[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does a military officer get paid? Seems like a dumb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: How-I-imagine-9gag-veterans.jpg (66KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
How-I-imagine-9gag-veterans.jpg
66KB, 700x525px
How much does a military officer get paid? Seems like a dumb question, I know. But I've looked around and I can't seem to get a definite answer. I'm not looking for a specific branch as most pay about the same for the same rank according to the sources I looked at. Why I'm asking is because there's such a big disparity between sources. Some say $30k some say $60k some say $100k and I just want to know which is right, and if a military career is a good one financially speaking.
>>
My nephew goes to West Point so he's technically in the military and he gets paid shit. It's like a couple hundred bucks a week. I can only assume some idiot in the regular army gets paid similar if not less despite possibly having to be put in harms way.

The military is not a career for someone like you though. You're going to hate it and you're going to make less than someone at Taco Bell but you'll be living in conditions that probably don't agree with what you're used to. So you're better off just working fast food and working your way up. That's a career you can handle, maybe.
>>
>>18280678
When you go to West point you are only technically in the military. The pay you get is not military pay, but a stipend to help get you through school.
>>
>>18280678
If your nephew is attending west point he's a cadet, not actually in service. Not even in the military. That is an allowance.
>>18280632
It depends on rank and time in service. There are a plethora of pay grade charts out there, dont be a lazy faggot
>>
>>18280632
>can't seem to get a definite answer
You're a moron. Every pay chart is the same.
http://militarybenefits.info/2017-military-pay-charts/
>>
>>18280683
>>18280690
I was being flippant while also pointing out that OP is worthless and not worth jack shit basically.
>>18280691
That's why I suggested fast food. OP is a moron.
>>
>>18280691
>>18280690
If you say every chart is the same then you obviously spent less than two seconds looking this up.

I have checked and as I stated in my post, sources like the government say $30-60k, others like Glassdoor say $60-100k
>>
>>18280708
According to every 2017 military pay chart, the government says an O-1 makes $3k/mo, so the lowest yearly salary for an officer is $36k and it goes well beyond $100k further down the road. Whatever glassdoor says is irrelevant, the pay scales are public information decided by the national yearly budget.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.