[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My GF found out her dog that she gave away years ago died at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: akuma bling dab.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
akuma bling dab.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
My GF found out her dog that she gave away years ago died at the age of 11 and keeps crying about it like she just lost a relatives.
She went on a little after-work date and she kept crying in public at the restaurant. It was embarrassing and annoying because she's 30 years old crying in public like a child with people looking at her.
She has the AUDACITY to get mad at me for being annoyed and "unsympathetic". I held her but my face clearly looked annoyed when she started crying for the 5th time. I didn't know what else to do besides hold her. What, tell her "you'll get a new dog!"?

What do I say? She's now angry texting me because of my cold reaction and me telling her the reason why I looked annoyed was because I don't think adults should cry in public. When I see people cry in public I think "Dramatic", "Drunk", "Drug addict", "Mentally Ill" or something absolutely terrible happened.
>>
>>18282573
Youre a moron, OP. You should have just hugged her. Don't you know women are emotional?? If I was her I would break up with you! Emotions dont usually follow logic. Just support her. She's a hormonal mess, commonly referred to as homo sapiens sapiens female.
>>
I'm not going to tell you to break up with her, nobody ever comes here looking for that answer, but just ignore her and let her make an ass out of herself. If she has any sense of shame she'll apologize later.
>>
>>18282579
>Don't you know women are emotional?

Retard. People act like children when they get treated like children. It's a cycle.
>>
bizarre. is she otherwise borderline nutjob? if yes, walk away.
>>
You should break up with her and let her find someone who might love her. Mocking her for having emotions (which she can't control) behind her back shows you don't really care for her and you're both wasting your time.
>>
>>18282602
You don't think crying in public over a dog you haven't owned for years isn't just a liiittle melodramatic?
>>
>>18282582
>Retard.
Namecalling is very adult, yes indeed.

OP's girl is just hormonal and women REALLY love dogs. Things men will never understand, and I don't understand it, but I know it's the case.
>>
>>18282579
But I did! I held her while she cried and every time afterwards while we were trying to enjoy our dinner.

My face looked clearly blank/annoyed and I got silent so she's mad about this and kept asking me why I reacted the way I did so I told her that adults don't cry in public.

My dad died suddenly last year and I did not cry in public at all except at the funeral. I'm depressed over it still but any time I've felt an urge to cry it was at home or in a bathroom stall but I would never spoil a good vibe over my personal losses.

>>18282580
yeah kinda can't just break up with her since we've been dating for a year now. Really trying to keep myself from calling her and blowing up in a rage because she sent the "goodnight" text and said I should be sorry. It's she's trying to get me to offend her more with my views on public crying.

>>18282596
>bizarre. is she otherwise borderline nutjob?
Sometimes yeah with the stupid shit she picks to start arguments over.
>>
>>18282607
It is but that's who she is. If you can't accept it, it may simply be time to move on. You'll never change her to be "less emotional" so what exactly are you hoping for anyone here to tell you?
>>
>>18282611
>My face looked clearly blank/annoyed and I got silent so she's mad about this and kept asking me why I reacted the way I did so I told her that adults don't cry in public.
You're wrong. Adults do cry in public, especially women. You're more worried about how strangers perceive you than loving and supporting your woman.
>>
>>18282611
>My face looked clearly blank/annoyed and I got silent so she's mad about this and kept asking me why I reacted the way I did so I told her that adults don't cry in public.
THIS was your problem. Just let her emotions fade out.

>My dad died suddenly last year and I did not cry in public at all except at the funeral.
You're a guy, she's a woman. Whatever libtards want you to believe the sexes work differently! Do some research since youre so bothered by it.
>>
>>18282573
Your in the right Op.

If it was a dog she owns now I'd kind of understand, though publicly crying is still strange. A dog she gave away years ago is different. Its not rven her dog at this point.
>>
>>18282573
Wow, what a cold bunch of loveless bastards on here hahaha. Bottom line is she was legitimately upset, and you only thought of yourself and your image I'm public and likely surrounded by a bunch of people you didn't even know.... Emm asshole much? People get attached to animals, some more than others. What do you even want? If she's sense she will leave you
>>
>>18282582
Guy/Girl was right you know? You cant expect other people (especially women) to think like you / view a situation in such an objective manner. Some people cant control their emotions, as well as you can. However whay you surely cannot expect is for women to think like you. First they re women, meaning points of view will be different, second they re not you. Try to think of it as complementing each other if you will...
If not, then do you wanna get laid? Right, then do as all men do, and just
Hug when she cries, and say some emotional bla bla...
For you bla bla, but fir her it means the world, since she ll know she has someobe who understands, and is with her jn time of need. Probably where all that anger is coming from (you need being there for her emotionally)
And if you cant understand that, then understand that she s probably putting up with some of your garbage, whereas you put up with some of hers....
Plus if you truly want such a calculated woman, go marry Angela Merkel..but...yeah
>>
>>18282624
>If it was a dog she owns now I'd kind of understand, though publicly crying is still strange. A dog she gave away years ago is different. Its not rven her dog at this point.
My gf cried when we watched Hachiko. And that dog wasnt even real! I repeat: Women REALLY REALLY REALLY love dogs. Just accept it, but don't try to understand. It doesnt matter for them, if it's theirs or not.
>>
File: 1482608084045.png (8KB, 687x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482608084045.png
8KB, 687x450px
>>18282609
Dogs fucking suck.
>>18282611
yeah kinda can't just break up with her since we've been dating for a year now.

