an investigation happens, in which case we will eventually know beyond reasonable doubt, or we won't.
>>
>>18284385
Yah she was def having some kind of medical issue. It wasn't drunk behavior. Never seen a drunk person act that way. If she was she was then it wasn't what caused her to be seizing on the floor with vomit on herself.

Plus I know she's been having health issues. Idk what they are I just know her bf bought her a new phone which is really uncharacteristic of him because he doesn't spend his money like that. When I said something about it, he told me she had a lot of medical expenses lately and couldn't afford to replace her old one.
>>
>>18284398
The fact is she was convulsing. What does it change if it was due to a seizure or not?

Your argument isn't grounded in anything. It's just a total dismissal of the entire situation, even things OP has definitively stated. Fuck off.
>>
>>18284198
Its that girl that needs a friend and ally, not your douchebag roommate. Tell her you are there for her. She probably feels really alone right now.
>>
>>18284180
>A few nights ago I went to use his bathroom when I saw her passed out on the floor having like a seizure or some shit. Like she had vomited and was convulsing. So I told her bf, and he started panicking. Then he closed the door.
Everyone's just ignoring this part of the story. What happened to her? It's possible that she took some drugs and had a paranoid freakout, and her boyfriend was trying to stop her from running out into the night. It's also possible that he drugged her and raped her.

I agree with other posters that you shouldn't jump to conclusions and call the cops, but it's obvious that something unusual and fucked-up happened. The good thing to do would be talk to the girl, not your roommate. Just say like "I don't know what I heard the other night, but are you ok? Do you want me to call someone for you?" How hard is that?
>>
>>18284408
THIS
>>
>>18284399
Didn't say I was cool with people staying with their abusers.

Me personally, I wouldn't choose to stay with an abuser. If someone else stays with an abuser, it's their choice. Idk how people have trouble getting this.

She is CHOOSING to be with him. Nobody is forcing a gun to her head and saying, "You have to stay with your rapist."
>>
>>18284408
>I agree with other posters that you shouldn't jump to conclusions and call the cops, but it's obvious that something unusual and fucked-up happened. The good thing to do would be talk to the girl, not your roommate. Just say like "I don't know what I heard the other night, but are you ok? Do you want me to call someone for you?" How hard is that?

THIS
H
I
S

Seriously I don't understand why you can't just do this. You even said you just to have chats with her this isn't even a fucking chat it will take 2 seconds for you to say to her and then go on with your day what the fuck is your hangup OP?!
>>
>>18284406
My point of it potentially not being a seizure was to reemphasize you aren't reading this situation very carefully. I'm not dismissing anything. I acknowledge that he could have raped her. I know how the situation looks. That is why I don't think rape should be crossed off the list. However, that list is filled with hundreds of other scenarios. My argument is grounded that we don't know so its best to collect more evidence before getting authorities involved. Your argument is that it seemed like something happened so we should report that crime.
>>
>>18284408
This
>>
>>18284415
No, I'm not the person you were talking to. My only argument I've made to you is that you're full of shit and y as is your "argument" and I've sufficiently proven that so I'm done with you now.
OP even corroborated the "seizing" thing here
>>18284404
>>
>>18284412
See >>18284396
She's pretending nothing's wrong. That doesn't mean she wanted it.
>>
>>18284412
You must assume people act logically in every decision they make. https://youtu.be/V1yW5IsnSjo
>>
>>18284412
Do you seriously not know that abusers threaten violence against their victims if they try to leave?

OP. Seriously.

This is a fucking troll thread isn't it?
>>
>>18284415
The "beyond reasonable doubt" standard is meant for getting a conviction, not for starting an investigation.
>>
File: why 4chan a shit.jpg (100KB, 1614x190px) Image search: [Google]
why 4chan a shit.jpg
100KB, 1614x190px
How do these people even find /adv/? What is their impetus of posting here? At least on their favorite non-anonymous social-aggregate, they can downvote-to-hide posts that don't agree with their confirmation bias.
>>
>>18284422
Ya I saw that later but that was also before whoever responded to me knew of that also. What the fuck is up with your sentence?

>My only argument I've made to you is that you're full of shit and y as is your "argument" and I've sufficiently proven that so I'm done with you now.

What the fuck? Well your argument of disproving my argument wasn't very successful. You can't disprove my argument because mine simply entertains the possibility of a plethora of situations.
>>
>>18284429
I fucking think so.
>>
>>18284430
Alright that's a fair point. That's one that I would be willing to talk about. I think OP should talk with the girl or roommate before he does that but I understand the argument for just making the phone call.
>>
>>18284423
Never said she wanted it.

>>18284425
If she doesn't want to use her logic, that's her choice. It's not my responsibility to think for her lol.
>>
>>18284443
OP, if you just don't care about her, then don't bother.
>but I do care
"Someone I know was raped and now she's acting weird, laugh out loud"
She could be being threatened to stay with him (e.g. if you talk to my roommate I'll do worse to you next time, he didn't help you last time so he won't help you this time)
>>
>>18284285
This. Watchmen makes a poignant point about this actually.
>>
>>18284453
Wtf my roommate never said that lol. She said, "I won't tell anyone."

And he said, "You can leave tomorrow."

Stop filling holes in with your weird hostage fantasy. She is choosing to be with her rapist and idk what else to tell you about that. It's not my job to step in. She hasn't reached out to me. I said I would let her know she can text me some time if she wants but this thread isn't even about that.
>>
Sometimes I feel like people on this board have never been outside their house and they learned everything they know from the Internet and movies. Wtf.
>>
File: 1493011685760.gif (445KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1493011685760.gif
445KB, 250x188px
>>18284180

Be direct and ask the girl first about what in the fuck happened the other night and then get your roomie's side of things. Be stern and demand zero bullshit. This isn't difficult.

It's your home, your place, even if it's an apartment, etc. and I'd be asking questions if I witnessed someone have a seizure and then struggling with yelling behind closed doors. It could've been drugs, rape, etc., but you need to be safe in your home. You don't need that shit and neither does she if something bad is happening. Speak up and find out what the fuck happened and decide how to go from there.
>>
>>18284459
>She said, "I won't tell anyone."
Because she was SCARED. She'd just been raped, which as anyone who's been raped will tell you is a scary thing.
>And he said, "You can leave tomorrow."
Because he doesn't want to seem like a rapist. Since he didn't act like he just raped her, it's easier for her to try to pretend nothing's happened.
>She hasn't reached out to me.
Read the entire post; she thinks you don't care that she's been raped. She's probably not too far off with that assumption.
>>
>>18284479
Stop trying to have a serious discussion with a lying shitposter. You are a faggot but not as much of one as OP is.
>>
You should get some kind of authority to look into the situation. Your argument that "she's ok with dating her rapist" is very shaky and naive. I stayed with someone who abused me for a very long time because I was terrified he'd hurt me worse than I already had been. These kinds of relationships are built around intimidation and scare tactics. Your good ol roomie pal is an absolute waste of oxygen.

What caused her to have the seizure in the first place? Is she epileptic or was she doing some hard drugs? And honestly, if he said she "can leave tomorrow", isn't that sketchy enough in itself? She's a grown ass woman, she can leave whenever she damn well pleases. It absolutely baffles me why you can't at least casually tip the police off about this, but you can make a thread on 4chan, which is a website full of people who would take the side of rapists, by the way. Are you a fucking troll? No one can be this much of an idiotic dickhead.
>>
>>18284408
THIS, do this OP. There is nothing hard about this, and it's the responsible thing to do
>>
>>18284648
This is big boy talk sweetie. Speak when spoken to and go back to watching television.
>>
>>18284387
>"Don't tell everyone I raped you or I'll tell everyone I raped you."
no one has said this, it most likely is
>"Don't tell everyone I raped you or I will do it again/kill you/kill your family/hurt you"
>>
>>18284180
>>18284198
>>18284222

You're just as bad as the guy who raped her. You do realize that victims of abuse are often emotionally dependent on their abusers? Or he might just straight up blackmail her. Witnessing as crime and not reporting it is a felony where I live and rightfully so. You're scum.
>>
>>18284705
Or
>"Don't tell anyone I raped you or I will tell everyone you're lying/on drugs/cheated on me"
It doesn't have to be that dire to be believable. Everyone assumes rape victims are lying anyway.

