[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to get rid of brain fog?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0820.png (52KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0820.png
52KB, 1000x1000px
>major depression since 14, 18 now
>when major depressive episodes come on (sometimes lasting years) i have a horrible brain fog
>mental clarity feels awful, feel spiritually unconnected if that makes any sense
>can still perform decent in school but the fog feels so heavy and weird
>feels like when you have shitty eyesight and you take your glasses off and your eyes feel weird
>brain fog on and even off antidepressants
>coming out of an 8 month depressive episode currently
>still heavy brain fog
>only time brainfog went away was when i had a manic episode on cymbalta
>lasted 3 days but felt so good to not have it

considering trying shrooms or adderall to spark something in le brain to defog/unclog

has anyone had this before? i know it's fairly common. if so, what did you do to fix it?

also, i eat healthy, exercise, healthy weight, socialize with friends etc taking vitamins... nothing natural helping
>>
This is shit. I'm going through this, too, at least right now don't have an episode, so I'm just lethargic.
I personally felt a little bit better when I finished school.
>>
I actually went through the same thing recently. The thing that really helped was drinking more water and nofap
>>
>>18278219
sometimes i feel like taking a weird retreat to the mountains or something like that would spark something in my head but i still literally have no idea
>>
My mind is really cloudy and I forget shit really quickly. What can I do?
>>
I've been fog-free for about a year now. I'm 30, but had been dealing with the fog inessential as well as depression since I was about 15.
I think my progress was the product of age and finding the right anti-depressant at the right dosage.
Feels good to finally be free of it, but honestly sometimes I wonder if the prescription just makes me complacent.
Just hold on tight, you'll get through this.
>>
>>18278341
How does it feel to be on antidepressants?
I've never gone to the doctor with my problem.
>>
You'll get there; hang in there. Adderall may lift the fog for a day or two; but the crash coming down can make it worse. What helps me is getting out inside in nature, more water, reading, and thinking of ways (though it's hard as hell), as to why I love myself. It can be absolutely bloody hell going through the brain fog of depression, and something you have to clear out daily. It sounds silly, but those four things help. Also, take time and call a friend. Get up no and make a plan for a day - one day at a time - no matter how awful it feels to even get out of bed. Do ONE thing for yourself to benefit your life; read one article , do one thing around the house; anything. Don't make any day a "zero" day. It sounds hokey , but it helps me. Reach out and call a friend. I feel you and hope you start feeling a bit better soon!
>>
>>18278378
I take 15mg of Adderall for ADHD

it removes the fog and unlocks everything

I started taking it 4 months ago. Within the first 2 months I manage to hold a decent job, quit that shit then invest all of my money to make more money.

I've made so much money and so many good contacts plus no fog.

The ONLY downsides are the crash and for some reason my imagination and spatial awareness have been turned down or off. Before the meds I had nearly full control of an issue dubbed "maladaptive daydreaming" I could see and feel anything in a vivid daydream. I could play out tons of different scenarios and foresee desired outcomes with minimal failure and it took 10 years to get here. Now its gone. My imagination only works if I'm giving it my 100% focus and my sptial awareness is shit.. The stupid fucking crash will have you laid out in a zombefied like state. Only feels like you've exercises a lot before falling asleep

I noticed I were suffering the brain fog back in 2012. I had done a lot of testing to get where I am now. and about 6 months ago I had asked a friend for one of his meds. Immediately after taking the pill everything went away and Within the first few hours I devised a plan to make a fuck ton of money, build credit and get off the medication before I possibly become dependant.
>>
Get a full blood panel done.

I had depression, which turned out to just be a symptom of anaemia and vit d deficiency.

If there's a physiological problem you're just masking it with anti depressants and adderall.

Also adderall is shit. Get yourself modafinil.
>>
>>18278445
I have anemia, it fucked me both physically and mentally.
Where to get modafinil since modafinilcat is down? Is the store bought a viable choice?
>>
>>18278458
I get mine from UKMeds on an online prescription.

But ye, get yourself checked out properly. Don't just go by feels, because they'll just chuck ADs at you without investigating the issue properly.

You could also try shock therapy (not electroshock) where you shock your senses by doing something like bungie jumping or cold water diving.

Just a word to the wise, SSRIs are useless. Absolute garbage.
>>
>>18278099
Adderall is not going to help. I have had this brain fog since I am 15 and I am 25 now. MDD as well. I tried (and got addicted to) amphetamine and heroin. They never took the brain fog away, but I ended up taking them for other reasons. I don't know what to do and stopped trying to fix it and I just live my empty life
>>
Death. Not in the literal sense of the word, but in the metaphorical one - once you experience agony and death you will be reborn. This is all I can say.
>>
>>18278367
You won't have a noticable effect for at least two weeks. After that, things just seem to click more. I slowly stopped the constant repetitious ruminating thoughts on things that bothered me.

You should see a doctor. A chemical imbalance is an illness that can be treated, just like a migraine or a flu or any other ailment.

I started taking fluoxetine about two years ago. I think I would have been much happier and completed more of my goals sooner, if I had started seeing my psychiatrist 15 years ago.
>>
>>18278445
i have a MTHFR mutation which makes me extra sleepy so i take l-methyfolate for that... also a bit on the anemic side. ill definitely try the modafinil i've heard it works well. what does do you recommend starting?
>>
>>18279646
>what does do you recommend starting?
>does do you

rehab
>>
>>18278445

I thought mine might have been anemia or vitamin deficiency. I improved my diet, I eat red meat whenever possible, I drink a lot of milk. Lots of veg and fruit. No improvement.

It feels like when your glasses are dirty or your eyes can't adjust to a new depth, but for your brain. I hate this shit. I can't concentrate and I forget things within seconds.
>>
Going outside and/or focusing my eyes on a particular point sort of helps me. But treating depression is really the only thing that will help long term. If you're wary of getting professional help, or you can't afford to yet (and even if you can) try exercising. It's one of the best ways to help with depression. Read the rest of this list too.

http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/06/16/things-that-sometimes-help-if-youre-depressed/
>>
If you start adderall put yourself on a timer to eat, you will forget
>>
>>18278099
>major depression since 14, 18 now
u know nothing son
wtf is this brain fog shit anyway
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.