[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be immoral to steal the scan of a science book, when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pepe-the-frog-796x398.png (226KB, 796x398px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-796x398.png
226KB, 796x398px
Would it be immoral to steal the scan of a science book, when I can't borrow a physical copy, but have access to one in a library that is about an hour away from home and has no computers to work on?
I mean I could also copy the pages or make pics of them, but that would be a waste of ressources for the same goal.
>>
>>18278875
It's only wrong if you get caught.
>>
>>18278875
My dad wrote a textbook once. It took him three years and he made a grand total of $4000 from it. Every copy you steal is money out of some science teacher's income.
>>
>>18278875
Meaningless distinction. Do whatever helps you to study. If you start to feel bad you can always support the author later.

>>18278881
Even when he can just go and read it in the library anyway...?
>>
>>18278881
I'd rather steal it and then donate $10 to the authors instead of having to travel 2 hours every time I want to use it.
>>
>>18278890
In Europe, but not the US, libraries pay a tiny fee to authors every time a book is taken out.
>>
>>18278881
Textbook writing is usually work for hire, not on royalty basis, because muh copyright.
>starving childhood meme. nice try though.
>>
>>18278875
scan the book OP, and do your homework like a good lad. don't listen to the knobs and n00bs.
also check out interlibrary loans, you may not even have to travel to get it.
>>
1. Steal the book
2. When you finish your university/college, donate 100$ to the library
Done.
>>
>>18278911
Interesting. Then again OP said the book can't be borrowed...
>>
It's not immoral imo. In fact, using something for educational purposes most often counts as fair use, so don't worry about it. For example, you have to pay royalties if you play a song in a nightclub but if you play it in a school class to teach something, it's fair use.
And the primary goal of a science book should be to educate, and it probably is in this particular case.

I agree with >>18278955
too, if that maakes you feel better.
>>
>>18278931
Simply, factually incorrect.
>>
>>18278875
Oh NO!!! You are stealing knowledge! Those poor gender studies professors need to eat too you know.
>>
steal? who are you taking it from?
>>
>>18279534
>who are you taking it from?
stealing taxes from the gov
>>
>>18278875
The entire market is a fucking scam. It's immoral to support them. Pirate away, friend.

https://mic.com/articles/62685/an-inside-look-at-the-textbook-scam-sweeping-college-campuses
>>
>>18279829
I was going to say this same thing. It's immoral to steal, but the textbook industry is also super shitty. You're stealing from plagiarizing crooks.

It's a wash.
>>
>>18278875
Who gives a shit, do it faggot.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.