Cf. basically this entire thread
>>
Why is everyone bitching about OP not whiteknighting this girl? It's her problem not his. She hasn't done anything about it so why should he
>>
>>18284714
>a witness to a possible crime should not come forward
right
>>
>>18284714
>She hasn't done anything about it so why should he
Because he's not the one potentially being threatened by a rapist?
>>
When in doubt, always remember, bros before hoes.
>>
>>18284729
>>18284729
>bros before hoes
Or, in this case
>rapists before rape victims
>>
>>18284746
Or in this case you don't fucking know if he raped her or not so don't label him that.
>>
>>18284747
Or in this case you don't know that he didn't but we know something fucked up happened and you'd side with doing NOTHING because
>hurr durr women are whores amirite?

KYS.
>>
>>18284769
Actually we don't know something fucked up happened. You THINK something fucked up happened but you don't KNOW. My opinion isn't contingent on women being whores. It is more based on the idea of waiting for further evidence before contacting the police.
>>
hi, i've not been in this situation, nor have i been close to this situation, so i guess this is an outside perspective

the vulnerability and duress element is significant in abusive relationships, anons are very right to point this out
it is best not to jump to conclusions, you do have every right to be concerned, i would be very concerned in your situation and maybe have the same ideas

i think what you need to do is:
contact the police, DO NOT REPORT IT AS A CRIME AT THIS POINT, because we dont know do we
ask for a vulnerable persons liaison because you think someone you know is in danger
talk to the liaison and tell them what you heard, be clear that you dont feel confident in the report at this time
tell them you want to ensure this lady is safe and not at risk of danger, pass on her contact information if its available

this allows someone with the proper authority, knowledge, and powers to deal with the situation

i think it's valid to ask your room mate what the fuck was going on because you were uncomfortable, but be aware this allows for destruction of evidence and for him to just be more crafty about his abuse if that is the case
>>
>>18284773
> I saw her passed out on the floor having like a seizure or some shit. Like she had vomited and was convulsing.
>hear her yelling, "WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK."
>she starts sobbing
>she yells, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME." >I hear the word rape come out
>she was begging to leave. She kept saying, "I swear I won't tell anyone. I just want to go home." still sounded extremely upset, she was begging to leave. She kept saying, "I swear I won't tell anyone. I just want to go home."
>Then I heard something crash and footsteps running. Then he was running out after.
>she was there the next morning. She looked pretty bad like her whole face was swollen from crying

Yeah, no, you're right, this is all normal.

I didn't say call the police, either. I've been pushing OP just to TALK to this girl and try to figure out if she needs/wants his help. Instead of sitting on his ass, turning up the TV and doing nothing.

You're sitting there encouraging him to do exactly that. And I'm saying that's an incredibly stupid way to deal with this.
>>
>>18284786
I never said it seemed normal so that's an asinine point to make. Didn't know who you were in this thread but I agree, that is a sensible action to take. Lol looks like we weren't really arguing different points.
>>
>>18284198
i think she's dissapointed in you, i get it as she was screaming for help, and what did you do, slam your fucking door shut? i dont think she trusts you anymore.
>>
>>18284198
She screamed for help, you ignored her, of course she doesn't want to talk with you know, you're just as basd as her bf, hope u kys
>>
>>18284310
What if they had an agreement that he could have sex with her when she is passed out and she freaked out at first but later remembered the agreement?
>>
>>18284833
What if unicorns danced with leprechauns in an alternate universe where there was no poverty and everyone sang and danced all the time?
>>
>>18284899
Not what if, multiverse confirms that such a reality does exist.
>>
>>18284899
lol yeah ok. Why don't you go there then instead of shitting up this thread.
>>
Oh holy Christ, this had better be bait.

Unfortunately it's not that far-fetched at all, but ... I fucking hope it is.
>>
>>18284901
... the fuck?
>>
File: 1493592917769.gif (2MB, 322x252px) Image search: [Google]
1493592917769.gif
2MB, 322x252px
>>18284901
>>
>>18284899
WHAT IF IT WERE ALWAYS SUNNY
>>
>>18284237
I've never heard a more limp-wristed, soft-cocked excuse for literally anything, let alone not reporting a possible rape and domestic abuse situation, in my life.

Does he need it on fucking blu-ray? Finding a woman passed out on the floor convulsing, then hearing her screaming for help through as door, then hearing her saying later "I swear I won't tell anyone, I just want to go home" in extreme distress, THEN hearing a crash and running? What planet do you have to be fucking living on NOT to come to the conclusion that there MAY have been a rape? That's why we report shit to the police - because there is good reason to suspect a crime MAY have occurred and it needs further investigation.

Have you seriously been so thoroughly brainwashed by shitposting frat cunts and teenagers who are so delusionally bitter and entitled that they think fucking God himself should get off his throne and write them an apology letter because they're still a virgin at 18 that you think the moral high ground here is to keep any sort of spotlight off that guy even if it means risking this girl's life?

We all know that OP is just an nth-degree candyass who doesn't want to get chewed out for not intervening, even though taking his fucking licking like a man could prevent this girl from being raped again.
>>
I don't know why you didn't immediately confront them and ask what the fuck the deal was the next morning. As someone who lives there, I'd want to know if some girl was convulsing and possibly dying in my house. Why are you such a little bitch OP?

Anyway, since you missed your window of opportunity to ask when you should have, I would just call the police and ask them what to do. It's not your problem if he gets in trouble or not but if she decides to report it somewhere down the road and your name comes up she could paint you as a witness or even an accessory who did nothing to help her.
>>
File: 1446161649336.jpg (42KB, 296x289px) Image search: [Google]
1446161649336.jpg
42KB, 296x289px
>>18284215
>>18284287

Look beta orbiters, we are all grown up people and have to make our own decisions (yes, even women!). If she decides to stay with this guy after _presumeably_ being raped, that's on her. If she ever decides to file charges, OP can answer truthfully, that he heard something...but not much( what does having sex even sound like when one party is passed out..?).

As he stated before there seems to be something going on, but the audio feedback he gets is often misleading, he heard her brutally getting beaten up, but then didn't see a scratch. What do you make of that. Maybe the guy just undressed her because of the puke on her clothe and so on and so forth....

I'd recommend OP to get out of this hellhole though.
>>
>>18284924

You are either one of the harpies or a guy who wears skinny jeans.
>>
>>18284180
Don't report a thing without proof OP. That's silly and you could ruin this guys life. Over what you THINK you heard? Lol, please use common sense. Too many dudes are getting locked up over that stupid ass "rape" word.
>>
>>18284180
>>18284198
I'm horrified at reading this story, mainly because of your incredible lack of altruistic reaction.

What I would do now if I were you:
- next time the girl comes to your home, don't wait for her to go in her bf's room, tell her you would be graceful if she accepted to have a private conversation with you now or before leaving again.
- when you're finally in the situation of a private conversation with her, start with deep sincere apologies for your lack of spontaneous help; you basically let her alone when she was being tortured before your eyes, this inaction is unforgivable but she probably can understand you were terrified and in denial; more importantly, whether she wants to forgive you or not, explain that this doesn't matter because now you want to help them to the best of your abilities.
- once this matter has been done with, enter the most important and difficult part: how can you help her now that it's too late? Obviously, there's not much to do, and more importantly, you are NOT a white knight, it's her and only her who will decide how and when you can help her. However, you still have the possibility to give her some ideas of how you could help her, or just a first opinion. First, ask her if she's blackmailed in some way, if she's forced to stay with her bf, if she fears he will do more horrible things if she disobeys him. Then, if she answers that she's not forced, ask her if she's happy in her situation now, and if she answers positively in a convincing way stop worrying about her; but that seems extremely unlikely. In every other case, tell her that, in your opinion, there ought to be something to do to free her, and this is very important, not only for her current well being but also for her entire life. Tell her that you're willing to defend her as a witness and that police has ways to protect victims from blackmailers.
>>
>>18284234
Yeah, if she needs a good door slammer she knows who to call.
>>
>>18285023
Or someone to turn the TV up to drown out her screams.
>>
All this outrage, just because it is a girl...

Bottom of the line is nobody really knows what happened and she seems to decide to stick with this guy.

If a guy gets his shit kicked and beaten in on the streets you just walk by like everyone else. Don't give me this pseudo vigilant, virtuous BS.

