[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hating myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I am too fucking polite, Once my parents gave me ten pounds at a bootfair.
I found a stool with old rare beast wars transformers for a pound each, I only got three to not spend there money.
This happens all the time.
>>
>>18277552
You're considerate. There's not a damn thing wrong with you
>>
>>18277552
Why do I deprive myself of happiness to make them momentarily happy when they will forget it later
>>
>>18277564
im too considerate though, I say sorry for everything.
Also im extremely paranoid about how im perceived
>>
>>18277571
it stops me from buying or displaying the thibgs i love like nendoroids
>>
>>18277571
So you're Canadian?
>>
>>18277577
no im British
>>
>>18277552
>>18277571
damn m8 i'm the same thing.
I dont want to come off to you guys as super nice or whatever. But I do the same.
>one time my uncle offered to pay for me to rockclimb this wall at a fair and i said no and they teased me for being scared of heights but i did not want to spend his money
>my aunt offered a trip for me to mexico as a graduation present and a i lied and declined and said that i wanted to look for jobs when i really didnt want to spend her money
>mom leaves a $20 to order delivery and I end up buying ingredients at supermarket just to save a few bucks

I can never just 'enjoy myself'. When I'm on my own, hell yeah I can spend freely. But when it comes to other people, i deprive myself of small and simple pleasures.

It might sound all good like 'oh they raised him right'. But I feel like people take advantage of it. Like at work a coworker might say they need to leave early if i can cover them cause they have an emergency. I always say yes. To me its like 'being a team player. helping my boss. helping my coworker'. One time i overheard my boss say 'we'll just have anon do it. he always says yes'. like i didnt know i was such a pushover
>>
I am in the same exact situation. Matter of fact, I just got myself into a bit of a problem here
>some girl friends of a girlfriend of mine came to visit her for a few days
>one of them, who is single was excited to meet me cause she saw me in pictures and they talk to her about me, she likes me
>they showed me pic of the girl before and I dont like her at all
>It so happens that I am out of town so they(the girl) started calling me, telling me she was dissapointed I didnt show up, that she wanted to meet me, that I wasted her time? and basically flirting
>I dont want to mislead her so I answer.with a joke and a couple of short answer like“haha you guys are drunk, its time to go to bed”
>they all take it as if I was an asshole to her even though I told them that I didnt mean to be rude
Ive decided to leave it at that, dont want to reopen the conversation and have her think that I am interested or something causd that would be worse.
Did I do something wrong?
>>
>>18277552
I was like you back then. Too fucking polite and considerate to others. Afraid of confrontation, hurting people feelings, and uncomfortable situation. Listen man, you got to change because someone gonna fucking use and exploit your politeness soon until you dry. I learned it the hard way. It's going to be difficult and hurtful at first for you to change but you have to.
>>
>>18277552
Read No More Mr. Nice Guy by Robert Glover. It's pretty much the best summary and solution to this thread and many of your guys problems. I was, and somewhat still am like you guys and this books has been a tremendous help putting things in perspective and helping me improve myself.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.