[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self Improvement > Guide me through this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1492715847822.jpg (47KB, 620x515px) Image search: [Google]
1492715847822.jpg
47KB, 620x515px
I want to change. I've thought this many times, and I'm never able to do so because I simply don't know how.

I live at home with my parents, and I will soon move abroad to keep studying. I don't know how to fill my days until then, I feel like I don't have hobbies anymore. Videogames and books don't fill me like before, and surfing the internet the whole day doesn't seem healthy.

I want to improve, to read new educative books, to enjoy back videogames. Also, what do you think a functional adult should use and know nowadays? Lifehacks are always interesting, as well as useful apps.
>>
Things that are always handy:
>Learn to repair stuff
>Learn how money works
>Learn a new language
>Learn to use tools such a s Photoshop, Premier, Sony Vegas
>>
File: 1468332067498.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1468332067498.gif
1MB, 320x213px
I began reading the first paragraph and skimmed the rest after reading "I've thought about this many times."

You need to stop over thinking. Just pick something to do every day for an hour. Maybe learning a language, maybe exercise, maybe reading, idk. Something improvement-y. A big part of the improvement mindset is taking ACTION, not thinking about it.

Doesn't matter right now what the thing you chose is, as long as you commit 1 hr a day for two weeks. Then, THEN, start thinking about what to do and when.

Now get started
>>
>>18283426
Check out actualized.org
>>
>>18283426
Go to /fit/ and read the sticky
Going to gym requires time, good sleeping patterns and better eating habits .
But if you do it all you see clear results which is very motivating
>>
>>18283426
If you're moving to another country to study, then you'll soon have much less free time. Consider the moving date your deadline. Stop thinking and actually DO things! Go to places, try different food, read some books.

If you keep going back to video games, then you're simply afraid of trying new things, which is a strange idea since you're willing to move to another country to study.

Also note that after you've moved away from your parents and had experience in another country, your perspective will likely change :)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.