[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression/Medication help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: sertraline.jpg (90KB, 750x501px) Image search: [Google]
sertraline.jpg
90KB, 750x501px
Hi all,

I have been on 150mg per day of sertraline for a couple of weeks having had the dosage steadily increased over a six week period.

I was diagnosed with severe depression, anxiety and OCD. I feel like i am turning a corner a little bit, and beginning to get better, but every 3 days or so, I get severe diarrhea which lasts a couple of days, also I get a feeling like my heart is racing at a million miles per hour (even though it is 75bpm).

i know these are side effects of sertraline, however what is the best way of dealing with them?

Also, i carried on working for the first 6 weeks after my diagnosis (against my doctor's wishes), but eventually had another breakdown so have been signed off for the past two weeks (which coincided with increase to 150mg). Problem is, i saw my doctor today and they have signed me off for another 3 weeks. i enjoy my job, it is high pressure with a great deal of responsibility, but i have a good circle of friends there, and i am missing going to work. I understand why I need time off, but I am running out of things to fill my day with - any suggestions of positive things to do to help my recovery?
>>
don't fret. do some deep breathing type exercises to help with the heart racing. avoid too much coffee and drinks like that.

why not use the time to do something else you like? read a book, listen to some audiobooks, or online lectures? visit some elderly relatives?
visit some museums or cultural places (with a toilet within racing distance, just in case!).

download some guided meditations or affirmations and give them a shot, my two cents.

good luck anon, you'll be fine.
>>
>>18279324

Thank you, I will definitely try the breathing exercises and meditations

x
>>
I'd quit meds and focus on why I'm depressed and actively do something about it. I had a friend on sertraline and he went insane before quitting them and is now better.

Many people will argue me and give me (you)s but depression comes from a natural response to you not being happy about something and not doing anything about it OR not realizing that the world sucks and you have to make the best out of it because nothing will be handed to you as opposed to your childhood. I hope you get better.
>>
>>18279370

I had a bit of a shit 12month period - snapped my ankle and had complications from that, then had a promotion in work which meant extra hours, even more responsibility, my mum died very unexpectedly at the age of 56, other small things, got insomnia so was only sleeping 2-3 hours a night for space of 6 months. i have come to accept that I didn't deal with things properly, I kept them hidden and carried on as normal, which is why I basically cracked.

I completely understand your reluctance towards medication, I felt the same way, but, for me, the best thing I have done was to get help and the medication is genuinely making me feel better. I don't see it as a long term solution, I will make a concerted effort in the future not to work 60+ hours a week and to learn to say no to people and look after myself a bit more.

i do appreciate your comment though, and I am glad your friend is on the mend.
>>
>>18279433
You have a very good way of thought, and I can see why you would resort to medications under such circumstances. Most people would crack up under those and resort to anything because it's not only really hard to take all that in at once - it's damn near impossible. As opposed I am to those types of medications, I'm pretty sure I would resort to them myself if I was in your shoes. I feel really sorry for you, and hope you come to terms with those difficult things.

Do know that quitting those meds will make matters a bit worse before they get better, and be ready for it. Also take time to cry and write your feelings down either here on the chinchan or on paper. Stay strong and know that you aren't going insane - you're just having a reaction to the circumstances and that's what makes you normal.

View pic related in a stoic manner
>>
The Mindful way Through Depression is an excellent resource. I used the audiobook at a time I could barely even open a book to read. the guided meditations are great too btw. this may help anon. it can also be a good lifeskill in general.
>>
>>18279616

that is great thank you
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.