[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loosing interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 0-8oXBkmoqM4i5bgFM.jpg (99KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
0-8oXBkmoqM4i5bgFM.jpg
99KB, 680x400px
I have started to lose interest in animation. Sadly I have built my whole life around animation and I can't stop doing animation without wasting the money that was put into my schooling. I'm wondering if there's any way for me to get back to loving animation. I'm unable to take a break without throwing away my efforts up until now. I'm a bit at a crossroads between no longer doing animation and doing something else or just continuing on in hope that one day the spark will come back
>>
>>18276799
What do you animate?

Perhaps a new project of interest will spark your passion again.
>>
>>18276807
I'm mostly doing things for school like lipsync and walkcycles but I have the option to animate anything I just can't come up with anything that I would enjoy doing
>>
For me, personally, doing something I'm passionate about usually go back and forth between extreme interest and general apathy. I study everyday for about an hour. Sometimes more, but at the least an hour. That way even during times of low interest you are still making progress, and you can pursue other interests in the meantime.

So, my advice would be not to really "search" for that spark again, but to stick to your decision and gently ride out waves of disinterest that come every now and then. If your interest never really comes back after a long time, then you could always branch off into something similar to animation (I don't really know what, as it isn't my field) or just start all over again in a different field.

Just keep at it. You will get where you want to be eventually. Don't give up just yet.
>>
Get interested in something else other than animation. Pick up a book about mechanical bearings and joints and animate a cool machine using those, pick up a biology book and animate a tree growing accurately or something.
>>
>>18276838
>>18276834
Thank you both for the helpful advice
>>
>>18276834
This is good advice, especially since inspiration and motivation will wax and wane. But you also have to be aware of burnout.

Burnout happens when you work too hard for too long, and is pretty common. You get worn out, lose motivation, lose drive, lose enthusiasm, lose everything. And it only gets worse the longer you struggle through it.

You should keep pushing and keep chipping because there are going to be times when you don't have that spark. But there are also times where what you really need is a break. A real one, not even thinking about what you need to do, to recuperate and recharge. A few days to a week, a little vacation. Go places, see things, do something new, relax and watch good shows/movies. And then come back to it, with your energy restored.
>>
>>18276799

stop dramatizing your life. you act like no matter what you do its a life ending situation and its not.

taking a break wont ruin your entire work built up now.
>>
>>18276799
Actually dude just take a break. Honestly that is the exact thing I do when I feel like I am getting burned out with hobbies and interests.

Maybe try to play some video games for a few weeks or even read news. Maybe pick up a new hobby. Just do something temporarily for now and go back to it.

Trust me when I say this when you take a break and come back you will find renewed interest and your talents will become better for it.
>>
>>18276799
You will never find a job that makes you wet yourself with joy every morning for the rest of your life. Just get some job and seek meaning from something else. Career isn't everything in life.
>>
>>18276799
don't worry about it, I think we can all get a bit bored even if we love what we're doing
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.