[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

29 and don't know wtf I'm doing with my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 134524531452.jpg (69KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
134524531452.jpg
69KB, 500x265px
Let me paint you a picture.

>2008 meet future wife.
>2010 dropped out of jr college/ started dating her.
>2011 have trouble finding a good job
>Get a warehouse job working for her family
>2012 get married
>2012-2015 are awesome, our love for each other feels amazing, we support each other, I move up in the company, we have a house with a garden, we get to travel and have amazing vacations together
>Beginning of 2016 I can feel us growing apart
>Mid 2016 can obviously tell our lives are going two different directions
>August 2016 she wants to divorce
>Grass looks greener on the other side so I agree and we call it a mutual break up
>Feel awkward working for her family still
>November 2016 put in my 2 weeks and plan to move back home to re-group
>December 2016 move back home, don’t really have a plan
>Cant find a job that pays as good
>With no degree I just get a job at a bs restaurant for the holidays
>Hate the managers and quit
>January - March 2017 just start doing random jobs off craigslist (painting, dog sitting, moving furniture, warehouse.)
>Start drinking heavily
>Lose all motivation
>Stay up all night, sleep all day
>Parents are like wtf
>Feel like a loser
>Losing friends
>Can’t stop thinking about the past and how good I had it
>All my dreams and goals seem so far away I don’t even want to try

I know I just need to get a steady job so I can start to save money to move out of my parent’s house and start a new life, but I still have no idea what I’m doing as far as a career.
>>
Not too late to go to university to study a subject your passionate about. I would know, I'm 29 in August and by September I'll be moving 4 hours away to go to university to study robotics.

Hardest part is knowing where to invest your time, nobody but you can help you with that I'm afraid.
>>
>>18278618
Right now the only thing I can think of that I'm remotely interested in as a career is photography. Its just a hobby of mine but my family keeps telling me to pursue it more, but photographing weddings and elementary school portraits doesn't interest me at all.
>>
>>18278706
>but photographing weddings and elementary school portraits doesn't interest me at all.
Suck it the fuck up. You're 29 and that infectious youthful candy in your head is gonna run out very soon. You need to get started right away or you are doomed to be mediocre for the rest of your life. I'm a few years younger than you and don't want to give you tough love but I was a dishwasher for two years and had less than a dollar in my bank account at several points in my life. My life changed for the better when I went back to school.
>>
>>18278716
I suppose you're right, I appreciate you, anon.
>>
>>18278590
Marriage fucked up your life thanks to traditional old fashioned yank stereotypes like you should get married before 30 or you're a homo. Go back studying, get a job and don't go back dating. Don't let a myth called quarterlife crisis ruin your happiness.
>>
Nobody knows what they are doing, they can convince themselves otherwise.

You're situation is fine, you're just letting yourself be a mess. Pull yourself together. Stop drinking, get a proper routine.

Its not complicated,and there is no magical answer or advice that will help (although con artists target people like you). You will not find hope and answers outside of yourself, and the clock is ticking OP.
>>
>>18278590
Finish school anon. Your parents are nice enough to support you. Maybe sit down with your parents and apologize and tell them your plan. I would even do the student loans to live on and bang out 5-6 classes a semester.
>>
>>18278925
This, it's bad enough living with parents at 29, drinking won't help you get taken seriously.
>>
>>18278706
that's what keeps most budding and amateur photographers afloat, anon.

actually, drone photography for weddings and other events is the next big thing, you heard it here first.
>>
and please get career counselling or see a therapist for some guidance and help. might do you a world of good.
>>
OP here, just want to let you all know I appreciate all the replies. It sounds like the first steps I need to do are to quit drinking and get a routine going. Also going to really think about going back to school. Thank you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.