[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fear of death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

I keep thinking about dying and I can't stop thinking about it. I have a huge fear of dying and am extremely scared of the fact that there will be nothing. That my mind will just be ''gone'' is the most scary thing I can ever imagine. I'm not religious and I don't believe there is anything after death.

I believe we are just animals with the unfortunate capability to realise that our life will end some day. Everything I do during the way makes me think ''what's the point, I'm gonna die anyway''. It's not that I'm scared of dying tomorrow or in 20 years from now, it's the fact that I'm going to die no matter what happens.

I can feel my cheekbones and my jaw and it's freaking me the fuck out that my skeleton will be just that, a skeleton, in 100 years or earlier.

How the fuck do I stop these thoughts (inb4 kill yourself) and does anyonre else experience this?
>>
File: 1470961469313.jpg (40KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1470961469313.jpg
40KB, 460x345px
>>18279969
Had the same issue awhile back, i just settled with the idea that were here to die eventually so why not be the best version of yourself while im hoping to be rememed to be a great memory to some of the people i met.
>>
>>18279969
Hi OP.
I'm also terrified of desth but several things comfort me.
- That we are going to die, so it makes every single moment amazing, and fuck worrying about it, because we shouldn't spoil what we have.
- You were not alive for billions of years before you were born
- I have a deterministic theory about the universe, that when the universe starts to implode, the big bang will happen again, and you will live your life again, made out of the same atoms.
>>
>>18279994
It just seems there is not enough time. Why the fuck was I born in this specific period of history? Why am I not allowed to experience 100 years in the past or future?

I've looked into buddism and shit but everytime my mind goes : YOU'RE GOING TO DIE ANYWAY SO IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER

I'm having trouble enjoy simple things in life because I keep thinking well I'm one minute closer to death then I was before.
>>
>>18279969
The nothingness is comforting in my opinion.
>>
>>18280002
I envy you. I would trade all my possesions and everything that I love to be able to think like you.
>>
>>18279998
Look at the different side of the spectrum, thats what you should do, Yeah where going to die eventually so what matter now?

You have two options now:
overcome this mentality and do all the kickass things you can think about because where gone die anyway

OR

Die sobbing
>>
>>18279997
I'm going to sound like an asshole but your theory (along with every other religion) always just sounds like people comforting themselves. Religion was probably created by people exactly like me simply because they were so fucking scared of dying.

>You were not alive before being born
That thought scares me too. The nothingness is the most frightening to me. And I can't turn it back. I am NOW. I realise I am NOW. And I can't be forever.

Fuck the way my mind works seriously.
>>
my secret is not think about it,
getting distracted by the things that makes me happy, working hard trying to get'em and when its inevitable, planning how i want to die.
i want to leave something behind, good values, good rememberings on peoples heads,if i had kids, they will be better than me. maybe doing something great professionally too. its reconforting thinking that way.
>>
>>18280004
Just think, no more work, no more alarm clock, no more traffic, no more time management, no more worrying about stepping on people's toes, no more family obligations, no news stories, no car trouble, no doctors visits, no dentist, no dirty glasses, no fucking bills, no worries.

It's so comforting that at any given time if I fuck things up bad enough and ruin my life that I can always kill myself.
>>
>>18280013
I think I just have to keep repeating that to myself. But seriously how the fuck is not everyone extremely scared all the time ?
>>
>>18280018
That sounds like depression to be honest. Everything in life is important even the suffering. I would rather suffer forever than feel nothing.
>>
>>18279969
How do you deal with the fact that you werent existing before you were born?

Yes, after death it is the same.

It is no different from going to sleep. And now go spawn some babies to keep the carousel of life rotating.
>>
>>18280019
https://youtu.be/ff92TxuOcpM

https://youtu.be/cjPyvoLXPs4
>>
>>18280028
People have said things like this to me before and it even scares me more. It makes me scared of going to sleep for fucks sake. Sleeping without dreaming is like the most terrifying thing ever.
>>
>>18279969
Sounds like you're having an existential crisis. Don't worry, a lot of people have these. How you handle it is up to you though. Some people tend to ignore it, some embrace it by realizing everything is truly pointless and by then finding meaning in their life out of it anyway (sounds counterintuitive but its what i did).

A lot of people are going to suggest to stop overthinking but perhaps you need to get really morbid and look up everything you can about death. It might make you more calm about it.
>>
>>18280024
Nah, think about it. No more taking out the trash, no more dishes, no more lines where you have to stand behind the fucking retarded person buying lottery tickets and cigarettes. Just smooth nothingness. Like an eternal benzo.
>>
>>18280019
different tought patterns, you just happen to think about it now someone else might come up with this shit 10 years from now.
>>
>>18280032
>scares me more
Meh.
>>
>>18280035
My brain most be wired different or something. Your post makes me love taking out the trash, doing the dishes and lines. I would rather to those things forever then dying.
>>
>>18280031
Ho also watch It Follows. It's a horror movie that is an alegory for having an existential crisis.

Seriously. I think it's the best horror movie to date because of how well it imparts it's theme of existential crisis.
>>
>>18280041
Give it a couple years youngling
>>
>bleeblaabloo do all the kickass things maaaan!
>spends his time on 4jizz
Kicks fucking asses makkaroni
>>
>>18280014
I'd rather be coping with a half-assed theory than be terrified all the time OP.
Except I am still terrified sometimes, and I don't reallt firmly believe in my theories, but I think the fact that nothingness awaits us, as other people have said in this thread, is why you should not spend it worrying.
>>
>>18280041
Everyone has an existential crisis.
Mine has lasted about 3 years, and I think I'm getting better, I think.
Just try not to think about it.
>>
Here's a story:

I got really, really, really sick once. Like, think of the worst flu or cold you've ever had and multiply it by 100. I had to get up and tell my mom to get more medicine for me from the store.

The next thing I know, I wake up to a bunch of people's voices and a big headache. I fucking passed the fuck out infront of my poor mom and landed on my back and wouldn't wake up. I woke up hours later in the hospital, but I thought I was still in my living room.

I woke up and grumpily went "what? what?!" because I thought someone was waking me up from my bed or something. I had no idea what happened. I don't even remember getting light-headed or dizzy and especially not falling.

So when I think back to this, I stop worrying about death because I had no idea how time passed when I passed out. I didn't wake up in a panic or anything, just confused. Like I could've walked into my living room and dropped dead and I would not have even seen it coming like I did not see/remember KOing onto the floor.

Anyways, I hope death is like that. Just ending and not knowing what happened and not caring.
>>
i've always been terrified of desth for the same reasons OP.
But everytime I get a crisis, I try to think back on a memory.

I was 19 and I was camping with my friends on a hot spring day, then we went to bed.
The temperatures reached sub-zero that night and we had barely any insolation, and frost covered my pillow.
I actually thought "I'm going to die."
But there was no crisis, no existential dread, just this melancholic feeling of "I guess this is my time".
So when I think about death, I think back to how I dealt with the possibility of death when I genuinely thought I was going to die, and it makes me feel better.
>>
>>18279969

Death is just another part of the journey of life. We have one life and whatever happens, rotting in the ground, heaven, valhalla, we do not know.

However, what we do know is to live life to its fullest potential. Take risks. Smile more. Learn to love. Cry. Laugh and most of all, raise a family. If we do die into a black pit of nothingness, having someone to carry on your DNA and face sounds good to me
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.