You are either one of these women who think the rest of the world's main responsibility should be to save you or your gender from any decision you make, or you are a thirsty beta orbiter...
>>
>>18284180
>SOMEBODY SAVE ME
[television volume intensifies]
Man some people are such pieces of shit
>>
>>18284180
I've been in a similar situation once with my roommate (girl).
The guy didn't want her to left him despise the fact that he was married, 20years older, beating and supposedly raping her.
I was having a fap when a sudden noise of thing being thrown and screams bursted.
I just knocked at their door asking what was up and stayed with them (he didn't want to hit her in front or me) till the cops arrived because the guy wouldn't leave.
Eventually had to separate them and hear their bullshit for hours while literally shaking (my childhood was maily made of that and she guessed it immediatly).
In the end she didn't want to leave the guy because after I went to work he would wait for her.
Tried to convince her to get some help, but he knew all her life and she was terrified.
So I eventually told her I was gonna move out and left her.
There is an easy solution anon, be honest and ask what's up on the moment (in France you can go to jail if you don't help someone thanks to an old nazi law) and when you've done your part just admit the situation how it and eventually leave.
Also always side with both protagonists and remind you're neutral.
>>
you done good OP
the stupid whore stays, deserves everything she gets
next time when it happens, leave the house and you never ever heard anything
>>
Maybe this viewpoint might convince you to talk to her OP:
It's clear you feel that what happened that night was too ambiguous to act on definitively, but you're upset it happened nonetheless because it makes your home life awkward. It seems like she's acting all weird around you which is bothering you. By reaching out to her you accomplish two things.
1. You find out what happened, and can assess the likelihood of it happening again (which will inform your decision to move out).
2. You can determine why she's acting strange around you (which can also inform your decision to move out, as if she's sticking around for a while this behavior may continue and you may prefer not to be around it).

So just talk to her OP, then you can make a more informed decision on whether or not it's worth it to stick around.
>>
epic thread, OP

kill yourself
>>
OP, you're clearly a psychopath of you're actually want to live with guy. Go get a therapist and talk to his girlfriend
>>
>>18285136

Anon you are clearly a virtue signaling millenial, who has nothing else to take pride of, get help
>>
>>18284180
>>18284180
>>18284180
You should definitely contact her and contact the police.

But whats worse is that you let a rape happen on your watch, with the victim still in touch with you.

Imagine the shame she must feel. You were there yet you did fuck all. She might even think that youre in on it, and you sort of are for not having done anything.

The one time in your life when you being somewhere mattered, you turned the sound of the tv up and ran into your room. You are literal scum.
>>
>>18285172
How do you beyond a shadow of a doubt KNOW that the rape happened? You know nothing, you're only guessing. Grow up.
>>
>>18284310

Fucking top kek, OP is a bag of dicks.
>>
Holy shit, you people are fucking cowards. All of you.

> Stay out of it, she made her decision
You fence sitting pussies make me sick. If my BEST FRIEND who is also my roommate did this, you can bet your pog collection I'd get involved. I can understand the fear in the moment, but to continue to pretend like you weren't witness to an awful crime that YOUR FRIEND COMMITTED is just fear. Imagine how she must feel.

You have a moral imperative to offer help, OP. I bet you had fantasies about having super powers as a kid, yeah? Well, this is what it's like. It's not fun. But, you will regret doing nothing for the rest of your life.

You are not the police, you don't get directly involved. But the next time you see her, pull her side for a second and tell her "if you go to the police, i will have your back". And mean it. This is all you can do, and hopefully it will be enough.
>>
OP is more concerned about how his bromance with his roommate will be affected by the latter's probably rape of his gf than the well-being of said gf ..

Good job OP, you're a giant piece of shit!

>a rape probably occurred in my house but it's k, I don't want to inconvenience myself

You poor baby you! Seriously though, fuck you. Your parents couldn't possibly be more disappointed in you.
>>
>>18285207

Celina. Get it in your thick skull. He.wasnn't.a.witness.to.anything.

He heard noises and suspected something, his suspicion was wrong before. I know for the kinds of you it is more important to lock someone up on evidence this thing, because all men are potential rapists and it's better to lock them up just in case, ,because women have to be shielded from anything.

If she doesn't ask for help and continues sucking her presumed rapist's cock every night without asking for help, there is very little OP could and should do.
>>
>all these "but you don't really know what happened!"
Anons are cowards, news at 11.

>>18284180
>so I just went to my room and slammed the door really hard
Good job, OP, sounds like she'll have an easy time trusting you now.
>>
>>18285253
>>all these "but you don't really know what happened!"
>Anons are cowards, news at 11.

more like anons are illiterate

I don't know why anons are trying to tell OP he doesn't know anything when the title of the thread is
>Heard my roommate rape his gf

lmao
>>
>>18284180
>Then she starts sobbing. Then she yells, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME." Then I hear the word rape come out, and I immediately turn up the TV volume really loudly.
Hahahaha. This better be a troll thread. That's a comic character level of apathy.

>>18284209
Because she's afraid and thinks you might be on his side?

>>18285240
If his suspicion was wrong and the guys played a very realistic RP of domestic abuse, it's easier to clear up the misunderstanding than living your life knowing that you were a passive accomplice to a crime.
>>
>>18285240
Ok, before you waste any more time writing stupid shit, my job specifically involves handling witnesses to sexual assault survivors.

You're a cherrypicking fruit who thinks that you need to literally sit there eating popcorn to be considered a witness. You're trying to use semantics to win an argument about ethics, and you're too fucking busy trying to rationalize why you should be defending Anonymous Male A from Evil Whore to notice.

OP knows what happened, and he let it happen. He's a witness to a crime, you fucking teenager.
>>
>>18285257
Okay, I gotta be honest, this thread is serious AF but this post cracked me up. Well done, Anon.
>>
>>18285029
>>18285240
>>18285182
You know, I can't stand most feminists, and whenever they start going on about "rape culture" all of my instincts tell me to roll my eyes. Then I read posts like these and I start ... to ... wonder.

Let's go over what happened one more fucking time (assuming it's all true and not bait):

>he sees the girl passed out, apparently having a seizure
>runs and tells her boyfriend, who goes in with her and closes the door
>he hears her yelling "WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK"
>hears her sobbing
>"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME"
>hears the word rape
>hears the door rattling
>later she says "I swear I won't tell anyone, I just want to go home" and then he hears some sort of physical altercation
>afterwards she is visibly traumatized

Enter morons, stage left:
>How do you know she was raped?
If there is any doubt in your mind as to what happened, having read the above facts - even the tiniest, slightest shred of doubt - you are a FUCKING IDIOT.
>>
>>18284180
Fake and gay
>>
>>18285276
You also forgot the part where, in between her having a seizure and the "WHAT THE FUCK"
>I heard some noises that sounded like he was having sex

Yeah, I mean there's really no arguing about this. But men AND women will go out of their fucking way to say it can't be what it looks like and we can't be sure of anything.

It's like this one topic brings out David Hume-ian levels of skepticism in otherwise perfectly rational people who generally go about their lives without banging their heads into doorframes because "I dunno, it might not actually be there, can't ever be sure about these doorframes, y'know?"
>>
>>18285276
You know man, I didn't believe in rape culture right up until I saw how common this line of thought was. Eventually, I learned to start giving the benefit of the doubt to the victim when I saw how eager people are to think it just DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Really man, the only thing you can do is lend an ear. It doesn't mean you're turning your back on your manhood. People love to talk about the red pill, but all it does is put you in an echo chamber of things you already wanted to believe. There is a whole world of different, yet valid, struggles for women. It's not a contest, man, we're all struggling through this pilgrimage.
>>
How can a boyfriend rape his girlfriend?
Rape is like tearing down strangers clothes by force.
This probably was a part of foreplay.
>>
>>18285269
>>18285269
>>18285276

To give you one alternative possibility of what happened.
>girl passes out pukes over herself
>guy enters undresses her to get rid of the dirt
>she wakes up in a state of confusion
>freaks out

Is that what happened? I don't fucking know. Maybe not, maybe some variant of that. Point is we don't know and all you wannabe detectives making fucking third grade guesses based on impressions of a guy, who though the roommate's gf was bashed to bits when in reality she received not a scratch is neither exactly going by the scientific method, nor holding up in court.

