[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation Posture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: meditationposture.png (13KB, 1070x871px) Image search: [Google]
meditationposture.png
13KB, 1070x871px
This is a crapshoot asking on /adv/, but I need advice with my meditation posture. I meditate for 25-30 minutes a day, and inevitably a few things occur each time. My head either leans forward or tilts aaaaall the way back until I'm staring at the ceiling, my spine loses its straightness, and my legs feel bulky and uncomfortable (Indian position). For an illustration, see pic related.

I can start off well, but once my muscles relax, I can't help but sliding into the shitty posture. How do I prevent this?
>>
>>18283937
I kind of have the same problem. It takes a little effort for me to keep good posture, and that effort makes it tough for me to focus on my breathing. Haven't quite figured out a solution but here's a video about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=941wJzj4C5Y
>>
>>18283960
Meh, not quite keen on using a chair when I blew $50 on a zafu. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Honestly, I feel I might be doing it totally wrong. Normally I tilt my pelvis forward to the extent that it's upright, but it doesn't lock into place, and logically falls into a slouch as the meditation progresses. The alternative I've found is to meditate with your pelvis forward enough so that it sort of locks into place and there's not any momentum bringing you down. It's tricky because it feels as if you're hunching your back when you do this, and it's hard to maintain it. I'll give it a try next time at least.
>>
>>18283976
Stick your gut out and lean forward more than you think you need to. also make sure your knees are planted on the ground, else you need to go back to hatha yoga.
>>
>>18283937
I just keep my back against the wall so i have a point of reference and it helps me sit up straight
>>
do some yoga every day (basic stuff , mind, nothing contortionist), that will help loads.

keep at least one knee firmly on the ground and place the other on your calf (don't overdo it and try half lotus just yet). get a towel, roll it up and place it under the knee that's left mid-air and adjust posture as necessary. that ought to sort it out. shouldn't be too much discomfort and will be a bit more stable than sitting tailor-style.
>>
i always meditate laying down. it's simply the best way i can fully concentrate.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.