[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pls help me. why cant I ever be happy? >Unhappy in relationship,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (7KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 291x173px
pls help me. why cant I ever be happy?

>Unhappy in relationship, end it (amicably) when I meet someone else
>Unhappy with new person, realise it was "grass is greener" syndrome, end new relationship on grounds of wanting to be single for a while
>Unhappy now, riddled with anxiety, feel sick constantly

I put a LOT of thought into all the above decisions, and none of the breakups were "bad" breakups. Yet no matter what decision I make, no matter how sure I am, as soon as I go through with it, my brain just turns on me.
>>
>>18276871

Learn to be happy with yourself first. If your happiness is contingent upon others, you're pretty much dooming yourself to a lifetime of unsatisfying relationships.
>>
>>18276871
Happiness comes from what is known as the power process. Which is the process by which you expend energy and resources in order to fulfill your own needs. (Or the needs of a small group with which you associate).

Set more challenging goals for yourself and your intimate partner.
>>
>>18276878
how do i do this? :~(
>>
It could be ''I-had-too-much-frivolous-sex-in-my-adolescent-years'' syndrome.
>>
>>18276871
>no matter what decision I make, no matter how sure I am, as soon as I go through with it, my brain just turns on me.
Very powerful insight. This is how human brain works.

It is said that people in the western world could actually be happier if heat and electricity and water worked only 90% of the time because brain becomes blind to the fact how great seeing and not freezing are when we have them 100% of the time. But it also makes sense that the brain works like that: Like what's the point to waste concentration on things which work perfectly?

In the same way you can become blind to the great things you do have and conclude that things need to change. What you have realized now is that changing things won't make you happy but changing yourself will.

So stop trying to control everything and enjoy the life that just comes to you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.