[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I have Asperger's, what do I do now? So, my socializing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1488300250948.jpg (59KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488300250948.jpg
59KB, 919x720px
I think I have Asperger's, what do I do now?

So, my socializing skills are complete garbage, to the point I can't casually buy something from a seven eleven because of my mouth spitting words without any sense. And that's only of the bunch of symptoms.
>>
>>18279495

>what do i do now

assume that you don't have a mental disorder, take responsibility for your actions, and work on your social skills. to assume you are an aspie is to stop trying. by saying you have aspergers you are saying that you are no longer responsible for these problems and can essentially give up and say 'HURR DURR NOT MY FAULT, I HAVE ASPERGERS :D'
>>
>>18279495
High-functioning Aspergers is virtually indistinguishable from "normal" shyness and social awkwardness. The solution for both is OCP

O - Observe. Watch how others interact successfully
C - Copy them
P- Practice. You won't become chad overnight, but it is only by making yourself try that you'll gradually get better at it.
>>
Thanks to the guy who didn't talk shit. The thing is, it's no just about social skills, those I couldn't give less shaiza. Thanks anyways, I guess I'll wait. (Btw, I'm not trying to be free of guilt, I know part of its my fault, just trying to figure out how to live like this now)

Also, forgot to mention that I was indeed diagnosed with autism when I was 12, but my family never really cared.
>>
>>18279555

>i think i have a mild form of autism
>BUT MY PARENTS ACTUALLY GOT ME DIAGNOSED WITH LEGIT AUTISM AND JUST NEVER CARED

which is it?
>>
>>18279566

Both, thing is, the lady who diagnosed me was later imprisoned for drugging kids instead of trying proper treatment first, so I don't really know I can trust her. (She wasn't very good at her job)
>>
>>18279568

maybe you really are retarded, because instead of just explaining the full story you just said 'I THINK I HAVE ASPERGERS' instead.
>>
>>18279577

Asperger's has no "retarded effects".

Giving no context, too many details/none when talking seems to be another symptom. Well maybe you're right, I'll go kms now lol
>>
>>18279568
... either you're retarded or there is more to that story, because you can't be imprisoned for that. Treatment is treatment.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.