I am not a lawyer, but at least a guardsman, so you might think that I have better insight in how these things work compared to your average millenial.
>>
>>18285285
>You know man, I didn't believe in rape culture right up until I saw how common this line of thought was. Eventually, I learned to start giving the benefit of the doubt to the victim when I realized how people applied in dubio pro reo as they are supposed to with any other crime

Yeah and that's why I have to forcefully keep an open mind about rape accusations, since it's so easy with all you beta orbiters to accuse without significant proof, compared to any other crime.
>>
>>18285301
Lol, are you fucking serious? Just because you come up with some sort of knee-jerk explanation that ignores about half of the story doesn't give reasonable doubt.

>I'm not a lawyer
No shit
>>
>>18285305
>significant proof

Such as?
>>
>>18285299
>>18285299
>Rape is like tearing down strangers clothes by force.
Jesus fuck nigga you must be trolling.
>>
>>18285305
Ok dude, whatever. I literally do this shit for a living but what do I know, right? I'm not gonna waste my morning arguing with a rape apologist. But my man, the title of the OP is "I heard my roommate rape his gf". I know you think you're doing some sort of service, goddamn are you doing some stupid fucking mental reasoning to justify being shitty towards a woman you don't know.
>>
>>18285301
>guy enters undresses her to get rid of the dirt
That'd be fucked up too. Besides, it's not up to OP to find out what really happened. It's his job to notify the authorities or at least offer his support to the potential victim because whatever happened, easy qualifies for "reasonable suspicious". If he was wrong, it's great. If he was right, he just helped someone in need.
>>
>>18285301
Dear lord man, you just ignored like 3/4 of the story to get to this half-baked scenario. Why is it so important to you that he didn't do it? Why are you acting like the scientific method and legal standards of proof are a) something you're capable of, b) remotely relevant? This is a fucking advice board, on 4chan, where people come for their problems. On any other fucking issue you'd have no problem figuring out what happened because you live in the world with people and stuff.

You're being deliberately obtuse.
>>
>>18285301
>Is that what happened? I don't fucking know.
Yeah. Yeah, you do know. But you can go ahead and lie about it, to yourself & others, I don't expect to make any impression on somebody like you. But it's pretty clear to any reasonable people reading this - and god willing, that's most of them - how delusional you are.

As for you being a "guardsman" (excuse me, what? security guard? bodyguard?), nice try, that doesn't give you any expertise in this area whatsoever. Ironically, somebody who DOES have ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE in this area has already responded to you and called you an idiot.
>>
>>18285307

That I and him can come up with some alternative plausible explanations is exactly what it means. You have zero proof apart of the muffled shout through a door, made by someone who was most likely in a state of confusion either way. That's definetely not 'beyond a shadow of a doubt'.
What half does it ignore , that they fought afterwards and she said something about not telling anybody? You had to be lunatic to think that this would or should hold up in a court.

>>18285308

In this case visual feedback, maybe some typical abrasions, although unlikely in this specific scenario though. Sucks but we have murderers roaming free for similiar reasons, it's the price you have to pay for not indulging in witch hunts based on vague allegations.
>>
>>18284180
Hey if it isn't really your problem and it doesn't affect you in the slightest and you would have to find another roommate or something and ruin your friendship about this
I say start out of it entirely, it's not like it's hard to accuse someone of rape or something, she didn't, you don't know if she didn't because she is afraid or she just doesn't want to
>>
>>18285318
>Why is it so important to you that he didn't do it?

Maybe because they don't actually care whether or not it happened? These types of guys are pure evil, why try to reason with them.
>>
>It's another "he probably fell into her by accident while helping her fill out her college application!" argument
>>
>>18285324
>You'd have to be a lunatic to believe this would hold up in court
Ok but my job is literally to take SA witness statements and give them to courtrooms, so
>>
>>18285301
Here is a better explanation, she has a rape fetish and now she is embarrassed because op knows about it
>>
>>18285340
Or they are practicing for a role. Just like a guy preparing to jump from a bridge might not be suicidal but just make selfies. Oh and that bleeding victim on the street isn't really bleeding out but a social experiment.
>>
>>18285324
>You had to be lunatic to think that this would or should hold up in a court.
Nobody is asking your worthless legal opinion, dumbass. But even if they were, you're fucking wrong. Eyewitness testimony put Ted Bundy away, and it's done a lot more than just that. You don't know shit about how these things work.

Calling the authorities to report a possible crime is hardly a witch hunt. Is it a witch hunt when I call the cops because I think someone is trying to break into my house, too? Ffss
>>
You guys only like to bring up Occam's Razor when it's convenient for you, huh?
>>
>>18285207
>You have a moral imperitive
Good thing morons like you aren't allowed to send people to jail
>>
>>18285349
Ooh ooh I've got one. Maybe she wants to audition for a movie and they were reenacting that scene from Irreversible.
>>
>>18285318
>scientific method and legal standards of proof are a) something you're capable of, b) remotely relevant? This is a fucking advice board, on 4chan, where people come for their problems. On any other fucking issue you'd have no problem figuring out what happened because you live in the world with people and stuff.

lol, rational thinking and the basic principles of law are not relevant..also you know my complete background...ok, if you say so bro.

Of course I can fucking guess what happened. But a guess based on a second hand story presented by a retard who seems to be unsure what he actually heard (despite the catchy title) does not the high standards we rightfully hold our law up to. Personally I would not bet even 100 Dollar on one possibility or the other, just too much uncertainty and variables involved.

Because of several bias you guys are acting as if this is a clear cut case, it is not. OP is free to ask the girl what happened, that's all he can do, but judging by her behaviour she will lie about it anyways. Filing indictment in his position is quite insane though and shows how detached you all are.
>>
>>18285349
Here is my advice for op that's worth like 6 of your advices
Whenever you feel like it when you are alone with your roommate just tell him dude, I have no idea what you and your girlfriend were doing the other day but you freaked the shit our of me.
Next time find somewhere else to do it or give me a heads up so I can go to the movies or something and don't have to listen to that
>>
>>18285340
So this actually happened to me. I hooked up with a girl who, out of the blue, asked me if i wanted to pretend I was raping her. Then, without answering, began yelling NO STOP, PLEASE DON'T. I had to talk to my roommates about it because they heard and they're not limp dick faggots like everyone in this thread, apparently.

But, you know how she left? Smiling. And she came back smiling. So I want you to understand that even as the dude who's job it is to do this kind of thing in real life, and even as the 'hero' in these convoluted stories you are trying to pass off as plausible, I'm telling you that you're not being bipartisan, you're being obtuse.
>>
>>18285367
>judging by her behaviour she will lie about it anyways
What? Hahaha okay.

>Filing indictment in his position is quite insane
What the fuck? Calling the cops = filing an indictment? Yyyeah, you know a LOT about the law, buddy. Sure ya do.
>>
Ah, if only OP would've mention that his roommate is a muslim. Wonder if /pol/fags would be still doing their mental gymnastics then.
>>
>>18285371
>speaking with the potential attacker instead of the potential victim
Yeah, there is no way this could backfire.
>>
>>18285372
I'm not being bipartisan at all, I'm 100% on ops side
Who knows what happened? Only two people were there to see it.
Maybe op got real paranoid and he didn't see the girl cry or be upset and it's all in his head
You shouldn't have to report your family and friends to the police for some small chance that something may have happened
>>
>>18285383
>Maybe op got real paranoid and he didn't see the girl cry or be upset and it's all in his head
Wow
>>
>>18285328

Well neither do you. You are 100% sure of what happened. I am just saying we don't know.
OP the faggot should have busted the door and catch the guy in the act (or not), but now this opportunity is gone and we will have to deal with the fact that rape presumptions, not even accusations filed by the victim, have to hold up to the same standards as murder accusations.
>>
>>18285381
How could that backfire at all? It's a pretty reasonable thing to ask and it doesn't imply any wrongdoing on anyone's part
Also nice fallacy, you have no idea if there is a victim here at all
>>
>>18285383
Maybe OP is schizophrenic and THE ROOMMATE DOESN'T EXIST
>>
>>18284180
I'm with you Op.

Weather or not he raped her is irrelevant to you. You've got a sweet apartment with a guy who I'm assuming pays his share on time then this happens and your wanting to know if its going to rock the boat.

Given that she hasn't pressed charges I'd say no. Even if she changes her mind later at that point she wont have proof and you can just say you don't recall hearing anything.

