[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating without social media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0034.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Hey /adv/

I'm a twenty year old who has been off social media for a year. The breaking point was when I got a little too political on facebook (I know, fuck off back to /pol/) and got hounded not only by my friends but their friends too. I realized that I didn't care that much about what other people were posting, and that I could only express half of myself online if I didn't want to become an outcast. So the next time I got a phone I simply didn't download facebook, snapchat, instagram or any of that stuff. I told myself to wait and see how life turned out without it, and if I really wanted to go back, I could always just download them again. It's been a year now and for the most part my life has changed for the better. My friendships feel more real and personal, my phone isn't always blowing up with notifications that I don't care about, and the I appreciate the people I have stayed in touch with all more because of the extra effort they put in. The only downside is that it has made my dating life non existent. I don't feel desperate or lonely in particular, I'm not a kissless virgin, and there are plenty of girls who I flirt with and some of whom I think are somewhat interested in me. But I feel that my complete absence from social media is kind of a giveaway that I'm not completely "normal". I come off as sociable and well adjusted in person but I'm a fan of my alone time being actual alone time. Do you think girls notice this and will write me off as a freak? Even if I did start new accounts I would be that guy that only has several dozen friends/followers while everyone else has been accumulating hundreds over the years. Is dating in this age and in my generation possible without social media, or should I accept that I'm going down the path of autistic loner?
>>
Of course dating is possible without social media, just do it like people used to do before social media appeared. It wasn't even that long, jeez.
>>
>>18277524
Well I know, but now it seems everyone is on it, and it's weird if you're not. Am I just overestimating how big a deal it is that I just don't like social media? I feel like at some point in dating someone it will have to be brought up and might get awkward.
>>
I'm on the same boat except everyone knows I'm insane and there is no "prenty of girls who I flirt with" for me, hell I'm not even unnatractive or autistic, I just do whatever the fuck I want and girls seem to look down on that.
>>
>>18277536
I've had two girlfriends without social media. You don't need that shit.
You can try online dating if you don't know many people irl. You also don't need a real facebook account for Tinder.
>>
>>18277561
for me that shit's even worse

I just want real connections without showing my powerlevel
>>
>>18277572
Then just do life normally. No it's not weird if you don't have facebook. You can even say you only got it out of peer pressure and that you quit because you had no use for it.
>>
>>18277555
checked

I'm currently working on being more physically attractive.

I used to be fat, but I've lost weight recently and I'm getting noticeably more attention. But I still have a ways to go before I'm a chad. The only reason I flirt as much as I do is because I work at a cafe that's right next to a college so there's a lot of young female customers and coworkers, but I haven't gone beyond just little day-to-day interactions.
>>
>>18277586

Haha lucky, I've been lifting for 2 years and I am told that I look pretty good but that didn't make much of a difference with girls. I'm sure it's because of my shitty manners, I am mostly serious and ignore girls because I have nothing in common with them most of the time, and I don't want an awkward conversation, later I find out that they think I dislike them but it's not like that at all!
>>
I am in this exact predicament as well.
>>
>>18277515
>>18278308
Is this something that girls actually care about? I have no social media and no dating life either.

Can we get some femanons to chime in here?
>>
jesus dude, no girl gives a fuck about social media. if anything it makes you different/interesting by not having it, stop being a bitch
>>
>>18278396
>no girl gives a fuck about social media

When was the last time you were around a woman?
>>
>>18277584
This is some good advice, anon. Thank you.
>>
>>18277536
Yes, you are over estimating it. I just tell people that I don't believe in it and explain why. Then I tell them to watch Swiss Army Man.
>>
>>18278363
It depends on what kind of girl you're going for. If she's active on social media, it probably will confuse her. If you're going for someone who's shy and doesn't use it, she won't care. But average/ basic girls will think you're a weirdo and perceive it as you being paranoid.
>>
I got off social media 2 years ago. I unfriended everyone I knew and used my profile to start a tinder and/or bumble profile. I met my now boyfriend on bumble. I don't use social media at all and LOVE my life without it -30 y.o. fem.
>>
>>18277515

Tons of people date perfectly fine without social media. Don't blame the generation for your crippling autism.

The give away that you're not "normal" isn't your lack of social media presence, but your idea that a social media presence has absolutely anything to do with being able to create emotional bonds with another human being.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.