[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tinder help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 4942881195_a6e1380d8a_b.jpg (429KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
4942881195_a6e1380d8a_b.jpg
429KB, 1024x683px
Can someone tell me how Tinder works?
For whom is it made for?
Is it hard to meet people?
Do you have some appropriate stories?
>>
>>18278924
You swipe right on people you like and swipe left on those you dont

It's made for anyone although its build primarily on the foundation of appearances. However vapid and meaningless you believe that to be is up to you.

It can be difficult but it's basically a numbers game so it's not horrible

I've met up and hooked up with a few girls from tinder. Each interaction left me more empty and feeling lonelier than the last but it works.
>>
>>18278937
So, it's just horny people looking to fuck?
>>
>>18279001
I'd say for the most part. Some people try to look for something more substantive but to me it seems like a wash. Try it out though, you won't lose anything. My friend got his current GF after taking her on a date after they met on there so it can be of value. I guess its whatever you put into it. Just know that most dudes are looking for sex and most women are on there looking for attention.
>>
>>18279010
Facebook 2.0?

Is there a rating system, or anything similar?
>>
So, this has been my experience with tinder:

I'm 22, probably like a 7 out of ten facially, but I'm 5'7". Also a little bit autistic, and generally don't have an amazing history with women. Never had a girlfriend, never had sex, never kissed someone. I do, however, have plenty of female friends, and my best friend is a girl too. So, I think it's fair to say that girls don't find me repulsive, and that my lack of success in the dating world is more due to my confidence.

I got tinder about a year ago now, started swiping pretty liberally (I'm not really fussy on appearance, and that's all you really get to make a decision on in tinder). To my surprise, I had a fairly high amount of matches; an average of about 1 every day was usual for me. The thing is, with tinder most people will not reply. So, I was sending a message to every girl, but only about a third of them replied.

Most of these conversations at first were pretty clumsy and didn't flow, so I spent a few months on there just asking boring questions and getting boring responses. Eventually someone agreed to meet up with me, but I got very nervous beforehand and took far too much medication. This resulting in me being pretty drowsy, and therefore pretty uncharasmatic. It was a horrible date, very uncomfortable the whole way through. but she was nice afterwards (messaged me nicely turning down the idea of another date).
>>
>>18279922

This destroyed my confidence for a while, and so I didn't have any tinder dates for almost a year. I even turned down dates during this time, just out of fear of awkwardness. I persisted anyway, and this January I spoke to a girl on there who seemed perfect. My confidence had slowly returned by this point, and she was funny, interested in similar things to me, and suuuuper pretty. We arranged to meet up, and predictably I was absolutely terrified; so so nervous beforehand, to the point of shaking and feeling sick. The date was actually a blast though - we had a great conversation, both of us laughed the whole way through, and we both expressed a desire to meet up again.

The next day she sent me a message saying that she had just come out of a long relationship, and because of this didn't know what she wanted, and therefore didn't want to meet up again. This was admittedly a bit upsetting at first, but I QUICKLY got over it. Cool, I now knew that I could have a fun, successful date. I knew that I could be funny, and that I could enjoy meeting new people. This was great, and a bit of a breakthrough.

Since then, I have arranged plenty of dates, both through tinder and in real life, and my confidence has snowballed. This has also led to me improving socially, and for the first time in my life being able to interact comfortably with strangers, and even being able to joke around with strangers on a good day. Basically, what I'm saying is that tinder is a great way to put yourself out there, and that being persistent with putting yourself out there really is probably going to do you a lot of good.

I would definitely recommend tinder for someone who is really low on confidence; I feel like it's an easy start to dating for people like who I used to be, who couldn't EVER get enough confidence to ask someone out in real life.

Hope this helps in some way!
>>
>>18279922
>>18278924
>>18279016

All pretty accurate.

However, out of my experience women of todays era will always 100% judge you on tinder over your social media, the types of pics, what you look like and mainly the first picture they come across on your tinder profile. Most males and females barely look at your actual profile, they just swipe right.

protip: males out number females in every country on the tinder app
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.