That said from a moral standpoint I'd say at least tell her, in person, that you'll have her back if she wants to press charges soon. Not some 3 years later shit, like this week soon. Don't text or anything either. Nothing that could cut off a retreat if you need one.
>>
>>18285362
You're right, my job is to take are of victims, carefully identify and give the proper evidence to the police, so that THEY can send them time jail.

I also have a moral imperative to run into burning buildings to carry fatasses like yourself out, have any clever quips about that?

>>18285367
Nobody is telling OP to handcuff the guy, dude. You are SO off goalpost goddamn. I suggested OP tell her that he is willing to be a witness if she decides to pursue this THROUGH PROPER LEGAL CHANNELS. If this dude is so fucking innocent, and the evidence is sooooo insubstantial, it should be no problem, yeah? I'm sure it would all get cleared up.
>>
>>18285395
>you can just say you don't recall hearing anything.
>Don't text or anything either. Nothing that could cut off a retreat if you need one.
Holy shit you're a faggot.
>>
>>18285389
Wouldn't you?
Have you ever witnessed something like this at all? J live in a big city near one of the big streets and during weekend nights people crash their cars so often I'm used to it
And they do it because they are drunk driving and I look out the window to see the drunk retards beat the shit out of each other, last month it was two groups of 20 something kids who spent like an hour fighting each other and yelling, sure I look and listen but I have no idea what is going on and after a while I'm still wondering what the hell happened
>>
>>18285376

No, I guess judging by your rethorics then the roles were flipped and you were the one defending him and protecting him from bias.
Project all you want, in that case as well my stance would remain uncompromised, unlike yours. ;)
>>
I'm actually the boyfriend in the OP. My girlfriend and I have been monitoring this thread for the past four hours. Boy, what a mixup!

>>18285301
This guy has it right. When I saw my girlfriend passed out, my first instinct was to call an ambulance, but then I thought to myself, "No, I can handle this," so instead I just closed the door and did fuck all for three minutes until she came around.

She must have been disoriented from the seizure because when she saw me she started screaming WHAT THE FUCK, WHAT THE FUCK, and no matter how much I tried to calm her down she wouldn't stop. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!" "Sweetie, I'm not doing anything!!" "NO, GOD, PLEASE GET AWAY!" It was really upsetting! I got so stressed that i turned on some porn and the sex noises calmed me down.

After like twenty minutes of that she finally calmed down and was so grateful to me for sticking around, but then she started having another seizure or something, smashed into the doorframe, and yelled "This *blaaayayargh* seizure is even *hrrrrng* worse than being RAPED!" I think the word "rape" was probably audible outside the door. Nothing else, though!

While she was flailing around like a crazy person her arm caught me in the cheek and knocked one of my teeth out. She freaked out and started crying and so I decided to tell her the truth, that I'm actually a deep cover Russian operative and it was a fake tooth filled with cyanide in case I get captured, which is why later she said "I swear I won't tell anyone. I just want to go home." Unfortunately right after she said that I bumped into a desk and a lamp fell on my foot, which is why I started cussing. "You stupid fucking cunt. You stupid bitch." I said that to the lamp. She's not used to me swearing that much so between that and finding out I was a Russian spy it's understandable she seemed freaked out later.

Reading over all of that I can see how it must have sounded pretty bad from outside. Gosh!
>>
>>18285393
> you have no idea if there is a victim here at all
Hence I used "potential" twice? It's perfectly possible that nothing happened, just like it's perfectly possible that something did.

>How could that backfire at all?
If you don't see how putting a potential criminal on the spot can lead to problems, this topic is way beyond your mental capacities.

>It's a pretty reasonable thing to ask
Sure, just the right person and not the potential attacker.
>>
>>18285397
Your job is not taking care of the victim, nor collecting evidence. That's nobody's job
That's a choice you can take or not and there is nothing wrong with either option
Nobody owes you anything, I say short of seeing someone dying out in the open I wouldn't get involved
>>
>>18285383
>I'm 100% on ops side
>Who knows what happened?

>Title of OP's thread is "I heard my roommate rape his girlfriend"

This entire time, I've been imagining you in some cheap suit trying to sell this shit in court.

>Witness testimony
>"Ackshully, Your Honor, did you consider that maybe OP was just trying to catch a spider that had startled his girlfriend??"
>>
>>18285406
Uh, wouldn't I what? But yeah, I used to live in a really bad neighborhood on the outskirts of downtown. Looked real nice but the house across the street was a literal crack den. Did NOT do my proper due diligence before moving in (was new to town), but I digress.

One time at like 2am something went down right outside my house. Like, literally 5 feet from my bedroom wall. Jumped to the window and saw one guy chasing two more down the street with a gun while a guy hanging out of the side of the car (which was racing away) was brandishing and swinging a baseball bat. Shit was super fucked and scary, I had no idea what had just gone down.

You know what I did?

I called the fucking cops.
>>
>>18284180
>Your job is not taking care of the victim, nor collecting evidence. That's nobody's job
Are you joking? It's literally my job, I'm emergency services
>>
>>18285383
>I'm 100% on ops side
>Who knows what happened?
>Maybe [...] it's all in his head

no, you're on the rapist's side lol
>>
>>18285412
Anyone at any given point is a potential victim
>Putting a criminal on the spot
Anyone is a potential criminal at any given time, also this isn't putting anyone in the spot, if anything not saying anything is worse because he will wonder what the hell is in your mind
>To the right person
The right person being the one you are most close to
>>
>>18285419
This would get dismissed in court because you can't prove a single thing
Hell I'd rape really occurred then judging by the sounds she was probably attacked too in some other way so if she went to the hospital or the police and had signs of it it could have played on her favour, then again she was having a fucking ziasure so who knows
>>
You can tell who is just cusping early adulthood because they're still secure in the idea that "if you can justify it to yourself, your argument is infallible because you just became familiar with the concepts of objectivity and subjectivity"
>>
>I suggested OP tell her that he is willing to be a witness if she decides to pursue this THROUGH PROPER LEGAL CHANNELS. If this dude is so fucking innocent, and the evidence is sooooo insubstantial, it should be no problem, yeah? I'm sure it would all get cleared up.

You maybe suggest this, other people suggested filing police reports. Sorry if I can't address each of you special snowflakes individually, but instead gave a suggestion of what I would definetely not do.

Yeah Op fuckhead, can talk to the girl and ask her what happened. Considering how crazy she seems, she will most likely lie about it, if not he shouldn't take a side but merely state what he heard and that he is willing to attest to this sound in court. Don't give me this I have your back BS.
But then, that's what he could do, I don't feel he is obliged to pressure her to go to court without knowing what really happened. He is obliged however to truthfully attest to his impressions, but nothing more.
>>
>>18285424
No, see, you misunderstood. It's nobody's job because rape isn't real and OP's roommate was just trying to beat away the feral cats that had suddenly invaded his bathroom while his gf was having a seizure.
>>
its pretty shady that he didnt call a fucking ambulance while his girlfriend was having a seizure
>>
>>18285420
The point I was trying to make is that you hear wierd sounds and you inmediately make up some story in your mind that explains it
Sure, those wierd things are pretty much over after a while but imagine you go out next morning and find some drunk guy passed out in the street, or someone dead that has been stabbed, then you start working it into the story you made up in your head
That could have happened to op, he saw rape because he already thought rape happened and was hyper aware of any possible sign
>>
>>18285448
I got your point. My point was that your point was fucking stupid.
>>
>>18285427
I don't even know anything about the rapist
>>
>>18285454
My point is stupid because you don't like it? How does that work?
>>
>>18285435
You literally don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>18284180
Tread very lightly OP. The reality is you have no idea what happened. Charging someone with rape is serious. People do prison time for this plus a lifetime on a sex offender registry. You are making a lot of assumptions. Talk to the girl ask her what happend. She was there you weren't. If she says something happened tell her what you heard and that you'll come forward. If she says it was not rape, then leave it be.
>>
>>18285460
No, your point is stupid because it's fucking stupid. You're just pulling things out of your ass and making up theoretical scenarios that are every bit as relevant as "What if Jesus joined up with the Illuminati to plant these ideas in OP's head because his roommate is actually the Antichrist?" instead of just going with what Occam's razor says like a normal person who can read.
>>
>>18285463
Actually I do, rape is really fucking hard to prove since there is no evidence nor whitnesses and rape can technically mean anything from he beat me up and fucked me to I woke up the next morning and regretted having sex with him
Also at least 40% of all acussation are false
>>
>>18285439
>You maybe suggest this, other people suggested filing police reports. Sorry if I can't address each of you special snowflakes individually, but instead gave a suggestion of what I would definetely not do.