I mean, you *can* but you probably want to try to work this out somehow. She IS goading you which leads me to think she's just a petty child but you would just be just as bad if you flipped out at her over it.

Also consider you're harboring a little unecessary aversion to crying or showing emotions in public, I think you should show some restraint, but you shouldn't worry how people look at you after you've lost a parent.

Maybe the other anon was right in the sense that you and your gf are really different from each other in the way you express yourselves - this can be turned into a good thing, and you can balance each other out, but only if you're both willing to grow up a little.
>>
>>18282611
Then break up with her and let her be with someone half decent. Just because you're a stoic goddamn manly man doesn't mean she has to be. People feel and react in different ways and if you can't accept that then drop her and go back to fucking a pillow.
>>
holy fuck you guys are blind, how do you relate to people at all

heres whats up
1) she feels like she wasn't a responsible person for this dog, she feels like it was her duty.

she is likely wondering if she could've given doggo a better life, if doggo would've lived longer; it's a maternal like burden.

2) that dog passing is symbolic of the frame time that has passed.

she is likely lamenting getting older, change, and how things in her life come and go.

she is likely considering other things in her life on this note; perhaps parents or grandparents; considering if she is doing right by them in correspondence to pt 1
>>
>>18282631
Doh, meant to greentext.
>>
>>18282633
Nice post, anon. Can't argue with that. OP should support her gf like a man. OP you suck, officially.
>>
>>18282611
>Sometimes yeah with the stupid shit she picks to start arguments over.
Called shit tests, I'm afraid to say. This could be the beginning of a bad ending. But let's keep positive. Avoid taking these arguments rationally (beta mode): they're not. There may be something else going on and if you want to stay together you'll have to find out what that is (or if she really is borderline syndrome).

obviously the women and poucci-bois here are shilling for muh emotions and shit, but it might be time also to develop a bit of empathy (not saying you have to cry or anything).

keep us posted (i have a strong feeling you will)
>>
Imagine what a asshole you look liked holding your gf crying while having a disgusted look on your face. I mean since your appearance to total strangers matters to you more than your gf at least do it right, idiot.
>>
>>18282639
>OP should support her gf like a man.

It's not manly to support someone when they're acting stupid ... The crying is one thing but blowing up his phone over it is incredibly immature.
>>
>>18282641
T H I S
H
I
S

OP you are a moron.
>>
Idk I assume that most of the time she has a lot going for her since you've dated her for a year. It does seem like a pretty huge overreaction to me too but at the same time I fee like everyone is occasionally retarded over dumb shit and you should just give her some time and work a little harder on supporting her through even dumb shit.

Either accept that she has this flaw or break up with her
>>
>>18282643
Okay, anon and OP, just keep doing that and see how it goes for you... It's not my problem.
>>
>>18282651
It works for me, I can find the balance between having emotions and being melodramatic. Hell I cry all the time at fucking dumb shit, but I am usually laughing at how stupid it is to cry at the same time.
>>
>>18282633
>>18282611
op

listen up because i'm about to spit you the hottest fuckin wisdom you will hear in this thread of 'hurr women' beta posters

when you're alone, you hug her, hold her real close
you say to her
"Hey, you're really worrying me, you know that? You've been crying a lot recently, and maybe I just don't understand, but I'm not convinced it's just about the dog. Is there something else going on? Talk to me, help me understand."

it's not enough to just put up with it
be emotionally available.
>>
>never loved an animal: the thread
>>
>everyone has had a stroke that shot their frontal lobes and emotional centers: the thread
>>
File: enhanced-31691-1446157392-1.jpg (70KB, 469x537px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-31691-1446157392-1.jpg
70KB, 469x537px
>>18282669
>>18282656
>>
>>18282656
>>18282669
>you're all nazis: the posts
>>
>>18282681
>you sound like wall street journal: OP
>>
What's with all the bait on /adv/ today? A lot more than usual.
>>
>>18282573
>woman gets emotional because she has a vagina
>you get all obstinate instead of just helping her ride it out
You sound like a real catch
>>
>>18282843
>it is acceptable for a fully grown 30 year old person to act like a spineless small child because she has a vajayjay, has no responsibility for her actions and just can't gosh darn help it :'''(

You can not seriously respect someone who acts like this.
>>
>>18282800
IT'S SUMMEEEEEER
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.