[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is politeness and friendliness actually flirting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1480365603184.jpg (20KB, 246x232px) Image search: [Google]
1480365603184.jpg
20KB, 246x232px
It's got me into trouble and co workers think I'm fucking flirting with everyone there, even married men. What the fuck I even got scolded for it because 'since I moved in the office some new male faces appeared lurking'
?????

I'm naturally friendly and polite with people regardless of how I feel if I meet them in the hallway I'll smile and strike up a short conversation. Are you telling me it's impossible to interact and get along with men without:
causing rumors that I'm dating him
being seen as a slut/homewrecker/etc
or actually ending up with some shady invitations or text messages out of the blue?
>>
>>18278592
Yup. To men, niceness and politeness often appear as flirting. I literally had to explain this to my gf like 4 times when guys she was friends with on Facebook suddenly started asking her out.
>>
>>18278592
If you smile and talk with guys a lot EVERYBODY will see your behavior as trying to date them eventually.

Solution?
Stop being so nice to everybody. I know, it is shitty advice. But if you are beautiful young girl, there isnt any other solution.
>>
>>18278592
When you are at work the only thing you should be talking about is work. Work is not a social function, its fucking work.
>>
File: descartes-meditac3a7c3b5es.jpg (95KB, 1031x860px) Image search: [Google]
descartes-meditac3a7c3b5es.jpg
95KB, 1031x860px
>>18278592
It could just be your work environment but if even married men think you're flirting with them,it sounds highly likely to just be your choice of topics.

Don't talk to guys about serious stuff like the drinks you like,what you did or your plans for the weekend, or what THEY THEMSELVES have planned out in their freetime. That's not being friendly or polite that's just putting up a sign saying "I'm interested" Keep it casual.

Also
>text messages out of the blue
When you have this problem it's a sign that you're handing out your number too goddamn liberally. Your # is taken as a more intimate connection towards you and your time. Handing it out isn't friendly,it's a flat declaration of interest.
>>
File: harrypartridgesweatshop.jpg (54KB, 905x535px) Image search: [Google]
harrypartridgesweatshop.jpg
54KB, 905x535px
>>18278838

Pic related, it's you!
>>
>>18278592

It sounds like it might be coming across in your body language? There's nothing flirty about smiling and having a quick chat in the hallway or whatever, but combine that with flirty-seeming body language and that would definitely give the impression. If women are scolding you for this (that's the impression I got but correct me if I'm wrong) then that would especially support my guess.

Maybe try googling female flirting body language/things like that, and see if you're inadvertently doing anything like that while talking to guys you aren't interested in.
>>
>>18278918
>Keep it casual.

Just because I think that reads kind of cryptically I want to elaborate:

Keep your conversations and attitude focused on where you are at now(Work) and really you shouldn't have that problem. Hell your problem even might stem from the fact that it sounds like you're initiating. It's best to not do that but even if you are or don't want to stop, it should be work related.

Personally speaking when I worked in retail which had a shitload of women, the only time they ever approached me was for something Work related(Like what happened to another person who worked there,how to do something or how they were feeling about the day) which was the VAST majority of the time or they were intimately interested in me(What race are you,what's your favorite music,etc).
>>
>>18278923
oh man I hate these fucking social butterflies who try to turn everything into a social environment

thank christ I work in an engineering firm
>>
>>18278598
Your girlfriend knows this already but just doesn't care.

She likes the attention
>>
>>18278592
Your co-workers are just fucking stupid. You try to be nice, it's turned into something else, frustrating, isn't it? You did nothing wrong, at least.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.