Funny, you had no problem addressing us individually before now. And you've been arguing with me, specifically, since I bright it up. Now, all the sudden, you think it's a good idea? What changed? Did you finally realize that what you're taking about has at best a passing relationship with the actual topic being discussed?

Gee, it's almost like you didn't know what you were talking about from the start.
>>
>>18285468
My whole point is that A op didn't see anything
And B ops testimony isn't even reliable at all
That's not stupid at all, since he saw nothing and is not sure what he heard then it will remain an uncertainty
>>
>>18285397
>You're right, my job is to take are of victims, carefully identify and give the proper evidence to the police, so that THEY can send them time jail.

So your job is to collect evidence forFOR whoever CLAIMS to be a victim and visits in your office, so he can succeed with his allegations. Sounds like you are in the right thread right now.
>>
>>18285402
Ya well if the paradigm of moral fortitude that is you came asking for advice then I wouldn't of said that.

Just telling Op to check all his bases here.
>>
>>18285469
>Also at least 40% of all acussation are false
Oh boy, I'm so glad you know crime stats better than the FUCKING FBI
>>
>>18284268
No she can not. I know someone who did time and the woman tried to recant, but the prosecutor felt he had sufficient evidence. He felt she was just being a battered woman and covering for her man.
>>
>>18285469
Nice statistic, bro. Where did you get your license? Because, as I mentioned five or six times, I actually make my living doing the things you are telling me don't happen.

Rape is hard to prove. That's why a witness testimony like say, oh, from a roommate who heard the whole thing would carry a lot of weight.

And they wouldn't have him go on stand and say "yeah he raped her" like all you lawyers seem to think. They'd have him explain EXACTLY what he heard and THAT'S ALL.

None of you fucks have taken a statement or dealt with an actual sexual assault on your life, but y'all wanna tell me all about it.
>>
>>18284287
OP does not KNOW anything.
>>
>>18285476
I'm a paramedic you fucking idiot
>>
>>18285475
>A op didn't see anything
>I saw her passed out on the floor having like a seizure or some shit
>hears multiple instances of screaming, including the word "rape"
>The door shakes several times, and once I see it crack open then immediately slammed shut.
>hears her say "I swear I won't tell anyone. I just want to go home."
>hears a crash, her running, roommate running out after
The next morning
>She looked pretty bad like her whole face was swollen from crying.

lol yeah ok he saw and heard nothing.

>And B ops testimony isn't even reliable at all
It's not testimony, this isn't a court of law, it's fucking 4chan...

You faggots always turn into Johnnie fucking Cochran every time someone mentions the word "rape."
>>
YOU GUYS WANNA KNOW SOMETHING?

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT OP KNOWS

NOT IN THE FUCKING LEAST

ZIP

IF THE GIRL WAS TO PURSUE THIS LEGALLY, AND THEY CALLED ON HIM TO TESTIFY, ALL HE WOULD BE REQUIRED TO DO IS TELL THEM WHAT HE JUST TOLD US IN THE OP

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE, OR YOU, OR ME THINKS HE RAPED HER. BUT OP SEEMS PRETTY CONFIDENT THAT WHAT HE HEARD WASN'T A HALLUCINATION, AND THAT'S /THE ONLY THING/ THAT WOULD MATTER
>>
>>18285472

Ehrm, buddy. Multiple people with multiple statements and claims
Such as
> but to continue to pretend like you weren't witness to an awful crime that YOUR FRIEND COMMITTED is just fear. Imagine how she must feel.

I never even claimed he must not talk to the girl, but unlike others just said that there's much more uncertainty to this COMMITTED.LITERALLY.SHAKING.CRIME than they make it out to be. If you think otherwise point me to a statement of mine, that contradicts this.
He can talk to her in the way I explained, but it's not his sole responsibility to get the police involved, but hers. People are screeching for him to take sides, have her back and even better call the police himself. Bullshit.
Offer your service as a witness and tell the whole story neutrally, even the details that don't support this narrative if it ever comes to it.

I can address individual statements from post to post, but ofc don't how many user take part in the line of arguments and who said what in an anonymous image board, genius.
>>
>>18284268
>>18285485 This is true, she can't. That's because if there is enough evidence to proceed and charges are filed, it isn't HER charging him. It's the STATE. Nigga do you even know what a DA is.
>>
>>18285484
It's actually an FBI statistic
>>
>>18285521
Cite it. Now.
>>
>>18285490
Aren't you a nurse or something, what the fuck do you even know?
>>
>>18285519
Oh man, don't even start moving your goalpost over to my side, you fucking coward. You've been talking to me, you've been arguing with ME, you're not gonna get a pass now that you realize how deep the hole you dig is.

Like I've been saying the entire time: you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, you sound like a moron, stop and listen. Now that you're listening, the rest will follow.
>>
>>18285507
Actual statement
>My roommate has been dating a girl
>I have never seen them fight
>A few nights ago I saw her passed out on the floor having a ziesure
>I told her boyfriend who paniked and closed the door
>I heard some loud noises
>I heard her scream what the fuck and what are you doing
>Then I think I heard the word rape come out but I'm not sure because I was listening to the TV really loudly since I was scared because I thought he was raping her
>I saw the door shake, open and close loudly, I went to my room and put a pillow on my head
>Later still in the living area, they sounded upset, she wanted to leave, then I think I may have heard running noises

Here is an idea,maybe she does drugs?
>>
>>18285540
Maybe dwarves and fairies came flying out of her butt and OP's roommate was fighting them off. You don't know!
>>
>>18285526
A few tech manuals on "how to preserve evidence on the scene of a sexual assault, how to take witness statements, police protocol in handling evidence, and how to testify in court in the event of a sexual assault". You?
>>
>>18285543
i mean, when you add the ziesure at the start it really seems more like they were fighting over her nasty drug use than anything else
>>
>>18285546
>a few manuals
oh boy, we have a fucking expert on the subject here dont we?
>>
>>18285547
Prove that OP's roommate wasn't saving his gf from the Loch Ness monster. Do it now.
>>
All these hobby detectives in this thread.
>>
>>18285549
I'm sure your extensive training and many degrees in the subject of sexual assault will allow you to clear this right up for us. Please, enlighten us, the unwashed and idiotic masses, from your study lined with many books and smelling of rich mahogany.
>>
>>18285549
Compared to a rape apologist from a vietnamese basked waving forum he sure is.
>>
>>18285552
so she was havig rape ziesures, was she overdosing on rape?
Something here doesnt add up and you know it
>>
>>18285549
Lol, literally yes. You massive lack of understanding on what I do doesn't make it any less expertise.

In fact, it kinda defines it.
>>
>>18285558
>His gf is extremely quiet but also incredibly nice, polite. She comes off as very pure.
The fact is, we don't know why she was vomiting and convulsing. We don't even know it was a seizure. But sure, you know all about it and can diagnose her as a drug addict from through your computer screen.

Perhaps you have a few negative experiences with drugs yourself? Or maybe just one too many DARE classes.
>>
>>18285556
actually i have no degree, just experience in the field
>>18285559
>You massive lack of understanding on what I do
shitposting while drinking wine and cuddling your three cats?
>>
>>18285411
Most underrated post ITT.
>>
Also, EMTbro here, it's not likely drugs. Not many street drugs give you seizures, and the drugs that DO aren't recreational. Even if she DID down a bunch of random seizure drugs, as I'm sure you'll point out could happen, she wouldn't wake up after a few minutes. If she woke up at all, it would be for a very short time before her liver gave out.
>>
>>18285561
>His gf is extremely quiet but also incredibly nice, polite. She comes off as very pure.
this doesnt mean shit
>The fact is, we don't know why she was vomiting and convulsing
we dont know why anything, is all speculation, only thing we know for certain is that something happenned and it was out of the ordinary (for op)
drug overdose isnt more crazy than rape, hell it makes more sense because it connects all the dots perfectly
>>
>>18285562
>actually i have no degree, just experience in the field
No shit? Are you the guy who thought calling the cops was the same as filing an indictment?
>>
>>18285570
no, i just date raped your mom
you should do something about her drinking, you are lucky she run into me, who knows what sorth of freaks are out there
>>
>>18285569
see
>>18285566
bzzt, try again.

