[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get some job inspo? I want to switch careers altogether.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: help-wanted-610x300.jpg (133KB, 610x300px) Image search: [Google]
help-wanted-610x300.jpg
133KB, 610x300px
Can I get some job inspo?

I want to switch careers altogether.
>>
I don't know what you want
>>
>>18279773
Age? Sex? Location? Need more info
>>
>>18279786
At least $40k

Possibly labor union type job. Thinking about flagging. Needs no more than a ged and like a 6 month class at most.
>>18279789
22, male, WA
>>
File: 1493402248560.jpg (46KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
1493402248560.jpg
46KB, 640x352px
>>18279806
Border Patrol.
>>
>>18279808
Canadian border lel?

You know where Washington is right?
>>
>>18279809
Almost 100 stations on the northern border. At least 4 in WA
>>
>>18280404
Wait, really? What do they even patrol? People sneaking drugs/liquor or what?
>>
>>18280404
You have absolutely zero chance of getting anywhere close to the Canadian border until you have many, many years on the job. The USBP might be a great career for the right person. I have no idea. They're definitely going to be hiring a shit ton. But you will be in the southwestern desert miles from civilization and routinely dealing with cartel members and people who are willing to kill to get into the US.
>>
>>18280684
>Cartel

nopenopenopenope
>>
>>18279806
Behavioral Healthcare.
I'm a direct contact technician in a mental institution, all it took was a GED/diploma and being over 21. Great benefits, make about $3-4k a month depending on your hours, get 4 days off every week, and for the most part all you're gonna do is play spades or rummy with the clients, watch movies, take them to dinner and get them stuff to shower. The only downside of the job is the 16hr shifts, the occasional fight you'll get in with clients you can't legally hit back, and the emotional drain of watching people scrape rock bottom/recover and disappear to never be heard from again.
>>
>>18280684
Southern border 3-4 years. Making almost 100k
>>
>>18280801
Won't they have similar requirements as the police?

>tfw I don't think I'm alpha enough for Border Patrol
>>18280791
Sounds cool. I'll look into it.

Sounds like it could help with my social skills too.
>>
>>18280791
There's actually a place a couple blocks from where I live. Tips for application/interview?
>>
>>18280916
Dress to impress and be punctual. a large part of the job is keeping track of all the clients by doing rounds no more than 15mins apart.
>>
>>18280931
What is "doing rounds?" Just checking on 'em?
>>
>>18280938
Basically. You have a clipboard with each client in it and every 14 minutes you have to go find each client and write down where they are at what time then initial. These papers are used as legal documents in the event of an incident.
>>
>>18280965
You have to do that every 14 minutes for 16 hours?
>>
>>18280975
More like 8 hours, then you switch teams with your coworkers and do SOAPS which is basically emptying trash and laundry bins, preparing breakfast and lunch or dinner, checking vital signs, discharging clients, locking people in bathrooms, and getting toiletries/snacks for clients.

Ik it sounds like a lot, but you will only spend about 3 hours of your shift doing actual work. The rest of the time you're either playing board games, card games, dice, Cornhole, basketball, listening to music, watching movies or TV marathons, and shootin the shit with random people who have interesting stories to tell.
>>
>>18281019
You also get insight to the minds of others, you see all sorts of interesting personalities, mental and behavioral disorders, and habits. Not a job for the emotionally sensitive, but you also have to have some sort of compassion to want to help people
>>
>>18281019
>>18281031
Sounds like something I'd be interested in. My life is lacking in the human connection department.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.