[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scared of being recognized as a customer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 200.gif (1MB, 326x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1MB, 326x200px
How do I get over anxiety when getting food from the same place?
There's a small cafe at my college with 2 workers. I have been ordering the same 2 drinks for the past couple months now twice a week.
I have this fear that they already know what I'm going to say. It's almost like being embarrassingly predictable. Especially since last time I got my drink they didn't even ask if I wanted syrup they just put it on.
I know it sounds stupid but I also feel embarrassed because I don't think anyone else gets that drink.
And I fear that one day I will go up there and they will say my order before I say it or assume what I'm ordering (since I'm quiet). Which is why I'm hesitant to go up there now.
I am very ugly and hate being looked at so asking them is painful enough. They are nice but I feel like they look at me with pity.
How do I change my perspective so I can get the drink without any problem?
>>
Learn to make the drink at home if you can?
>>
>>18279639
That is a good idea actually, thankyou.
>>
File: 1493359195212.png (124KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1493359195212.png
124KB, 500x434px
On the bright side, you get to go in and say, the usual... And get your drink. Nothing wrong with being a regular customer
>>
>>18279582
It almost sounds like you have social anxiety. Do a test to see what symptoms you recognize. Otherwise, I don't really see why you should be listening to your fear? It seems pretty irrational to me. I get Thai food from the same place, they pretty much know what I'm going to get every time and what I want on it and what I don't. This doesn't mean I'm pathetic, this just means that I'm a regular. And they love you if you're a regular, because that means you've put a lot of money into their business.

Embrace it.
>>
>>18279582
Why do you see it as a bad thing? It's good to have a "regular spot." If they're not rude to you or anything, the familiarity could be nice. I go to the same coffee shop pretty much every morning, between my apartment and my bus stop. They know my name, I know theirs, and they start getting my order ready as soon as I come in the door. It's nice
>>
This is a simular fear of mine. Id sat yhat they do reallt wanna do that to you there is also a good chance that ur server has talked about this to other works what u have to remember is that thier lives are so boring that they have to talk abiut u and all the other dumb shit that happens so altho they migjt talk about it they prolly really dont care as soon as u leave. My advice is to beat ur anxiety to the punch instead of waiting for it next time imagine the lamest bitch u can and act like they would ORDER A DIFFERENT DRINK this one tume and be like ya i got a diff one this time pretty crazy huh and they will be like blah blah blah and u have now broken the cycle (drops mic)
>>
Being a regular and getting "my usual" is an honour in normie society. Unless you think your order itself is embarrassing, you should be happy.
>>
File: 1419884547010.jpg (127KB, 677x995px) Image search: [Google]
1419884547010.jpg
127KB, 677x995px
Wouldn't it still be cheaper to make at home?
>>
Yeah, I also hate being recognised by some workers. It is annoying, so I switch up places and go to one place only once in 2 weeks, which keeps them from remembering me.
>>
>>18279687
But you are expected to give tips and hold a conversation, which is not necessarily good.
>>
>>18279689
For the coffee OP's drinking there's probably a pretty large initial cost to get a decent setup.

>>18279582
As someone who's worked in food service, I'll tell you this:
1) They know you
2) They know you're shy
3) They're leaving you alone and not bugging you because they're being paid to be nice to customers and don't want to scare you off.
>>
>>18279582
>>18279735
Move to Finland
>>
>>18279730
I change places every time the person behind the counter starts feeling comfortable enough with me to say ANYTHING at all that isnt related to the transaction we are conducting. Its like motherfucker i came here to buy this thing and get out not to have a conversation with you.
>>
Yeah I have this fear too. I switch up places where I go all the time. I go to different grocery stores, different locations of the same fast food chain, etc.
It's definitely related to social anxiety I think. I realize how stupid it is because I used to work in a fast food place and I didn't give a fuck if a customer was a regular or not.

I remember a few years ago, I would go to the same subway like 4 times a week and always get the same thing. One day the girl behind the customer recognized me and said "the usual?" or something along those lines.

I never went back to that subway again after that. So stupid, I know.
>>
File: 1372048614799.jpg (62KB, 183x232px) Image search: [Google]
1372048614799.jpg
62KB, 183x232px
I only hate this in places where they expect a tip
that's why I go exclusively to fast food joints or more often than not eat at home
>>
1st world problems lmao
>>
Being that much of a regular is such a great thing! When I was working at a shopping center I'd get a kebab for lunch 2 to 3 days a week, and after a couple of months, I'd walk up and the guy would go "ay beef kebab?" I'd give him the thumbs up and they'd start getting it all made up. They'd also often round the price down, not charge for extras or throw in a drink for free.

I remember once it was a really busy day there and they had a large queue. I got to the counter and he'd already had it made up for me just how I like it. Shit was so cash

Literally the only problem here is with you. Seriously op it sounds like you've got some wicked mad anxiety issues that you should get checked out
>>
>>18279582
They are providing excellent customer service in my opinion. Besides it's when you go that often and they DON'T remember you is when you should have concerns. No reason to be embarrassed. There are 10's of millions of people just like you. How's that for perspective?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe one of them likes you. As far as your anxiety, stop thinking about the what ifs. Blank out your mind of all thoughts that YOU think people are having about you. Because after all, that is just an assumption on your part because you believe you are ugly. Wich I doubt you really are.
>>
>>18280723
Tipping is bullshit.
Did you know tipping was started by restaurant owners to offset the wages they would have to pay their servers so they could pocket more money. It's true, look it up.
Fucking assholes.
>>
Been going to the same few places for nearly a year and a half, because it's close to my work.
The key is that they aren't paid enough to give a fuck, and if your kind you get discounts.
>>
>>18279582
As a fast food worker, we don't have time or care to judge you anon. We'll remember your order if you're a regular but that's it. We're not going to sit at the back and talk about you like a bunch of girls at a slumber party. That 'pity' you're seeing is you projecting your anxiety, I 100% guarantee it. We don't care enough to talk about you as long as you're not an asshole.
>>
sounds like you need confidence my friend - the only downside to being recognized at any shop is if they label you as rude

>>18281286
100% This. I treat my regulars with respect. As long as you aren't a rude regular, and extremely few regulars are.

Also this >>18281563
>they aren't paid enough to give a fuck
and this
>if your kind you get discounts.
>>
>>18279582
Chance to make friends

Always went to this cheap fast food place after gym so it was bout 4 times a week. I always saw the same girl working there. After about two months i asked how her day was going and we got to chatting. She is a good friend of mine now. So i say you shouldnt really worry, you could see it at an oppitunity
>>
>>18279843
Haha, as a foreigner living in Finland, I can definitely attest to this solid advice!
>>
Is it just anxiety? I appreciate it when my cafe remembers me.

In fact, I got pretty tight with mine. A few times, they invited me to stick around after close and drink with them while they cleaned the place up.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.