Also, if she was OD'ing on drugs and the BF knew it, why wouldn't he call the cops? It doesn't explain shit about the sex sounds coming out of his room instead.
>>
>Like she had vomited and was convulsing. So I told her bf, and he started panicking. Then he closed the door.
And his first thought is "prime time for some ninja dicking!"
What the fuck
>>
>>18285575
its not likely drugs but it not more likely rape than drugs
Right now drugs make a lot more sense than she had a ziesure and was raped on her own vomit
Actually it is likely drgus if you take into account she vomited them
Go to the police op, they will get that drug addict in jail
>>
>>18285581
Behold, the logic of a dudebro in real time.
>>
>>18285582
behold i insult the opposittion with a known strawman no less when i cant think f anything to say since he is making a lot more sense than i am
>>
>>18285562
Fuck you man I only have one cat
>>
File: uhhuh.gif (814KB, 245x260px) Image search: [Google]
uhhuh.gif
814KB, 245x260px
>>18285587
You literally went from
>its not likely drugs but it not more likely rape than drugs
to
>Go to the police op, they will get that drug addict in jail
in 4 lines

But sure, you're making tons of sense. Yeah.
>>
>>18285592
because he demands all of your time since he is so special, you gave him the name you always wanted to give your son you never had and you secretly call him your boyfriend right?
>>
>>18285596
we agree, whats the problem here?
>>
Guys, the only dude who was actually arguing left in shame, this dude is just weak bait now that we're all riled up
>>
OP you're a coward. Your type is the reason we lose wars and criminals aren't punished. You are the lowest lifeform. A dog would have understood she needed to be defended.
>>
>>18285623
>Your type is the reason we lose wars
do we really lose wars?
>A dog would have understood she needed to be defended
a dog would have acted on instinct, dogs attack children
> criminals aren't punished
criminals arent punished because our legal system assumes its better to have 100 criminals walk free than a single innocent man end up imprisoned
>>
>>18285630
>do we really lose wars?
Someone has been skipping class
>a dog would have acted on instinct, dogs attack children
My point exactly
>criminals arent punished because our legal system assumes its better to have 100 criminals walk free than a single innocent man end up imprisoned
Not in this case no
>>
>>18285635
so he should have attacked a child?
>not in this case
what makes this case so special?
>>
>>18285630
>>18285630
>do we really lose wars?
The fuck do you call Vietnam? A rousing success?
>>
File: 1444248240276.jpg (151KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
1444248240276.jpg
151KB, 800x529px
>this thread
>>
>>18285639
a genocide?
>>
>>18285639
Vietnam was part of the ongoing war against Deep State.

>inb4 parroting liberal continues reciting from their UC Berkeley printouts
>>
File: 1462789381863.gif (870KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1462789381863.gif
870KB, 245x245px
Holy fuck 99% of the posts in this thread -no matter the side of the argument- are really fucking retarded. Congratulations, /adv/.
>>
>>18285637
You're drunk. You are not making some basic logical steps.
>>18285655
It's a classic bait spiral. Welcome to this site.
>>
>>18285664
nevermind, you are another underage poster
>>
>>18285645
So? Even by that standard it's a failure.
>>18285643
It's a failure by that standard too.
>>
>>18285655
Are you kidding, there's some top quality troll posts ITT.
>>
File: 1447798549025.jpg (53KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
1447798549025.jpg
53KB, 685x567px
If a dog fought released prisoners in Afghanistan could he have protected OP's girl from rape?
>>
>>18285507
This actually happened at a party girl was in another room screaming stop it get off me.

Being non feminized we assumed they were having an argument not a rape. Went to see what was up. Her drunk ass thought she needed a haircut. Bf was keeping her away from the sissors before she lost an eye.

The word rape "came out" means nothing to me.
Again OP knows nothing
>>
>>18285733
Wanna know how I know this wasn't rape?
>random, completely unrelated anecdote
There! Proof!
>>
>>18285748

Dude, innocent until proven otherwise not guilty until proven otherwise.
>>
File: autism.png (29KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
29KB, 112x112px
>>18284230
>YOU'RE
>>
>>18285795
This isn't Judge Judy, you stupid dickwad.
>>
>>18285803

What is it then?
'My millenial ~feelings~ matter more than the basic principals of western jurisdiction'?
>>
>>18285872
This isn't about feelings. A possible crime was committed and instead of leaving it up to the people whose JOB it is to investigate and make the final decision, a bunch of neckbeards on /adv/ think it's their job to act as lawyer, judge, and jury.

If you value the principLEs of Western jurisprudence so much, why the fuck are you so afraid of letting them work the way they're supposed to? After all, you value law and order, right?
>>
>>18285883

It's not his job to retroactively call the cops as well, maybe he could have done that during the act, but now it is too late for that. And you went a long way from 'There's no proof for it not being a crime, therefor it was a crime.' to maybe something happened.
>>
>>18285903
>>18285903
>It's not his job to retroactively call the cops as well, maybe he could have done that during the act, but now it is too late for that.
Uhh, no it isn't. That's not how these things work. Ever heard of the statute of limitations? It's from 3 to 30 years for rape.

It may not be his JOB, but it's the right thing to do. What the fuck happens to society if no one ever calls in crimes because "Eh fuck it, not my job"?

>you went a long way from 'There's no proof for it not being a crime, therefor it was a crime.' to maybe something happened.
I literally don't even know what you mean by this.

Let me recap how this conversation went for you.
>YOU: There's zero proof that a crime occurred
>ME: *lists things from the OP verbatim indicating that a crime likely did occur*
>YOU: It couldn't have been rape bc this one time I saw a fight at a party and it wasn't rape
>ME: That's irrelevant
>YOU: Innocent until proven guilty!
>ME: This isn't a courtroom
>YOU: What is it then? Is this about your feelings?
>ME: No, it's about a likely crime that should be investigated by professionals

At no point did I say it WAS DEFINITIVELY a crime. I was making fun of you for continually insisting it wasn't because we don't have enough proof to say a crime happened.

We'll never know if a crime happened, because no one will ever investigate it, because somehow just calling the cops is equivalent to convicting and sentencing the guy in court.
>>
File: image.jpg (168KB, 555x644px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168KB, 555x644px
>>18284180
You can't rape your gf/wife/so, op.
>>
>>18285929
US Supreme Court disagrees
>>
>>18285903
Not the guy you're arguing with, but the very least he could do is talk to the girl and ask if she needs help. If it's all a big misunderstanding, he could figure that out pretty quickly by talking to someone who was actually involved rather than 4chan.

You have to admit it sounds bad. Of course it's possible he misunderstood what he heard, but that doesn't mean it's impossible that the girl really did get raped. That's why you ask questions and investigate shit rather than making an assumption in either direction
>>
Bros before hoes just let him know you got his back
>>18284196
Don't listen to this cuck
>>
>>18285883
Shes a grown woman. She knows if she was raped. If she was, then she reports it. It's her body, her choice. Stop the white knighting. You people are convicting a man of a crime when there is no victim. Let them live their lives. OP missed the chance to do anything when he turned up his stereo instead of simply saying "Hey guys, is everything ok?"
>>
>>18285945
>convicting a man of a crime
Calling the cops is a conviction now, guys. Take note!
>>
>>18285925
You actually have a obligation to NOT report """crimes""" if the law that """crime"""" violates is unethical and immoral like the one where it's illegal to have sex with your partner described in the op
>>
>>18285951
/pol9k/ pls go
>>
>>18284180
Consent for sex was already given when she entered into the romantic relationship
>>
>>18285947
The post you're referencing is talking about the way we're prejudging a man based on OP's story alone. Is deliberately misinterpreting people your hobby or something?

>>18285938
OP has no bro connection to speak of. If OP is 100% honest then the other dude is not a bro; otherwise OP is not a bro.

>>18285935
Intervening in a DV situation has a tendency to result in both sides (abuser and abused) ganging up to attack the one who intervenes. If it's a matter for the police then talk to the police. Roommates don't solve these kinds of problems with their own hands.

