[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mother cheated on my dad on and off for the past 20 years,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: -.jpg (815KB, 1697x1131px) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
815KB, 1697x1131px
My mother cheated on my dad on and off for the past 20 years, we found out last winter. I'm studying abroad for a year so I haven't seen nor really spoken my mother, but I'm in touch with my dad. He's extremely sad and broken, rather than angry. He wants me to contact my mom and stay in touch with her.

Do I send her a mothers day card? I am angry about how she treated my dad and this card might make her think everything is okay between us (that's now she is). It's not.
>>
File: 1473740726255.jpg (143KB, 1018x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1473740726255.jpg
143KB, 1018x1036px
>>18279064
I'm sorry to hear that friend. Sadly that is how the world is these days. Cheating wifes are more common that not-cheating wifes.

I don't do anything for my mom on mothers day, are you american? In my country it's like a 50/50 split of people caring about halloween, mothers day, valentines etc..

I'd advise making sure you stay in contact with your dad and let your mom know you're disappointed in her. But hopefully you can forgive her, you only have one mom. And your dad probably only has you while your mom has at least one other partner, a gang of hens as friends etc
>>
File: Mushy_macaron_Onion_toast.jpg (328KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Mushy_macaron_Onion_toast.jpg
328KB, 1280x1280px
>>18279093
I'm from the Netherlands, I used to make breakfast with my older brother and bring it to their bedroom when we were kids.

Currently studying in Japan where mothers day is huge and there's carnations everywhere. I was in a different city a year ago, and I sent her a card then. Not sending one this year would get the message across.

Thanks for your advice. They're likely going to get a divorce and my dad will start over in the town where my boyfriend lives, he likes it there. I'll have plenty of opportunities to visit him, and he told me he's looking forward to that. Not sure what else I can do for my dad now. Don't know what my mother's plans are.
>>
>>18279064
Hell no, OP. She doesn't deserve it.
>>
File: 1481695860874.jpg (137KB, 1073x467px)
1481695860874.jpg
137KB, 1073x467px
>>18279128
I see, norwegian here.

I don't think you should be mean to your mom but letting her know you do not approve of such behaviour is a must. Otherwise she'll think its fine and might brag or give you details you really don't want. Not sending a card sounds perfectly fine to me.

As for your dad, the most important thing you can do for him is just letting him know you care and are willing to listen if he wants to talk about anything, sob or whatever. He's the one that is definitely getting hit the hardest by this stuff, and males usually never see it coming either. Your mom probably has a plan lined up that has been in the making for years with finances and all taken care of so I wouldn't worry too much about her.
>>
>>18279064
Send her a mother's day card that says you're not OK. Sounds like a good compromise. Maybe don't eviscerate her in print, but at least tell her you guys have shit to work out (in not so many words) the next time you see her.
>>
>>18279128
>Currently studying in Japan where mothers day is huge

Everyone cheats here in Japan too lol

Why bother getting married if you're just going to get divorced over something small like cheating
>>
>>18279064
Nothing you will say or do will change a damn thing. Your mother is a liar and cheat. Its not a one time anomaly but at the core of who she is. Learn from this, stay civil, but you do not owe her any respect.
>>
File: iytlQVwF1s72ys9o1_400.gif (914KB, 400x531px) Image search: [Google]
iytlQVwF1s72ys9o1_400.gif
914KB, 400x531px
>>18279142
I'm pretty sure my mother is sad and she regrets it, but not for the right reasons. They can't keep the house and she's sad about that, for instance. Don't think she will brag, although she does say stupid things.

>>18279154
That sounds like a good one. I also considered getting a really plain one and signing it with just my name.

>>18279169
Honestly? I condemn cheating. This country is pretty retared in the first place.

>>18279191
I'm not expecting her to change. I already accepted that they're going to seperate and honestly it's for the best regarding my dad's happiness.
>>
>>18279194
I love Japan's loose moral atmosphere it's great
>>
>>18279201

>japan
>loose morals

lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.