[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into a more fun group of friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1484575779651.jpg (217KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484575779651.jpg
217KB, 1024x768px
I'm in university and all my friends are "nerds" or nerds trying to be cool. I was always between them and another group of people who would be considered "cool" but that group fell apart and now I only have these "nerds". I like them as friends and stuff, but they are very boring to go out with. They never wanna do anything fun that will put them outside their comfort zones, they never wanna go anyplace new, they never hit on girls, they "drink responsibly" and so on. It's just no fun.

So, how do I get into another group to party and hang out with? It's easy to befriend people, but much harder to get accepted into their group of friends and get invited to shit.
>>
Someone must have some advice to give!
>>
>>18277924
Get into some hobby where cooler people would congregate I guess. Stay away from the videogame crowd, anime etc.

For what it's worth, nerds are fun in their own regard. I feel like I'm in the unique position because i grew up a huge nerd and with time got better looking, more extroverted, etc so I hang with both types of people. They have their pros and cons
>>
File: berserk.jpg (95KB, 750x797px) Image search: [Google]
berserk.jpg
95KB, 750x797px
>>18277924
>He's so boring that he has to get wasted and do dumb shit to have a ""good time"" (TM Normieville USA)
>>
Join Greek life. We turn the fuck up all the time.
>>
>>18277924
Join clubs anon, or find something cool to do that you can do well. I fucking hated uni up until sophomore year, no friends worth having and no upward social movement.

For me, the change was when I joined the robotics club, and kinda through that got involved in creating a maker space for our campus. As more and more people joined on the project or wanted to use our space, I had more ways to connect with people on campus. The theater club needed to use the space to work on props, the engineers wanted to build shit, the programming board needed to make floats for the pared, etc, etc. I helped them on their projects, and they invited me out for drinks. A great way to get into a group is to make them rely on you.

There's a billion other ways to get to that point, but all of it starts in clubs. The first step to being cool is realizing that it's all about knowing people and not so much about acting cool.
>>
>>18278046
I guess this is the way to go.

What pros do nerds have? I'm tired of vidya and cape shit movies and all that. Board games are fun though, and that's pretty much the only thing we do now. I think did a similar thing to you. I'm barely the same person as I was back then.
>>
>>18278052
Who said anything about doing dumb shit? And yeah, alcohol is pretty fun as long as people don't take it too far.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.