[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worried about my dad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1493595451615.png (51KB, 213x213px) Image search: [Google]
1493595451615.png
51KB, 213x213px
Today for about an hour my dad said he felt really weird. He kept standing up, sitting down, looking out the window, put hands on his head and said he felt dizzy. I was concerned but didn't really know what to do. I thought he might be having a panic attack but it seemed to last too long for that. Plus he was able to drive and when ive had panic attacks on weed i wouldnt even nearly be ok enough to drive.

Anyway, later he said he couldn't think clearly at all and forgot everyone's names, even his own. I'm really concerned. He wasn't lacking food or water either.

He's 61 if that helps. I've said he should see a doctor but he said he wants to just wait and see what happens.
>>
>>18278512
he forgot who he was? that's severe disorientation. a drunk schizophrenic in a warzone would probably still remember his name. your father shouldn't neglect going to a doctor.

sometimes severe stuff happens out of nowhere, only once. I went temporarily blind for a few hours once, and there was no good explanation.

Still though, this is pretty serious. Forgetting everyone's name is not a small deal. Lots of people with dementia still remember their names.
>>
>>18278512
Take note anon, write that stuff.

Best case scenario its an iron deficiency dementia a few pill and he will be okay.Take him to the doctor.
>>
>>18278512
Im not a doctor but have medical training.. I recommend you take him to Doctor.. Most of the times its nothing but because of his age its best just to get him checked out... Please stay with him keeping a eye out on him, keep track of any signs of major issues.. If he shows signs of distress like breathing heavy, cold skin or anything that could be a serious life threat call 911 and get him to a hospital.. Again could be nothing but no one here is able to see his vital signs or check him out so its best to have a dr do so just to be safe... I am truly sorry this is not much of a help and i hope things work out best wishes..
>>
>>18278539
sounds like you think he should go to an emergency room
>>
>>18278539
He doesnt want to see a doctor and my mum is being really dismissive of the whole thing too so that wont help convince him. He seems ok now so apparently that means nothing happened.
>>
I suppose there isn't much advice to give on something like this other than 'Take him to a doctor'. Not sure what I expected.

Thanks lads, I'll try get him to go but I don't think I'll be successful.
>>
>>18278951
If he refuses, just buy some fish oil caps and coconut oil. Two to three spoonfuls of coconut, or a couple caps, and that should get the brain going again.
>>
>>18278512
Definitely get him to a doctor. Could be a stroke, or some sort of other vascular disorder.

>>18278951
If he's really super resistant enlist other family or friends to make him go. He needs to go.
>>
>>18278512
Well if youre ok woth him dying (in worse case scenario) and then live with the knowledge you could have prevented that then by all means, after all he DOESNT WANT TO.
>>
>>18279059
>>18279079
He just came back in for dinner, i asked him about going to the doctors and he just said he wouldn't. I said i think he should and he used it as an excuse to attack me for not having a job. He then left without actually having any dinner.

I just made it worse, i don't know what he's got but going without food certainly isn't going to help. And i feel bad too because of what he said to me.

Wish i never said anything
>>
>>18278512
Those are neurological symptoms, he needs a doctor like now dude. If it's some kind of stroke or embolism it's just as likely to kill him as make him even worse mentally. Whatever it is, doctor, pronto, figure it out man.
>>
>>18279112
Your father is possibly going to die. Like soon. He may realize that and be lashing out at you in fear, but he needs help before whatever he has gets any worse.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.