[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Veterinary needed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20170503_200137.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170503_200137.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Do you know what my dog have in his ears and what to put on the wound.
>>
Your dog is allergic to something. Most likely food or something in your house.

Think of things youve changed recently around the time he developed the ear issue.
>>
Mites. That brown stuff is a mixture of dirt and their shit. Pic related, a dog with a less severe case than yours.

God this poor dog's ears are filthy. Floppy ears must be cleaned.

Take it to the vet to get the appropriate medication, over the counter ear mite stuff doesn't work.
>>
>>18283874
Seconding this. It's probably mites. You need medicated drops.
>>
How are you so sure?
>>
>>18283839
Looks like mites or fungus. They sell mites treatment for cheap at the pet store. I treated my pups fungus with neem. It's extremely safe and sold in Indian grocery stores. I just dipped a qtip in neem and rubbed inside gently.
>>
>>18283883
Because I worked for vets for ~8 years on and off and one of the biggest causes of ear issues were mites.

It is also something most vets do during yearly physical exams.

On the small chance it is not, the dog's ears are inflamed enough to warrant a visit to the vet.

Especially before they start to shake their heads in discomfort and burst blood vessels in the outer ear, then you'd have another issue causing even more expense.

General office visit plus diagnosis (they just have to look in the ears) shouldn't run you more than a $60ish base, plus $20 for meds, depending.

On the rare chance it is allergies (or both, I've seen dogs allergic to ear mites so it compounds the issue), they will likely want to do a cortisone shot.
>>
>>18283892
Yes, there are OTC fungal treatments. Mites aren't fungus

OTC isn't recommended for ear mites due to most of them having pyrethriens, which many modern day mites have evolved resistance to. Prescription ear mite stuff is dirt cheap from the vet, like less than $10
http://m.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvetted/2009/january/ear-mites-gone-wild-6696

I also wouldn't recommend using a fungal wash from an Indian supermarket...you can get them at pet shops for cheap.
>>
I'm a vet and I confirm what the other anons said. It's probably mites, but it could be fungus, or just a dirty ear with allergies in the mix.
>>
If it ends up being fungus or allergies, you can get this stuff:
https://www.amazon.com/Pet-King-Enzymatic-Solution-Ounces/dp/B0025YOJXS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493859746&sr=8-1&keywords=zymox+ear

My dog has food allergies and every once in a while he gets ear infections, and this hydro cortisone ointment does the trick. It says to use it for like a week but with my dog it works after using just once. I put it in his ear and the next day he's good.
>>
>>18283839
Your dog will hate this, but pour some olive oil in your hand, rub it into your fingers, and work your fingers into his ear, firmly, but gently. The oil with help loosen the shit in his ears, and soothe them a bit. He'll shake his head like mad for a bit when you're done. Be warned.
>>
Use a q tip and vinegar water to clean the ears.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.