[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skipping an art final

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170213_104525.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_104525.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
I guess the combination of having a desk job, art, and writing a shitton of notes for anatomy screwed up my right hand. I am in a lot of pain and haven't had a chance to see a physical therapist yet but i have set up an appointment. This happened around finals week. My art professor is generally a nice person, but he won't let me skip the art final (I emailed him Sunday night). I finished the art projects I've had, but he never said anything about letting me skip it. If he refuses to let me skip it, who can I contact to prevent it from screwing up my GPA? I liked the class but I can't risk it fucking up my hand even more. As much as I want to power through it, I can't. He saw me in a wrist bracenter and elbow brace, but I guess he doesn't care.
>>
>>18281244
You knew you had a problem. You should have told him sooner than a few days ago. A doctor's note is required for situations like this. You need to ask him if he will let you take an alternative final (such as a research paper) if you can provide a doctor's note tomorrow. If he says yes, then you need to get your ass to the doctor and get that note. An urgent care, ER or some other doctor that can take you same day.

Sorry dude but that's the price you gotta pay. He's in the right in this case. You should have addressed this a lot sooner.
>>
>>18281244
How is your hand involved?
>>
>>18281249
I actually could not because I didn't realize the extent of the damage until last Wednesday and figured a few days of rest would have fixed it. I was concerned about my gums until last week because they're fucked up (and had to spend my "off" days to get treatment). I only have one day off (even then it's used for studying). I'm not going to visit an e.r. for an overuse injury. I don't know where you live but a strep-throat induced headache cost me 500 after my insurance paid 2500 (it was to the point where I couldn't do anything for hours).

>>18281250
Because I have to draw with my hands. I've actually tried using my left but I don't have enough dexterity
>>
>>18281310
Do you have to met certain technical criteria or is it subjective?
>>
>>18281345
AFAIK he does have some technical criteria but he's a bit lenient.
>>
Probably just over worked and it should be fine after giving it some rest after finals. You could also get painkillers and hope it's enough. Did you look up carpal tunnel stretches? Or RSI?
>>
>>18281443
Well maybe he just want you to make something applying what you learn on class not just the technical stuff or the final project it's required by school policy, im sure he is aware of your situation and will grade you accordingly .
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.