[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fake martial arts dojos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: tackle-grapple.jpg (54KB, 512x352px) Image search: [Google]
tackle-grapple.jpg
54KB, 512x352px
Anyone ever dealt with scam martial arts dojos/courses?

A guy in my city has been running courses to teach his literally made up style of martial arts. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any formal training himself. The problem is that he's started courses for young kids aged 3-9. Which concerns me because he brands his wannabe kung fu as effective, real-world self defense and I get the feeling these kids will get their asses beaten if they ever tried his techniques in real life.

It kind of bugs me that there's no martial arts equivalent of restaurant health inspectors.
>>
Write a review online bashing his school.
>>
They're referred to as McDojos in the MMA/Bjj community. There are some groups on fb that enjoy highlighting such establishments.
>>
What was done to people like that in the ~90's and before, was to pose a challenge in front of his students. Fight with clothes, mouth guard and helmet. He'll probably bail so whoever is the challenger could humiliate him in front of the students

Bjj fighters do that but usually to other bjj fake gyms. If he's naming his martial art after/under some other, there's probably a legit gym or federation of that style that will do something about it, be a challenge or anything else
>>
>>18277827
*clothes = gloves, wtf nobody should fight naked anyway
>>
>>18277803
This is literally all kung fu dojos. They're all made up bullshit that doesn't actually work in real life. They just give people confidence and a workout which is not such a bad thing. Certainly nothing to worry yourself enough to actually do something about.
>>
>>18277827
Don't think he's ripping off any particular style. It's just a bunch of made up garbage. Shit, I've seen more realistic fighting in Iron Fist... I mean, maybe I'm being too critical or exaggerating. Here's his Instagram, see for yourself:

https://www.instagram.com/phoenixartsmartialarts/

>>18277856
That's what I thought at first, but he's a bit of a scumbag. He's banged at least one of his (underage) students, and he's written a novel espousing the virtues of his (made up) fighting style. He's basically a low rent kung fu L Ron Hubbard.
>>
>>18277803
>ages 3-9
>I've coached soccer for 5-8 year olds
>they are literally running around like morons and the main reason is because they want their kids to do something somewhat active while they can actually have sex in an empty house.

No, fuck off OP. He probably has training, but he isn't going to grab wooden reeds and start whipping them to death. There's so much bullshit out there.

Any 3 to 9 year old is going to get their ass beat.
>>
File: Pankratiasts-fighting.jpg (89KB, 1104x642px) Image search: [Google]
Pankratiasts-fighting.jpg
89KB, 1104x642px
>>18277830
tell that to these guys:
>>
>>18277803
Bring your story to the local newspaper. If it's a slow news day an ambitious reporter might follow up on it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.