[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why even live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>be a 23 yo manchild
>still live at home
>still go to university and have 2 years until degree
>be undisciplined as fuck
>be lazy as fuck

How do I bring myself to get shit done?
I want better grades but always say "tomorrow".
How to establish a routine?(not just learning but also sorts and general chores)

Please help.
>>
Meant to say sports instead of sorts.
>>
>>18280618
>decide to improve
>actually try
>probably fail
>feel a little more content because trying was hard
>get fed up again
Repeat until you succeed.

Seriously though you just have to want to improve.
Right now you want improvement, but you don't want to do what it takes to achieve it.
You have to want to do the work. Either you get to that point or you stay complacent and pathetic.

Fabulous is an app. It holds your hand through basic healthy habit formation.
Other apps such as Habitica rely on you to assign your own tasks, set your own goals and hold yourself accountable for following through. You level up and get in-"game" items for getting shit done.
If you're not into using these then just do it in a notebook.

Also get a notebook either way and write in it often. Lay out your thoughts, feelings, goals, accomplishments, etc. for self-critique and progress tracking.

Good luck.
>>
>>18280805
Thanks Anon, will do.
>>
>>18280618
Massive change is just a whole lot of small changes over time.

I would recommend picking one thing at a time to improve about your life, and do something every day to improve it. CONSISTENTLY.

Be kind to yourself while changing. It's easier to consistently do 1 small then try to do several large things.
>>
>>18280618
I'm similar to you, at least I think. What got me going and started on a better path was a swift kick in the ass. It might not come for you, but for me it was failing a course thrice, even though with some study I could have aced it. I kicked myself over it a lot because it was an easy course, but I just could not bring myself to study. I felt stupid, really inferior to everyone around me. Most of my life I was told I was gifted, and I certainly received a good education all my life. So failing a course that others who I thought were less than me could nail really fucked me up.

At the same time my dad lost his job and we had to cut back on spending in a big way. We went from living in a $1.5 million house, to a 2 bedroom apartment simply because renting out the house was the only way to stay afloat.
I know there are people who aren't fortunate enough to be able to do that, and I realize that I'm still in a good position since I'm still able to study and live well, but it was a pretty big shift in how I experienced life.
>>
>>18280618
>>18280829
(cont)

At least for me this kind of thing made me change my perspective on things a lot. I'm not gonna feed you bullshit like "keep trying" and "force yourself to do things" because I've heard it all before and it never really connected with me. I understood what it meant, and I tried to do it, but I simply couldn't, or didn't want to. The only way to change is to really come up with it yourself. A lot of advice people give is really good, but unless you come up with it yourself it won't really connect. I simply realized one day that I could do all this studying and good grades stuff, and it really isn't that hard. I'd heard that before, but it was until I realized this myself that I was able to do it.
If you take anything from my story please let it be that you have to realize things for yourself. Asking for advice is a good starting point, it shows that you're starting to get there I think. Just remember that only you can come up with a way to fix yourself, no one else can tell you that. Anyways, I'm just another poor sod on the internet, so take my stuff with a grain of salt.
>>
>>18280834
That's sorta true with me and social anxiety. I read heaps of generic advice over and over, but then I heard the same advice explained differently - and in depth , then I 'understood' exactly what the problem was and why I had to change it. Now I'm pretty much happy to socialize with random and have fun doing it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.