>>18285903
Witnessing a crime and failing to report can be seen as a crime in itself, depending on location (hourly reminder that laws aren't universally the same everywhere.) In the very least, knowing but hiding is a sign of foul play.

>>18285883
/adv/ does not value law and order. Every single thread where OP accuses rape/abuse/sex-impropriety is a kangaroo court.
>>
>>18285961
I wrote both >>18285947 and >>18285883.

It's funny, because this
>Every single thread where OP accuses rape/abuse/sex-impropriety is a kangaroo court.
is exactly what I was pointing out by writing >>18285947. Are you going to honestly pretend you aren't familiar with the bullshit fear-mongering "can't call the cops, you can't prove anything therefore innocent until proven guilty" thing where dudebros pretend that even saying something questionable happened is equivalent to convicting a guy in a court of law?

This is exactly the problem.

And this
>Intervening in a DV situation has a tendency to result in both sides (abuser and abused) ganging up to attack the one who intervenes. If it's a matter for the police then talk to the police. Roommates don't solve these kinds of problems with their own hands.
is exactly what I've been arguing this whole time. But good luck getting through to these knuckleheads who just want to look the other way and pretend there's nothing to see here.
>>
>>18284198
>slam the door
>turn the volume up
>W-why won't she talk to me?
She, much like most people on here see you as just an accomplice. She thinks you will defend him, which is what you're doing pretty much by inventing so many excuses as to why you SHOULDN'T help a girl who you stood by and listened to get raped.
>if she wants to stay with someone who raped her that's her business
Kill yourself. There are a million reasons not to do anything and you came up with that? Its her fault now dude?
>>
>>18286034
>There are a million reasons not to do anything and you came up with that? Its her fault now dude?

Not him, but I am a fan of adult, sane people being responsible for themselves as well. OP should have checked while the act was in progress and maybe even physically defended her (if his assumption was true), but he didn't and now it is a different story entirely. What happened (or didn't happen) happened and she seems to decide not to file any charges and stay in her relationship, that's dysfunctional one way or the other.

Before you get triggered, I wouldn't have any more understanding for a man staying with a woman, who ~presumeably~ abuses him.
>>
>>18285981
>dudebros pretend that even saying something questionable happened is equivalent to convicting a guy in a court of law?
Rape is a little different than most crimes in this respect, though. The reason people are so touchy about it, on both sides of the issue, is because it's extremely difficult to prove. Especially in a situation like this where the rapist & the victim are in a relationship. You can obtain evidence that they had rough sex, but when it comes to the question of consent, it's her word against his 98% of the time.

That's why everyone gets so paranoid about this. It just comes down to who the jury/judge chooses to believe. An innocent person can get convicted on a false accusation, and a guilty person can go free without facing consequences, labeling the accuser as a liar even if it really happened.

This case is much, much more solid than most, because OP at least overheard them. But he still doesn't actually know what happened in that room. This shit is not easy.

Based on OP's story, if I had to make a guess, I'd agree with you that the most likely explanation was that her boyfriend raped her. But that's just a guess. I honestly feel that the best course of action would be to find a private moment to talk to the girl and ask if she's OK, before getting the police involved. I really feel that it would be a mistake to call the police on your friend & housemate without making any effort to understand the situation. Asking the roommate would be pointless, because if he is guilty he'd either lie or say "none of your business." But if she's looking for a way out of a bad situation, OP might be able to get through to her.
>>
AM I IN FUCKING TUMBLR OR REDDIT? WHY THE FUCK SHOULD OP GIVE A SHIT ABOUT A WHORE?
>>
>>18286131
Because feminists want the exact opposite of what they condition males to be.

Chivalry is dead, tragic case of seventeen knife wounds to the back. Reminds me of Cologne where the German men sat back and watched while all the women were raped by migrants. When they were asked why they did nothing the answer on the street was "we didn't want to be arrested for hate crimes against migrants."

The answer on the internet was "we have nothing to do with those women."

Then when mobs Russians were beating the shit out of would-be rapists, what they had to say was "this isn't Cologne."
>>
>>18286142
Dude, helping out another human being in distress isn't chivalry. It's called being a decent person, if that's beyond you
>because "feminism"
you need to reevaluate your life.
>>
>>18286080
>>18286080
>That's why everyone gets so paranoid about this. It just comes down to who the jury/judge chooses to believe. An innocent person can get convicted on a false accusation, and a guilty person can go free without facing consequences, labeling the accuser as a liar even if it really happened.
Listen, I get all that. I really, really do. But statistically speaking, one of those is much, MUCH more likely to happen. Dudebros usually argue it's the first. Women know it's the second. The evidence is beyond on their side for that, too.

I don't even disagree with your assessment of the situation. It's a tough thing to navigate. It's probably what I would do, desu. But I think it's important not to get it twisted as to why this is such a touchy subject. The fact is it's incredibly, incredibly rare for an innocent guy to go to jail for rape, but it's incredibly common for a guilty guy to walk free. It's why people are so frequently talking past each other, because one side sees that and the other side is just scared to death beyond what the facts would dictate if they looked at them objectively.
>>
>>18286161
>all dem insult tactics
>all dem fake rules

If you don't want to be ignored while you're getting Culturally Enriched, then don't live in a place where the local women and local men are collectively divorced from each other. Central Europe and US blue states are out.
>>
>>18286172
Nice fairy tale. Also nice technicality too, you might be cut out for working in law.

False accusations don't usually go to criminal courts, because criminal courts are required to follow due process. False accusations usually go to local administrators who can rubber-stamp a verdict and penalty without one second of human effort put into investigation.

Now you wankers know why OP ran and hid - doing anything else puts your ass on the chopping block next.
>>
>>18286183
>False accusations usually go to local administrators who can rubber-stamp a verdict and penalty without one second of human effort put into investigation.
... the fuck are you even talking about? Not even joking. Literally what?
>>
>>18286192
What he's saying is college campuses will throw someone out of school on an accusation, rather than proof.
>>
>>18286195
... but that's not a court of law. Colleges also throw people out for doing drugs, drinking, or cheating on tests. That's not even in the same universe as being made a felon for the rest of your life or going to jail.
>>
>>18286172
I agree, but what you're ignoring about this particular situation is that the girl has not actually accused him of rape. It's not even "her word vs. his" at this point, it's OP's imagination vs. a closed door. He thinks he heard her say the word "rape," but he also saw her vomiting and convulsing in a way that would suggest she was heavily intoxicated on something.

One way or another, it sounds bad, but this is why he really needs to ask her what's up before he calls the cops on her behalf. If she says "he raped me," it would confirm everything OP thinks he heard, and he'd be crazy not to believe her and back her up. But she hasn't said that, and there could be many other explanations for the struggle OP overheard that night.
>>
>>18286172

You are a fucking retard. If the state can't prove that a person is guilty with all their resources they have what makes you think that you or any feminist retard can tell most of the people that win their case are guilty.
>>
>>18286236
Too young to remember OJ?

As for the rest of your comment, you need to simmer down and repost, because there's way too many words in there that don't make sense in that order for me to have any idea what tf you're saying.
>>
>>18286233
>I agree, but what you're ignoring about this particular situation is that the girl has not actually accused him of rape.
I'm not, though. That's why I said I agreed with your assessment of the situation. No need to fight just to fight, it seems like we're basically on the same side here. I was talking more generally anyway.

>he also saw her vomiting and convulsing in a way that would suggest she was heavily intoxicated on something.
This is a pretty big extrapolation on your part. The EMTbro said earlier this is extremely unlikely, that convulsions don't really result from recreational drugs unless you're already past the point of intoxication where your liver is shutting down, in which case you're dying unless you get to a hospital.
>>
>>18286131
This is why shit like blue whale challenge and cuckcoldry exist, this kind of people. calling a whore someone who couldnt defend herself, and is traumaticed. "let the abusive keep abusing", you disgust me.

Its real the cancer of this world are not really the bad guys, but the ones who can do something about it and simply dont care
>>
File: image.jpg (423KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
423KB, 640x1136px
>>18286262
TRIGGERED
GO BACK TO YOUR TUMBLR YOU SNOWFLAKES

CAPTCHA: FREE HELICOPTER RIDES FOR YOU SJWS
>>
so these are the virtue signaling faglords I see all the time

bunch of pussies
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.